South Hall Veterinary Hospital Employee Reviews

Hostile work place...toxic & soul killing !!!!
Floater (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAMarch 20, 2018
This is an extremely hostile work environment! You will be spoken down to like your less than human. Not only employees but clients as well.....the owner/veterinarian feels superior to all and is quick to remind you of this ! She will destroy your self worth if you allow her to.
Pros
Meeting other employees who were awesome
Cons
The entire experience
May 4, 2018

Some times the toxic person who is the cause of hostility cannot see that they are the problem. Our workplace is SO improved since 2 TOXIC employees are GONE. It's taken almost 2 years to do this-but WE ALL ARE SO HAPPY NOW. Anyone who interviews will quickly see how this clinic is fun and enjoyable to work at with the changes that have been made!!!! MANY CLIENTS ARE ALSO TELLING US HOW MUCH BETTER THINGS ARE WITH OUR EMPLOYEE CHANGES--THEY ARE THRILLED AND FEEL LIKE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT HAS BEEN MADE AT SOUTH HALL VET

Bad Owner
Kennel Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAMay 8, 2016
While the work was nice and the people nicer, the owner was the opposite. She wouldn't allow me to ask any questions to learn anything besides kennel care. After thirty days, she let me go because I was trying to advance from kennel care to vet tech assistant and that was something she was not okay with. She would also yell and talk down to everyone. But helping take care of animals was definitely the best part of the job.
Pros
Animals, hour lunch, good hours.
Cons
Bad Owner
March 8, 2018

When an employee has NO experience they often start in the kennel and work their way up to assisting. Expecting to become an assistant in 30 days is unrealistic. First you show that you can follow directions and handle basic kennel duties--then you move forward if we feel you can handle pets more. Being hired to work in the kennel was not to allow you to shadow the Vet all day long. The decision not to keep you was based mainly on the fact that the techs could not get you to do the kennel work and work up to assisting. Constantly the techs found you following the vet and asking questions. The technicians ultimately decide if a kennel person has the right traits to move on.

Stressful Workplace with bad management
Veterinary Technician and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAFebruary 2, 2016
South Hall Veterinary Hospital is a horrible place to work. Vet that owns the clinic is verbally abusive and does not value employees.
March 8, 2018

Very inconsistent comment since many employees have worked here a long time. We even have employees that moved and then came back to the area and want to work again. Workplace is much better when employees with your type of attitude are gone. We all like to come to work and enjoy the day!

Stressful and not very enjoyable
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAOctober 1, 2015
At first, everything was great and the work wasn't too difficult. After about a week I realized why there was a sudden job opening. The people I worked with were great, but my supervisor was not the best when talking with employees. They had an amazing talent for vet work, but people skills barely existed. I saw about six people within six months just leave the practice without giving a notice.
Pros
Consistant learning
Cons
Stressful, risk of being bitten or scratched
March 8, 2018

Numbers of employees leaving is greatly exaggerated. Clinic only has 6 to 10 employees. Some workers were college grads waiting for jobs and thoroughly expected them to move on.

good workplace, i enjoyed the job duties
Vet tech (Former Employee) –  oakwood gaApril 28, 2013
I assisted the doctor with any and all needs. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the animals which is what i enjoy most. I enjoyed all my co-workers and management. I learned how to handle conflict responsibly and I also learned a lot about many different areas of veterinary medicine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Hall Veterinary Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2