South Shore Health System Employee Reviews

Feeling an integral part of a team
Case Manager Specialist (CMS) (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 30, 2018
SSH is great in creating an atmosphere of collaboration between all the employees. The work morale is great, staff is professional and motivated, putting the patient in the center and working collaboratively to provide the best outcome for the patient. Managers are always available to assist.
Cons: hard to take time off, heads up of at least 6 months required for a 2-week vacation. Essential personnel so required to be at work at any weather.
Very scary area
Nursing Student, Critical Care Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2018
Very dangerous neighborhood. Be cautious traveling to work. The facility needs updating. Not my ideal place to work. Facility is run down and nurses are tired
Pros
Cons
The neighborhood is dangerous
Great place to work. A lot of staff support.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT LL (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 22, 2018
I love working at shouts shore hospital. I wish I lived closer in order to work full time. Maybe once my kids are older I will work there full time. I really enjoy my work and co-workers. Management is very supportive as well.
Pros
Great Staff support
Cons
30 min breaks.
Nice place to work, great people
Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 14, 2018
I had my first career job at this small hospital, It was an exciting opportunity, I had great hope of finally develop my skills and gain experience. And that what I did. My department was small and respect and knew each other.The work was easy to share and achieve excellence.
Pros
Opportunity to excell
Cons
Not enough cohesion in management
Great place to Work
Phlebotomy/ Laboratory Outreach Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 11, 2018
South Shore has a great culture and is very good about following their mission and goals. They are a very nice organization to work for. Would recommend employment to anyone.
I got a chance to learn different things.
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 5, 2018
The time there gave me a chance to learn different work areas and what to expect if one day applying for a job in the HIM department that it will be stressful and fast paced but the reward is making a difference.
Fast Paced, productive, lively and fun
Business Office Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day consisted of working with the #1 Biller of the department I created a spreadsheet for her so she could go through the spreadsheet and see who she needed to bill for that period or if payments have already come through for the ones previously billed. I had no billing experience but learned rapidly through the creation of the spreadsheet how to bill the different codes and medical terminology is already in my back ground because I was a CNA for 22 years, so it made that part of the job fairly easy. Management was great! I was able to get a lot of hands on in the business office so that I could fill in when someone was absent. The culture of the office was friendly, a lot of camaraderie, very fast paced. The hardest part of the job was playing catch up because I only worked 3 days so my work would pile up from Thursday, and Friday. Monday's was spent catching up so Tues, and Weds, I could be on point with the days work. What I enjoyed most about the job was that I got to learn and do new things which I did not know. ICD 10, Coding, Billing. It was
Pros
Learning and doing different skill sets.
Cons
Condensing 2 days work into one, to getting back on schedule
Fast paced
PATIENT ACCESS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAAugust 27, 2018
it just depends on where you work. in the emergency room it was fast paced and never the same thing. the day goes by extremely quick and never boring.
South Shore Hospital was a fun and caring place t work.
Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Weymouth, MAJuly 23, 2018
I worked on the orthopedic unit at South Shore Hospital. The staff was very caring and compassionate. Well organized and a joy to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the patients progress and eventual discharge.
Productive and Fun place
Certified Nursing Assistant and Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Weymouth, MAJuly 3, 2018
I like to take care my patients ,make them comfortable.They left their home so I try to do everything to make them happy.The staff appreciate your work.I enjoyed working at South Shore Hospital where you learn so much skills.
It is a very busy place to work
Administrate Assistant/ED Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Weymouth, MAJune 27, 2018
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult personalities in a very busy and high stress working environment. I love the people i work with. They make my day better.
Good Experience for Student
Outpatient Pediatric Clinical (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 15, 2018
Enjoyed the culture as a student, facilitated learning experience and overall growth in the field. Rehab department was helpful and worked as a team.
busy but fun
Student Nurse Intern- Medical Surgical II (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 1, 2018
Very busy work day, but great set of coworkers who have no problem showing you around and helping when necessary. Cafe food is really good. Free parking with shuttle.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 30, 2018
south shore hospital is a wonderful place to work. there are more pros than cons. it pays decently and they have great benefits. they go above and beyond to make sure that the patients and employees are treated with dignity and respect. safety is also top priority
Pros
great benefits
Cons
job culture
Nutrition guest rep
Nutrition Guest Representative (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 11, 2018
Love the job! Patient interaction, and alot of physical work. Love my manager. The pay is amazing and the part time hours Are pretty great too. I would defintely apply here
Workplace was very busy
Unit Coordinator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  South Weymouth, MAMay 3, 2018
Loved working there. The employees were very friendly from the first day of work. The comraderies with each other was like a family environment. I would recommend this kind of job environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
Awful
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAApril 30, 2018
working as a unit coordinator was the worst job I have ever had. I was talked down to on multiple occasions when i was just trying to do my job. The pay is absolutely awful for the amount of stress and responsibility that falls on you. the job responsibilities were those of a "receptionist" when on multiple occasions i would be in patient rooms helping them because certain aides wouldn't, or i couldn't find them. I even changed a patients dirty linens because i felt so bad for the patient. I would never work at south shore hospital ever again and would not recommend it. Management was awful and didn't know what we went through every day. None of the nursing aides had phones, so when I would try to find help for a patient locating an aide was next to impossible. It infuriated me because i wished i could just go help the patient but it was "beyond my scope" the poor patients are the reason why you should be in health care, and when you run and hide when they need help is just so disheartening.
benefits
Cons
poor work environment, high stress, lack of support, lazy NA's
poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAApril 24, 2018
I was at SSH for 9 months. I tried to stay for a year but there was minimal teamwork and it was a difficult place to work for that reason. I did learn how to become more independent through this job
Pros
no commute
Cons
no teamwork
Fast paced, room for career advancement/education
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 22, 2018
Fast paced working environment. There is opportunity for career and educational advancement. Management is variable per department. For the most part, it is a supportive environment.
Best part was working with the nursing staff.
Orthopedic Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAFebruary 28, 2018
I really liked working with medical staff at South Shore. Most were very caring toward their patients and tried very hard under very demanding quidelines to provide great healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Shore Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight