South End Buttery

South End Buttery Employee Reviews

United States8 reviews
Working at the south end buttery was alright it was always fast paced and they had good tips and the work environment is very peaceful but the south end buttery was just a temporary job
Great place to work full of diversity great management and clientele. South end area is always filled with good
Energy. Working all areas in the market cafe and restaurant has been a great experience
I worked here as a host and server. I got let go because of mistakes I made; however, I was properly trained as a server--and I never got the appropriate help I needed from mangers. Since they were constantly on the other side of the building in their office (it is two buildings) if aa party wanted to change an order or something of the sort and you needed a managers code it was often very difficult to keep up when mangers when missing in action. I was very upset to be let go because I was always given the worst section of the restaurant that was hardest to serve and had the least amount of tables each night. I feel I was fired for mistakes I made due to poor management, which was extremely frustrating.
Management would let employees laze around, and would berate them and find some meaningless tasks for them to occupy time clocked in to look good for the owner.
a typical day here consists of self managing tasks given to you by the chef. such as caterings or dinner specials

everyone worked fine together, and hard
I want to start off by saying that my manager was the best part about working here and she no longer works here.

In essence, it was a slow paced job that had the occasional guest come in (maybe three or four an hour, sometimes more during rushes but not many more, rarely did I have more than two guests in the shop at once). A lot of my time was spent cleaning and generally trying to keep busy, adjusting displays and making the place look neat and professional.

The management is just ok. Things are run on a relatively tight budget, and understaffing is the norm.
Pros
Getting to bother the bakers, stealing disfigured cupcakes
Cons
Rude guests, managers giving you menial tasks if you don't look busy enough
South end Buttery is a good place to work. Job security is present. Professionalism from staff. happy well warm greeting at all times. Presentation of food in all areas is noticed at sight. Compliments known to be regular.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Staff turn over
I am good at making latte drinks, I work at a fast pace. I am a fast learner and always up to learn new things. my co-workers are nice, I get along with everyone. there is not that's really hard about this job. my most enjoyable part of my job is being on that expresso machine
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No free food
Ask a question about working or interviewing at South End Buttery. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6