SOUTH PLAINS COLLEGE Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Work Study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXMay 12, 2018
This was more of a work study job as a college student. A typical day here was just helping the professor grade. The culture was good. It showed how many people were different, but were able to work together as one.
Diverse population
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXMarch 26, 2018
I spent my time advising and instructing students. I learned how to work with diverse students. The culture was good. Management was variable. The commute was difficult. I enjoyed making a difference in the lives of students.
A very good place to work.
Admission's Clerk South Plains College (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXMarch 7, 2018
A very positive place to work. For the most part all employees were team players. It was a very interesting place to work.
Each day brought a new challenge or opportunity to make impact on student's lives. As an Admissions Clerk, helping student to begin to realize their dream potential of a college education was very rewarding. As an Administrative Assistant, it was very interesting to see the possibilities and opportunities provided by donors in their generous gifts made to scholarship funds.
Pros
Time off for Holidays, company paid insurance for employees.
Cons
low pay scale
Great place to work.
Levelland, Instructor ADN Program (Current Employee) –  Levelland, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Schedules were rotating throughout the week. Monday/Tuesday were office/lecture days. Thursday/Friday are clinical days. Breaks and time off were great. Pleasant place to work and everyone was very helpful. I am leaving because of salary.
Pros
Summer off and Spring Break
Cons
Salary
Great Place to Work
Chairperson (Current Employee) –  Levelland, TXFebruary 26, 2018
South Plains College is a great place to work. The working environment has a family atmosphere where people unite and work together to help students' dreams come true.
great
Instructor/Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Levelland, TXJanuary 12, 2018
typical work days is great teaching students how to paint watching them figure it out. that what i do not everyone can do. management has it problems and my workplace culture is great and the hardiest part of the job is the government paperwork. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the eye of the students in that split secant when they figure it out it is so great.

Bondo Bob
Pros
I get to do what I love painting
Cons
management
Extremely satisfying job in friendly atmosphere
Assistant Professor, Sociology (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXNovember 9, 2017
Extremely satisfying friendly atmosphere with very good perks and supportive administrative staff. Preparation of interesting lectures and fair tests requiring lots of "home-work" on my part. I really enjoyed classroom time with much interaction.
Pros
Opportunity for input re:hours "in-class" time, and to learn everyday from colleagues and students, perks especially reguarding support past retirement. Above all, the freedom to be able to somewhat control my "job".
Cons
Uh - limited parking space??
Great experience
Program specialist assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Everyone their was very professional and considered me as one of their own. They all appreciated my work and acknowledged me very often. The ladies there took time out from there busy schedule to train me. I was also able to study for my classes during work.
Pros
Free lunch
SouthPlains College workforce program
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Did not work at South Plains college. Went thru workforce program to continue education. Took phlebotomy course and wish to pursue this career on top of my NRCMA certification
Pros
opportunity to train
Cons
not applicable
I love working for a hospital the patient care is awesome here
Phlebotomy Eduator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 22, 2017
I love working for the company it is a great place to work at. We do specialize in patient care. Our management is great they provide us with the equipment and nessecities we need.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A lot of patients at one time makes it some times overwhelming but not bad.

Want to know more about SOUTH PLAINS COLLEGE?

Ask a question
Amazing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 5, 2017
working along side with LISD at the ATC was a great experience. everyone is great, everyone works hard and everyone was treated like family. I do wish I could stay with SPC.
Pros
flexible hours
Educational and Positive working environment
Financial Aid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJuly 19, 2017
SPC is an educational and positive employer. The benefits are highly competitive, and the institution supports a balance of work and family life. The school is student focused, and supports its faculty and staff in pursuit of serving their students.
Good place to work at
Head Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJuly 15, 2017
Very good instructors and inexpensive place to get an education. Warm and friendly culture. Sports programs are very competitive. The music department is excellent. The people are very friendly
Pros
Great professors and inexpensive tuition
Cons
Old dorms and not much college life on campus
Great
Science major's biology tutor (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXMay 29, 2017
Working for South Plains College was a great experience. Working with other students around science was always fun. Bosses are extremely nice and always helpful.
Spirited
Testing Specialist & Advisor (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXMay 26, 2017
The people were nice to work with and demonstrated a passion to helping every student. They had strong communication and were always in the know of things going on.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Flat terrain
relaxed atmosphere for learning
Nurse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 3, 2017
SPC is a great community of educators who genuinely want students to succeed. SPC also has a reputation in the community of graduating very competent and caring nurses.
CADD Operator-Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXApril 25, 2017
I was a student and was working part time. I found South Plains College to be a place to enrich your life through education. They will definitely work with your home and work life schedule.
SPC excels
Tenured Associate Professor of Sociology (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJanuary 3, 2017
For the most part, each academic department is run differently depending on the department chair person. Faculty usually have autonomy to manage their classes and workload.
Pros
Excellent family paid health insurance.
Cons
The state of Texas now has considerable influence on funding and therefore assessments.
Work Study Student
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Management was excellent in the department where I worked. Also allowed flexible hours. Co-workers also treated you like family. It was a pleasant atmosphere.
Pros
flexible hours with college classes
Spc
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXAugust 15, 2016
Super relaxed, staff is very helpful, very flexible with work hours. Supervisor was great. if I ever had any questions there was always someone available to answer.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no pay