South Middlesex Opportunity Council Employee Reviews

I loved my co teachers and the management too we were like family
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 21, 2019
The hardest part of the job was seeing the children from poor environment family life struggling. It was hard when the middle of the winter some children had no gloves or appropriate jackets to wear. Heartbreaking seeing these children come to the center this way. The most enjoyable part of the day was when a child would come up and hug you tell you they love you. You knew that you were a positive role model for that child.
Great Company, Loves Diversity
Relief Staff / RWA (Ready Willing and Able) (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 21, 2019
SMOC is a non-profit organization that cares about staff and clients. It is a great place to work for. People change between departments and can move up in career fairly easily, as they are dedicated to helping employees find the best fit. Sometimes they have switched someone to a new department as they recognized their skills could be utilized better in that area. SMOC is dedicated to diversity and their clients. They have great values and like to hold events that benefit the community.
The hardest part of the job is to make sure that you do not take home the emotions from the day. Clients are not always pleasant, and sometimes the ones that are have incredibly sad stories. However, if you can distance yourself an appropriate amount from this part, the job can be very rewarding.
Co-workers and staff are very welcoming to new people. Staff are likely to go for food together, always get cake for each other's birthdays, and love to make connections with each other.
Stay away
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 18, 2019
Look elsewhere. Unethical. Unlawful. Unsafe. Over worked. Underpaid. Neglectful. Unsupportive. No training. No accountability. No protocol. No guidance. No rules.
Incredible Place to Work
Purchasing Manager / Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 24, 2018
SMOC is an incredible place to work. My coworkers were wonderful and the mission of the agency was truly to help the clients. I felt that the agency both cares deeply about the clients as well as the employees.

Many people at SMOC are there for life, as it is not just a job, but a career. I highly recommend SMOC if you care about helping others and want to be part of a close-knit community that supports both the clients, as well as fellow employees.
Fine.
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  FraminghamJuly 31, 2018
I am choosing not to proceed with this question. I do not like that Indeed plans on publicly putting this information online. Unfortunately, it appears this is the only way to bypass the system.
caring and compassionate staff in the work place
Serenity House - Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  hopkinton MAJuly 11, 2018
Working in the population was a great opportunity for me to work with. very grateful for the opportunity to be part of something great everyday. the clinical staff were able to work significantly with the clients as well with the other staff on a daily basis to make sure the needs of the clients were met.
Great organization in which to work or volunteer.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 12, 2018
Can't say enough good things about this organization that truly cares a great deal about people. Always looking for ways to make life better for those in need; from children to adults, all in need are welcome. Significant work done toward social justice by this organization.

I am most fortunate to have been a part of their team.
Pros
Focus; accomplishments.
Cons
O.k company to work for.
Staff relief (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 3, 2018
I work for a company that was an entity within South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC) what was called (RWA) Ready Willing And Able. working as a staff relief for a homeless shelter was a really good experience.
Illegal care of disabled and impaired clients
CSPECH Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 23, 2018
As an employee I was asked to ignore neglect to clients, unsafe working conditions for case workers, and violations of client confidentiality within their company.
Very stressful and ever changing environment
Program Advocate (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 3, 2018
I would recommend this job to someone who is able to care for a walks of life. Inept social skills, communication skills, and the ability to work well with clients and other co-workers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Job security
Great introduction job
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 13, 2018
Busy work weeks that keep you on your toes. Collaboration with coworkers in your department and other departments to provide needed services to clients. Do tasks outside of your job description. Inconsistent help from supervisors.
Pros
Freedom during work
Cons
Inconsistent help from managers/supervisors
Mission
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAMarch 7, 2018
My personal mission in life and SMOCs mission for Rhodes House are not compatible. There is no structure, in terms of a collaborative TEAM and there are rats, scabies and no food in the house at this very moment.
Pros
dedicated employees
Cons
stressful
Great services pay was not super.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 26, 2017
Great services for many types of needs. The human service field does not pay particularly well. The Administrative people were quite comfortable but being the front liners did not get the amount of compensatioin equivilent to what it took to get the job done.
Pros
Diversity of workforce.
Cons
Pay, politics of management.
Productive, well rounded and a community pillar
House manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 12, 2017
I loved working with S.M.O.C. my team was great. training were great and very helpful. i learned so much about the at risk homelessness that plagues our community and was in the position to do something about it with the help and grooming of S.M.O.C.
Balance + self care
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 28, 2017
They emphasize self care and balance;
"Everybody Matters" at SMOC and they are welcoming to all groups of people.
Down side is that the pay is not good at all for the stressful work all case workers have.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay, career growth opportunities
Great coworkers
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 28, 2017
I absolutely loved working for SMOC. There was always room for advancement, good pay, fairly decent health insurance, great benefits but my favorite benefit was working with the clients and I was always surrounded by great coworkers.
Customer service for seniors and others with disabilities.
Part Time Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham MA.June 6, 2017
Fast paced. Patience to listen to one's needs. Managers are understanding. Diverse cultures and disabilities. not meeting one's needs. Helping others.
Pros
Earned Compensatory
Cons
Travel very long distance
Productive and great enviorment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MAOctober 6, 2016
great work environment
i learned to take the gapped with the bad, and the bad with the good when it comes to working with people who faces challenges everyday.
My co-workers where very cooperative and helpful
The hardest part of the job was not been able to help enough
the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a client strive and achieve the ultimate goal for them staying sober and clean.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
healthcare
Stay away
Counselor (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 6, 2016
Learned a lot, but was overworked and learned on my own. Worst experience ever had with a company they don't care about employees at all. But in the end I was so stressed out with paperwork. Oh and staff will take what clients say over what staff says snyday. They will force you to quit .
Pros
Experience
Wonderful Experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 27, 2016
Hello Everyone, If you are fortunate enough to get a job with SMOC, you are truly blessed. No finer place to work. Great people, environment, loving, caring, thoroughly invested in your success.
Pros
Great coaching, invested in your success.
Cons
There are no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Middlesex Opportunity Council. Our community is ready to answer.

South Middlesex Opportunity Council Reviews by Job Title