South Bay Hospital - Sun City Center Employee Reviews

Surgical Technologist Extern (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLMarch 22, 2018
I had an amazing time working at South Bay Hospital.
All of the staff was very helpful. I received very good pay and great hours. I would work for them again, if they ever decided to call be me back.
Pros
new experience every day.
Cons
short breaks
Fun with great Co workers
Director of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Not very challenging, tasks generally easy. Enjoyed working directly with physicians.
Owed by a large corporation, there were constant changes to senior management and therefore changes to strategic vision. While this made some unhappy I saw it as a chance to learn different leadership styles and adapt.
February 2, 2018

Thank you for your comments about our Hospital! We appreciate your feedback!

Nice place to work
Lead Admitting Officer (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 23, 2018
This was a good place to start for working in the hospital field for me because I learned a lot and it allowed me to branch out to other organizations and share my learning experiences.
Pros
Close to home
February 2, 2018

We welcome those new in their careers for just that reason! Thank you for your comments!

very team-oriented and fair place to work
Exec.Asst. to CNO and CFO (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work. I would recommend HCA to anyone. I had a wonderful tenure with HCA and would like to continue on a part-time basis as I am semi-retired.
January 16, 2018

We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience. Thank you for considering returning back to us!

Family Environment
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLNovember 15, 2017
There are so many reasons that I loved South Bay, I wouldn't even know where to begin. It's a Community Hospital in every sense. It's a family environment and the level of care is unmatchable by any other Hospital.
December 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing this compliment! We appreciate your feedback!

Nice place to work
(Telemetry/Medical) - Parallon Workforce Solution (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLNovember 5, 2017
Small community hospital that has a positive environment. Great staff everyone works well with each other, Awesome TEAM! Management is very supportive, Doctors have good bedside manners. Overall this a nice hospital to work for.
December 7, 2017

The teamwork you describe comes from our great caregivers! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Nursing Clinicals
Nursing Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I do not work at this facility so I cannot answer any of these questions accurately, but my clinical experience at South Bay was a positive one. The staff was friendly and functioned together well as team. I will be applying at this facility in the future when the time comes.
December 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are very pleased that you have had a great nursing clinical experience!

Low moral and low pay
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLSeptember 12, 2017
A typical work day is very stressful with long hours and never a set shift with no relief.The Job here in the sterile department pretty much take over your personal life and doesn't allow you any family time the department is selfish and add cases on up until 10 pm or later and you have to stay because you are your own relief. I could go on and on but I wouldn't recommend anyone for this job and also when you are the on call person you take call on your weekend and is still required to work the entire week which adds up to 12 days before you get a day off
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long shift poor pay
September 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up regarding work assignments for this department and possible solutions. We currently have 4 positions posted for this department to improve staffing. If you would like to share more feedback please feel free to contact Human Resources at 813-643-0135.

ok place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLAugust 5, 2017
work environment is pleasant, large elderly population, people are trying to make it better but management isn't making enough steps. bring your own lunch
Small hospital that caters mostly to geriatric patients
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJune 14, 2017
A typical work day sometimes can be busy for one phlebotomist on third shift because there was one phlebotomist for the entire hospital. I learned how to multitask and prioritized my work load. Management was okay for the most part. The workplace culture was awesome for the most part. The hardest part of my job was attending to all the nurses and healthcare providers need in a timely manner because there was only one phlebotomist for the entire hospital on third shift. During season I was a phlebotomist worst nightmare because every department including the ER would be calling for lab draws but all of this made the time go by fast. What I enjoyed most at work was getting the impossible sticks that no one was able to get.
Pros
Free parking, free coffee
Cons
Lacking security at night
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLMay 5, 2017
A typical day as a respiratory therapist is always unpredictable. Once you are assigned your patient work load, so many things can happen to change the pace of your day. As I often worked on the code team, I had to respond to emergencies that interrupted the flow of meeting the flow of my other patient needs. However, I always worked with a good team of other supportive therapist that shared responsibilities. We filled in for others as needed to help make sure all patient needs were met.
Pros
good supportive working enviornment
Cons
long days with sometime unpredictable shift ending
Love all the nurses that I worked with, everyone was kind and worked very well together in team work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLApril 26, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at South bay hospital. The nurses were very good and also nice to work with we all worked together as a team to get the job done. I worked on the day shift on the telemetry unit. The charge nurses were excellent and very helpful. The only thing that I did not like about working at South Bay hospital was the pay was lower than all the places I have worked and they were very picky about who they wanted to advance in their nursing careers there. Which caused me to move on to advance outside of South bay hosp.
Pros
Good Team work
Cons
low pay and decreased plans of advancement
Too strict
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLApril 14, 2017
Hard place to work. All their employees hate it there. You will regret ever working there. There's so many other places that will be better. And they are always in need of employees because everyone quits yet never hire people
Pros
Close by
Cons
Low pay, work you twice as hard, bad management
not productive
Cardiac Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  suncity floridaDecember 20, 2016
Job environment is not friendly. Also not good management,
no job security. not very will employment appreciation. confusing job schedule. frustrated environment
Productive work environment, helpful employees
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 13, 2016
It is a hard job but after being at it awhile it gets easy. The staff I work with is great and we always help one another out.The most enjoyable part of my job is giving the guests some piece of mind when it comes to the cleanliness of our facility.
Pros
Reduce prices on meals
Cons
Lone hours at times
Nice people to work with
RN (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 1, 2016
A small hospital that is growing. It's a place where "everybody knows everybody". That is good for people that like that coziness. Location is great. As all smaller organizations, you must be flexible as there isn't a specialist for this or that. Sometimes you have to perform additional duties which keeps things interesting and you get to learn about other departments.
Pros
Small town feel with growth and more opportunities.
Cons
Staff turn over sometimes leaves units short.
Was not so bad, ideal for student
Certified Nursing Assistant And Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJune 5, 2016
Hours were available when needed. I worked PRN when I was a full time student therefore, the job was ideal. Majority of nurses were great and helpful
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Understaffed, overworked
I enjoyed and was challenged while being employed at South Bay.
Rehab Coordinator, Insurance Verifier, Registrar (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed and was also challenged at my different job duties while employed at South Bay Hospital. Even though South Bay is considered a small hospital, they take pride in the care of their patients, employees, and the community.
Pros
Like working with family.
Cons
An excellent place to work with personable people and helpful management
PRN (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 27, 2015
The management within my department is excellent. They have regular staff meetings and make efforts to discuss and resolve any issues within the department that is brought forward by the staff or patients. Management is also willing to allow staff the ability to do their jobs without constant interventions.

My co-workers are personable and easy to work with willing to acknowledge the needs of not only the department but of their fellow co worker's personal needs.

The hardest part of my job is only due to the fact that I am not a regular employee and primarily do after hours on call services for the hospital. I have to depend on management and my fellow co workers to pass on pertinent information about procedure or protocol changes. Sometimes communication about these changes are not made to me in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I love working as a sonographer and also like the flexibility of the hours at times.
Pros
flexibility, friendly peronsable employees and management
Cons
Communication is limited when you are a prn worker.
productive workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 5, 2015
co-workers are friendly, attentive, focused and work hard. They do everything in the patient's most interest. I love volunteering because it brings me joy knowing that i can change an individuals time just by giving them my time.
Pros
free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Bay Hospital - Sun City Center. Our community is ready to answer.

South Bay Hospital - Sun City Center Reviews by Location