South Nassau Communities Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and eductional environment to advance your career
Licensed Practical Nurse Float Department (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 10, 2018
South Nassau offers a variety of resources to its employees. They offer tuition reiumburement, certification renewal classes, and benefits to their employees.
I started the Dept
Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJune 28, 2018
I started the Audiology program but the hospital did nothing to support it after the initial investment. All of the Otolaryngologists affiliated with the hospital had their own Audiologists.
enjoyed working in a smaller hospital, was able to transition to a new position which i love
Geriatric & Palliative Care Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJune 25, 2018
I became very active at South Nassau, joining various committees, involved in Community Education. The culture here was very different than other Hospitals I have worked at. I enjoyed my role and gained respect from several administrators and managers. I learned a great deal about the particular field I am interested in and I will always be grateful to management and colleagues.
Pros
great cafeteria, great commute, friendly staff
Cons
none that I can think of
Great atmosphere to work
Director of Spiritual Care Services & Education (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work is coming to a great atmosphere and environment.
I learned how to be an effective manager
Management was great
Hardest part was dealing with staff
Best part is flexibility
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMay 27, 2018
Management is very thorough when there are problems brought up. Managers take care of their staff with stressful or overwhelming assignments. Good teamwork
Stressful
Registered Nurse (Bed Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMay 18, 2018
Very fast paced work environment. Many units lack teamwork making it a very stressful work environment. Very high turnover of nurses.Communication is poor.
First hospital job
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYApril 27, 2018
I love being a Nurse so no matter what and where, I love it. SNCH has given me the opportunity to work at a hospital. I enjoyed every day I worked. Staffinf is always a problem but that is everywhere. Its a magnet hospital and they have Clinical Ladder for RN’s which boosts the salary a lot, competing with other hospitals in terms of salary (just have to do extra work). I just wish we have a Pension Plan.
Pros
Small community hospital. Clinical Advancement Program, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Staffing, management, Ego’s
Fast-paced setting with happy employees
Nurse Aide, Nursing Floats (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYApril 12, 2018
I worked as a float nurse aide at SNCH for my senior year of nursing school and had such a great experience there. I was Per-Diem and they were so accomodating to my school schedule. The culture is absolutely wonderful, everybody is so nice and it's a place unlike anywhere else. I've been to many hospitals as a student and SNCH truly has the most positive staff in every single department. The nurses love to teach and are so open. Many of the PCA staff are nursing students so they truly are dedicated to their role. I've truly loved working here.
Great intern experience
student nurse (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 27, 2018
Great intern experience! Hand on NICU experience. Amazing preceptor! The staff treated me like family! Was able to practice and enhance my nursing skills.
Pros
hands on
Cons
no pay for interns
Administrative Secretary, Case Management Dept (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 16, 2018
It was a very busy place to work. I learned how to deal with different situation revolving patient care. The culture was always evolving and trying to be better for patients, visitors and employees. The hardest part was not having enough time in a day to complete the tasks that were given to me. The people I worked with were the most enjoyable part of working.
Pros
Close to home

Want to know more about South Nassau Communities Hospital?

Ask a question
Productive and friendly place to work
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 6, 2018
Productive and friendly place to work, hospital is more of an intimate setting everyone knows one another. Close by to home which is beneficial in commuting.
Poor Management Hire
Senior Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 6, 2018
South Nassau was a great place to work, but there are people in positions that shouldn't be. People were hired based on who you know not what you know.
long ago
LPN FLOAT POOL (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYMarch 1, 2018
I worked at South Nassau a long time ago so I don't know what it is like currently. I was an LPN then, worked as a float. good people to work with. Did mostly med/surg and ortho, very busy
Good inservice training and support.
Occupational Therapist home health care (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Good organization to work for.
Clinical case assistance was readily available for difficult patients as needed.
Home care office staff were extremely helpful and supportive.
Productive , fun , family oriented workplace
CRCST (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 14, 2018
The work atmosphere is respectful and friendly and the safety and wellbeing of the patients are maintained wit the highest standards.
Interacting with my co-workers and getting the job done as a team is the highlight of each day
Pros
Recognition lunch vouchers
Cons
Higher pay
fun place
Oceanside - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Merrick, NYFebruary 13, 2018
I had a good time here , i learned alot of things that i didn't know , i got to go to different units to do different things, i got to follow people around and they explained things to me.
Not Pro nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 11, 2018
Going above and beyond job duties was not recognized and sometimes frowned upon. Many important matters downplayed despite safety of patients as well as employees
Pros
Seasoned RNs (which there weren’t many) in ICU and PACU were team players
Cons
Staff morale was very low
It's a nice place to work however there is no room for advancement.
Medical Coder- Physician (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 3, 2018
The job is nice it is just no room for growth. The most enjoyable part of my job is that nobody is micro managing me. I'm very independent and they let you do your job
Overall Good Place to Work
Psychiatric Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Overall comfortable place to work with competitive wages. They keep you well educated to do your job offering many trainings to take advantage of while getting paid.
good
Switchboard Operator, Communications Department (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJanuary 29, 2018
great place to work close to home. The staff is nice here and you can benefit from the expierence here. Going to school while working here is good, they have tuition reimbursement for full time and part time employees.