South Davis Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Don't work here! (Sign on bonus is to reel you in)
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  1st floor, 2nd and 3rd float every other weekend.November 15, 2018
I've been working here for about 6 months and just quit. I loved most of my coworkers and patients. Management is terrible and forget about getting days requested off. They don't allow call-in's and I was forced to come into work when I was throwing up hours before. You have to get a doctors note for everything. Some nurses treat you like scum and the whole hospital smells. Overtime and picking up shifts gave me lots of extra money, but it sucked. The floors are always short so the cna to Patient ratio wasn't good.
I don't recommend you work here. There are plenty of cna cliques and they won't help you if you need an extra hand. People are dropping like flies because it's terrible! They just hired more people and about half quit after their first month. Trust me, unless you have nothing but time for work, don't work here. The bonus is to reel you in. I left cause it was too much.
Pros
Free soda. Flexible at first.
Cons
You'll gain weight (from pop and all the snacks), atmosphere is very negative, managemnet is terrible, forget it if you need a mental day or even just a day.
I hated every second of my job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMarch 26, 2018
This place was awful, no benefits, I was harassed by my boss and coworkers. Nobody made the effort to improve patient life, no one tried to go above and beyond, patient call lights would remain on for hours a time without an answer. I hated working here. The worst job I ever had.
Pros
Night shift was quiet good for studying
Cons
Everything else
Toxic and Hostile
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2018
High turn over rate, constantly short staffed. Poor communication. Laziness. LOTS of drama. Over expected to do more than you can. No team work what's so ever. You can find a different place to work, this place will make you hate being a cna
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Best Job I’ve Had So Far
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant 1st floor (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMarch 4, 2018
I loved this Job. Being a CNA is stressful in general but it is worth it. The coworkers were helpful and made work fun. Management works with you in any way they can. They will make you feel like part of a family, I made really good memories there. I miss this job, the only reason I left is because, well CNAs don’t get paid much for what they do in general, I got offered a higher paying job. But I’ve been thinking of coming back.
Pros
Coworkers, Food, Management
You've Got To Be Kidding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTFebruary 8, 2017
They do a really good job of selling this hospital at an HR level but when you actually get in there it is a whole different story. Some nurses are fantastic. Some are incredibly lazy and some just have an isolation ideology. Residents can abuse staff without hesitation and there is nothing that staff can do about it. The facility prides itself on 2nd and 3rd floor leaving 1st floor with inadequate electrical outlets for the equipment that needs to be used, inadequate and ineffective rooms for residents and many times cold rooms where residents have to be piled with blankets just to keep warm. Nursing staff are snarky and make you feel like you are inadequate to do the job. Not a place anyone should work. Just the worst place ever.
Former Employee: Loved it here!!
SDCH Employee (Former Employee) –  SDCHSeptember 29, 2016
I worked there last year and only had to quit due to moving away. Management and HR went out of their way to treat employees with respect and appreciation. The atmosphere was pleasant and everyone works hard. I loved working here!
Pros
Convenient work schedule, health benefits
Cons
Can't cash in PTO after resignation if you haven't been there for at least 12 months.
I love my job!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  2nd floor LTAC unitJuly 6, 2016
I did my clinicals here and am now an employee. I have only been treated with respect. HR is amazing! They always answer my questions within a timely manner and have a wonderful attitude about it. This is such a great place to work! It's small enough that you have a close knit relationship with Co workers. They also offer awesome benefits!
Pros
Great support from Co workers
Cons
Be careful with HR (human resources) when applying for a job.
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTFebruary 18, 2016
The human resources people tend to drop a whole bunch of required paperwork on you at the last minute, and tell you you have to get it done before you start the next day. Not impressed at all, in fact very disappointed in the company for being treated like this.
Great Company
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 28, 2015
This company is full of great people who provide excellent care. It is a large company that offers a close-knit feel and great benefits- affordable health insurance. Many of the employees have worked with the company for years and there are often opportunities to promote within the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Davis Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

South Davis Community Hospital Reviews by Location