South County Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Beautiful place- Management lacks skill
ann On amous (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMay 28, 2018
Love working here overall. Benefits are great but pay lacks a bit. Management seems to be lacking in the areas of teamwork and trust is a huge issue here. If you can keep to yourself and not let others negativity get you down, you’ll do ok here
Benefits
Cons
Pay scale/ management
Incredible place to work
Senior Patient Account Denial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 5, 2018
I loved working there, I miss it. Only reason I left was because of the traveling, two plus hours per day. If working from home would have been an option, I would have stayed.
South County workplace
Diagnostic Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 4, 2018
South County Hospital truly exemplifies the south county spirit. The employees there are the best in their field and take their jobs seriously. The patient care is second to none and the patients feel cared for. The management is both capable and heartfelt.
Great collaboration among workers. Excellent patient care.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIFebruary 15, 2018
My shifts were 7pm -7am on a medical surgical floor. The learning opportunities were endless, as my patient care involved a multitude of various medical needs.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my patient/nurse relationships.
The medical care I provided ranged from wound care, to cancer patients, post op patients as well as Hospice patients.
Pros
Small community hospital, great learning environment
Cons
Schedule/ hours
small community privately owned hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJanuary 28, 2018
Very nice small community hospital which has a large variety of services for being small. Nursing is wonderful and very caring to their patients. Some of the management is dysfunctional.
Pros
small privately owned
Cons
management dysfunctional
very good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIJanuary 25, 2018
South county hospital has a great environment and great people who work there. I would definitely recommend it. The pay is a little low but still fair. I was very sad to leave.
Would recommend for others.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJanuary 19, 2018
SCH is a great place to work. Everyone and helpful and the pace isn't too much to handle. Management is fair and respectful. Everyone works hard to ensure patient satisfaction.
it is a job. no more, no less. it's not a "career" persay. the office manager is awesome personally ,but hands are tied to a point.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RINovember 13, 2017
not enough staff to cover all that needs to be done. and office isn't rushing to fill the positions. it is a job, not a long time career. but is good if that's what you are looking for
Not a good place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloorsOctober 20, 2017
South County Hospital does bot care abouy their employees. They push good wotkers out so they can bring someone in and pay them cheaper. You are just a number to them. God forbid you have a complaint you get blackballes.
Pros
What free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Balanced work environment
CardioPulmonary and Wellness Exercise Technician (Current Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIOctober 9, 2017
All of the employers work together effectively and efficiently to care and keep our patient safe during their time with us. Along with medical terminology, I learned how to properly and effectively communicate with patients and my team. The management at SCH CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation is one of the best. Not only communicates well, but always reaches out to everyone on making decision to make sure they are appropriate. The environment makes anyone feel welcome and safe.
Co-workers and mangement were a pleasure to work with.
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 31, 2017
Work was always busy which I enjoyed. I learned a lot when it came down to working in the operating room and the steps it took to clean and sterilize in central sterile. Management was very easy to work with and worked very close with the staff in the department.
Very productive place. A good place to work!
Surgical technologist (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 24, 2017
The reason I am leaving south County hospital is for relocation opportunity. Small community hospital with very nice people. This hospital is a good place to work overall
average fast food
Dietary Technician (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 19, 2017
a fast paces food company that you meet a lot of different characters at and develop plenty of communication skills with. its a good starter job for anyone trying to build on their career.
Muy bueno y divertido
Rhode Island (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 17, 2017
Mis jefes muy buenos buen compañerismo excelente trabajo las enfermeras los doctores buenas personas los de seguridad y los compañeros
Pros
Privado
Cons
NAda que decir
good community hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 11, 2017
hospital meets all basic needs of community, provides good out patient needs(rehab, cardiac rehab etc) ability to transport critical/trauma patients to appropriate facilities either by ambulance or helocopter
Pros
free meals to all staff on all shifts
Cons
amazing hospital to work for
ICU Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 6, 2017
I absolutely loved my team of housekeepers. everyone was easy to work with and tal;k to. I enjoyed the nurses on my icu floor as well as the patients. job was easy and not too messy.
Great place to work and wonderful people to work with
Operating Room Aide (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 4, 2017
Most days were busy . I learned diffrent ways that diffrent hopitals have certain ways of doing things. Management was supportive and helpful.The hardest part of the job was learning how ro set up certain OR beds fo diffrent procedures.
The most enjoyable part was the patients and talking with them
Pros
Good benefit, good people to work with
Cons
Long commute from where I lived
My job
Electronic Health Record Specialist Educator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 8, 2017
I work primarily in the physician practices driving from office to office to provide direct training and elbow to elbow support.

The most enjoyable part of my job is training as I find that the majority of people learn best when we have actual patients to document on. They have more retention and ask thoughtful questions.

The hardest part of my job is the criticism of the software within the EHR because I am unable to effect change within the system.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Driving from Warwick to Westerly
Great workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MONovember 25, 2016
I enjoy working at the South County Health Center. I have the honor of working with different cultures and learn their medical beliefs.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off, great PTO
Cons
Job security
Good hospital to be a patient... careful what dept you work in
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Narragansett, RINovember 13, 2016
Overall a great hospital for the patients. Strong emphasis on customer service and support. The work culture is not the greatest, many employees who are burnt out, over worked and underpaid always complaining about one thing or another. Managers do whatever they want and play favorites. There is NO union at all and no job security. Pay is low. Work life balance is none existent and dont even think about being sick, you'll get fired for callung out if you are or fired for being late if you think you're doing the right thing by dragging yourself in. Not every department is equal however, and different managers are better than others. Gossping is common place, so is drama and backstabbing. The benefits are amazing though.... if you dont get fired for using them that is....
Pros
Beautiful scenery, small hospital
Cons
Low pay, bad management, no union, no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South County Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

South County Hospital Reviews by Location