South Shore Medical Center Employee Reviews

A busy, growing company
Nursing Supervisor Surgery/Specialties (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAMay 9, 2018
My role at South Shore Med Center changed and grew each year. During my time there, we went through 4 managers in my department. I felt like I was the glue holding it together. We went from a small community health center to a large hospital owned business. My department was the one everyone wanted to work in. We were a family. We took care of each other. The changes in culture, and mission changed too much during my time there. I loved the people I worked with, the patients, physicians, and ancillary staff. The job just became something other than what I wanted. It became hard to be a positive role model after awhile and it was best that I leave.
I would still recommend nurses work there, I would recommend medical care there. It is a great place on the whole to work.
Excellent care is provided to our patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pulmonary departmentMay 6, 2018
The staff is very dedicated to providing safe, professional care. Have some very good coworkers. Have learned a lot in my time at SSMC. I Have grown professionally working at South Shore 1Medical Center
payroll contract job
Payroll Coordinator (Contract Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAApril 2, 2018
it was a contract job.

I paid doctors and nurses and assistant NP.

Close to home but it was being sold to south shore hospital.

Everyone was new there because they are making a lot of new changes and the did not what to hire employees on temp so they did nt have to pay benfits
Lacks Leadership who understands Practice Operations
Director (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAFebruary 14, 2018
Sr Leadership did not engage nor respect the experience, knowledge and abilities of director level staff to support the organization's mission in order to become a successful healthcare organization in a highly competitive market.
Pros
Great front line staff, dedicated and compassionate with patients
Cons
Working environment is stressful and staff is under appreciated.
Productive place to work
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAJanuary 22, 2018
I loved working here as a medical coder. I enjoyed working with staff and doctors to ensure the highest reimbursement for services provided. Everyone was very friendly.
Great
Appointment Scheduler/Operator (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MA 02061January 11, 2018
I Enjoy my job at South Shore Medical Center. I would highly recommend employment at South Shore Medical Center. It is a great location and company to work for.
Mostly supportive staff
Staff Nurse, Urgent Care/Surgical Specialties (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAJanuary 5, 2018
For the most part the staff is supportive, the education is available, I have felt very welcome for the past few years. worked in another capacity for 7 years and recently became a nurse, management is supportive
Pros
close to home, minimal commute time
Cons
unable to get full time postition as a new nurse
Providers are wonderful professions to work with
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MADecember 16, 2017
I have recently been training in phone triage so spend some days on the phone and others as a floor nurse.
Most coworkers are helpful. My manager is wonderful. Committed to teaching and competency.
Hardest part of job is confusion with computer changes and electronic documenting.
I love going to work when ever I get hours. I'm eager to learn and be a competent and confident registered nurse with a BSN,
The patient's are wonderful, you learn alot from them and the providers.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MADecember 8, 2017
I like helping others and teaching healthcare to patients and or family members. I do this by phone or in person and have built some long lasting relationships with families.
The hard part is when I have to cut people off as I do not have the time to spend with them as I have 3 more patients in my phone cue.
I continue to learn more computer skills each week and in my department we share what we learn.
Pros
Nice location, new office building
Cons
You have to work so hard you have no time for breaks.
Clean , safe and comfortable environment
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mineola, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Caring aide professional which provided care senior citizens
Assisting in personal care and day to day chores. I assist in dressing, bathing, feeding, transporting, and vital signs.
Pros
I did a live in on the weekends and the home was quiet, clean and comfortable
Cons
Missing my family during the weekends
great location, excellent benefits, horrible pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAAugust 24, 2017
Best coworkers I have ever worked with. The expectations of a medical assistant here are huge, which is fine. However the pay is horrible. If you are looking for benefits, this is the place to work. If you are looking for a good salary, it won't be found here.
Pros
great benefits, great people, flexible hours
Cons
pay, work load expectations
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 19, 2017
I work with great people and my boss is great. There is only 2 of us in reception so we need to cover each other so that can sometimes make for a long day. The down side is there is no flexibility with my schedule and I don't get home till late. The breaks are short but all of the providers that you work with are great and very help full and very approachable. Its a very small office which isn't for everyone but gives you a chance to know everyone.
Externship
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arverne, NYJune 15, 2017
I was an ex-tern at South Shore Family Medical and it was an encouraging experience. It only lasted a month but I wish it had been longer. I did front desk duties and back office responsibilities.
Well organized healthcare organzation
Manager of Patient Access Services (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAApril 24, 2017
Well organized, highly marketable, valuable staff, compensation was competitive for local area/and or other healthcare organizations. Management teams worked well together to build stronger teams.
Pros
Compensation, time off accurual
Cons
N/a
Office staff
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, MAMarch 14, 2016
Great company to work for. Excellent growth, patient care is outstanding. Lacks good management and training. Hope to see this company outlast the changes to Healthcare.
Referal Coordinator
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAJanuary 22, 2016
• Manage referral workflow of ten internal medicine doctors.
• Assist patients in navigating the healthcare system with timely and friendly communication.
• Continuously strive to perform as a team player and asset to my office.
Excellent company!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAAugust 3, 2015
I worked at this company for almost 3 years and loved everything about it. The reason I left was after having my children, the over an hour drive just wasn't working. But I highly recommend this company for future applicants.
great pay rate
Department Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAApril 14, 2015
I enjoy this job a lot. It is time for me to move on from this job since the company has made many changes including buying a new building. This has been a great benefit to patients but not so much the employees. Many hours cuts and letting go of employees.
Pros
great pay
Going down hill fast
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MaMarch 6, 2015
I used to love working here. But after awhile you realize management does not care about your needs at all. Short staffed in departments and your needs swept under the rug. Then when they are brought up to higher ups your told that management never knew you needed something. Run far far away.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, Constant budget cuts, No one listens
Harrassed
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAJanuary 9, 2015
This WAS a great company, but was harassed and when reported to management and HR, nothing was done, I was told to "Suck it Up or leave." Not the best type of management. Quite a shame.
Cons
Management, favoritism