South County Hospital Employee Reviews

I love my career as an Obstetrical Nurse
Obstetrics Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIDecember 8, 2018
I loved my job, Highly Proffession Physicians caring, dedication toward their patients, Very good to all their nurses, kind, easy to talk with and get Dr orders. Trust all your very knowlegable coworker RN's to be right @ your side if any ?'s or needed 2nd helping hand.!!
I was hired partime perdium @ South County Hospital Womens Wing . My hours were great @ that time in my life. Sons were becoming teenagers and being divorced enabled me be home after school.

I eventually needed change jobs due to important for me to carry benefits for my family.
Pros
My lifes passion being a OB/GYN nurse.
Cons
Perdium.
Great place to work,deadicated staff
RN out patient cancer center (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIDecember 6, 2018
Small community hospital with an outstanding reputation. Double 5 star rating, #1 in patient. First hospital to offer Macko knee surgery in the US. A new Cancer Center that provides outstanding care without having to travel to Providence or Boston. Located in beautiful South County, minutes fro RI beautiful beaches.
Rhode,Island (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working at the hospital. I have worked with dedicated Nurses and DR.'s. Will discuss at interview. The hardest part is when a baby has been born with difficulty.
Pros
People and patients that you meet on a daily basis
Cons
In my postion short staffed.
Great community hospital
Charge-Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIOctober 22, 2018
Great doctors and great coworkers. Everyone seems to be there for the same reason, to care for the community. The hospital has great values and shows their appreciation for their employees.
Staff nurse and PI Coordinator
Staff nurse to Performance Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIOctober 2, 2018
Worked within a collaborative culture of professionals to provide safe, patient centered care for telemetry and cardiac patients. A typical day involved patient team of 5 - 6 cardiac patients. Most enjoyable was providing education to patients and families
it was ok i learned alot
RN Clinical Leader (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIAugust 17, 2018
i liked working here but i took on the job of 3 or 4 people and was overwhelmed. the doctors were terrific though and i definitely learned a lot. im grateful to have had this job
It was okay
Linen Distributor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIAugust 12, 2018
It is a small hospital. If you work for environmental services it is not the best but the management is great and try their best accommodate everyone.
Great place to work to gain experience in the healthcare field
Dietary Technician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIAugust 11, 2018
South County Hospital treats their employees with respect and kindness. While walking through the halls other employees and professional staff make it a point to say hi or stop and ask your position.
Overall a great place to work
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 11, 2018
Overall a great place to work . Managers are over worked, but almost every employee is pleasant to come into contact with . If i wasn't under contract & had to relocate, I would definitely work there fulltime .
Pros
great food, nice employees
Cons
managers are overworked
Beautiful place- Management lacks skill
ann On amous (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMay 28, 2018
Love working here overall. Benefits are great but pay lacks a bit. Management seems to be lacking in the areas of teamwork and trust is a huge issue here. If you can keep to yourself and not let others negativity get you down, you’ll do ok here
Benefits
Cons
Pay scale/ management
Incredible place to work
Senior Patient Account Denial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 5, 2018
I loved working there, I miss it. Only reason I left was because of the traveling, two plus hours per day. If working from home would have been an option, I would have stayed.
South County workplace
Diagnostic Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIMarch 4, 2018
South County Hospital truly exemplifies the south county spirit. The employees there are the best in their field and take their jobs seriously. The patient care is second to none and the patients feel cared for. The management is both capable and heartfelt.
Great collaboration among workers. Excellent patient care.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIFebruary 15, 2018
My shifts were 7pm -7am on a medical surgical floor. The learning opportunities were endless, as my patient care involved a multitude of various medical needs.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my patient/nurse relationships.
The medical care I provided ranged from wound care, to cancer patients, post op patients as well as Hospice patients.
Pros
Small community hospital, great learning environment
Cons
Schedule/ hours
small community privately owned hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJanuary 28, 2018
Very nice small community hospital which has a large variety of services for being small. Nursing is wonderful and very caring to their patients. Some of the management is dysfunctional.
Pros
small privately owned
Cons
management dysfunctional
very good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIJanuary 25, 2018
South county hospital has a great environment and great people who work there. I would definitely recommend it. The pay is a little low but still fair. I was very sad to leave.
Would recommend for others.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJanuary 19, 2018
SCH is a great place to work. Everyone and helpful and the pace isn't too much to handle. Management is fair and respectful. Everyone works hard to ensure patient satisfaction.
it is a job. no more, no less. it's not a "career" persay. the office manager is awesome personally ,but hands are tied to a point.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RINovember 13, 2017
not enough staff to cover all that needs to be done. and office isn't rushing to fill the positions. it is a job, not a long time career. but is good if that's what you are looking for
Balanced work environment
CardioPulmonary and Wellness Exercise Technician (Current Employee) –  South Kingstown, RIOctober 9, 2017
All of the employers work together effectively and efficiently to care and keep our patient safe during their time with us. Along with medical terminology, I learned how to properly and effectively communicate with patients and my team. The management at SCH CardioPulmonary Rehabilitation is one of the best. Not only communicates well, but always reaches out to everyone on making decision to make sure they are appropriate. The environment makes anyone feel welcome and safe.
Co-workers and mangement were a pleasure to work with.
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJuly 31, 2017
Work was always busy which I enjoyed. I learned a lot when it came down to working in the operating room and the steps it took to clean and sterilize in central sterile. Management was very easy to work with and worked very close with the staff in the department.
Very productive place. A good place to work!
Surgical technologist (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 24, 2017
The reason I am leaving south County hospital is for relocation opportunity. Small community hospital with very nice people. This hospital is a good place to work overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South County Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

South County Hospital Reviews by Location