South by Sea

South by Sea Employee Reviews

A typical day consisted of posting on instagram, reaching out to organizations in an attempt to get them to start or place an order through the company, assisting with designs, and dealing with customer support. Regular calls with your manager can be expected. It is entirely commission based so if you are on a smaller campus with less funds it can be difficult as the company is more pricy than its competitors. However bigger campuses seem to thrive. The hardest part of the job is getting people to place orders through the company. The most enjoyable is the designs you get to help create and the social media management.
Pros
connections
Cons
commision
They touch base frequently and want to help you get orders and promote the company at your campus as much as possible! I learned how to run a social media account to help promote the company at SFASU.
I am a remote campus manager at Ball State University. Great place to work and great management. Usually deal with management through monthly phone calls. Managers try to keep motivations high.
They really appreciate employees here, a great company to work for. Monday through Friday 9-5 and lot of holidays including Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Monthly company meetings with lunch provided by a local restaurant.
The staff is very flexible and collaborative. I think the most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work from home while taking care of my children.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Due to only being a campus representative for this company, I did not work within the company itself, but rather worked remotely at school and earned commission for my designs.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
No solid schedule
I don't have any opinions of this company I was not treated fairly from about 3 months into me hire, they used me for my knowledge they never intended on keeping me.
Customer service of this company is unbelievably poor. They shorted me shirts for my sorority and will not fix their mistake, making it very difficult for me. They have continued to push the blame on me by saying that they are confident in their quality control shipping process. I highly encourage that any fraternal or other organizations avoid doing business with South By Sea.
I enjoyed my time at South By Sea. They were honestly a great employer until they called me on a weekend to tell me our shop was closing and I was being laid off. They couldn’t tell us to our faces, so I lost some respect for them for that.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun, stress-free, good benefits
Cons
Poorly managed, unprofessional, low pay
Theres no room for advancement. Management is behind on standard procedures. Don't give warning when laying off employees. The workers are good people but I put all the blame with upper management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at South by Sea?
management is fear based and only talk to you when you are doing something wrong. Fun christmas parties. Unfair time off for people who win at games instead of people working hard. Zero career advancement.
South by Sea was a great company to start learning more about sales and customer service. The managers the oversee you are all extremely helpful and are wanting to help make your business more profitable.
Pros
discounts
Cons
commission only
I was in charge of promoting South By Sea and encouraging groups on campus to find the perfect products and designs for their organization's custom apparel needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
payed on commission
I love this company! I love that all of us are college kids that needed a little extra money because we're not fully "competing" for a salary, the harder you work the better money you make.
Pros
free clothes, own hours, at-home
Cons
commission
  1. Employee Reviews