South Suburban Parks and Recreation Employee Reviews

poor leadership
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 18, 2018
too much work, not enough time, and low pay are hallmarks of management positions. 96% of employees are part-time so no benefits. out of 1500 employees only 200 receive any real benefits.
seasonal tennis desk has alot of down time
tennis desk/seasonal (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 19, 2018
after three summers I want a position that has more stimulation and growth for me.
South Suburban overall is a great place to work. I was not in a position well suited for me.
Great
Site Supervisor/Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly, relaxed, and rewarding. Great workplace culture--I had to leave for various reasons but I wish I could go back to the job and really do miss it.
Great place
Seasonal Trails and Open space (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 12, 2018
What a great place to work. The supervisors are great and they work as a team. All the facilities have a safe and secure feeling. They do a great job with somewhat aging machines.
Great if you love working outdoors
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 29, 2018
I loved working at SSPRD. My crew was small but we did collaborate often with other departments which made working more fun and interesting. The type of work always varied so I didn't become bored of my job and my superior was always willing to get his hands dirty with us.
Pros
the people and working outdoors
Cons
salary
Great work environemnt
South Platte Park Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 8, 2017
i was the first intern that South Platte Park had, so the experience was new for me and my supervisor. It was great because i learned how to use an SLR camera by taking photos of childrens' camp that the organization could use to market their website.
Loved it
Director, Ballet Program (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 2, 2017
My boss was amazing, and took me under her wing to teach me the ropes of the culture of the company. I was paid a fair wage and enjoyed the flexibility to teach the curriculum I wanted.
Very friendly staff and they were on top of everything.
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 23, 2017
Every one was friendly but they made sure you got the job done. The hours were not the best but the benefits made up for it. Overall a good job to have.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I was working the manufacturing line. I made sure the lines didnt get bagged up with bottles. I also drove a forklift. Also i was a package handler.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I really love my job at South Suburban Parks and Recreation.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work is giving my best everyday and greeting customers with a smile on my face. I love the different interaction you get with each and every customer, I know most of them by name and have great relationships with each individual needs. I love that this job is based on fitness and that you get to see the customers progress from when they first started working out. This is a fun environment and healthy work place. I learned a lot about each individual needs and that it's not a once size fits all, you really have to pay attention to what the customers want and give them the best plan that will fit their family's needs. I love the fact that management will work with you and help you advance in your job skills with whatever you decide to learn within the company. I love working will all of my co-workers we are like family here and really take care of each other! The hardest part of my job is knowing that you can't please everyone, but I can keep trying! The most enjoyable part of my job is the constant interaction with the patrons. I love seeing their smiling faces every morning and getting to know them even better!
Pros
Free workout membership
Cons
Can't think of one
Pleasant, Supportive work environment
Avalanche Grill Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 9, 2016
The management is willing to work with ones schedule. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I have to deal with working in a fast- paced work environment that can, at times, be stressful. I have learnt to take responsibility for multiple tasks and to complete each as soon a possible. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress of handling many food orders at a time in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job is the quiet times of the day when all the workers are able to talk for a bit.
Pros
Free meals, flexible schedule
Cons
Late night weekend shifts, stressful environment at times
Front Desk Supervisor on Duty
Front Desk Supervisor on Duty (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 18, 2015
• Interact, Motivate and encourage all patrons.
• Promote, sell and educate passes and other products offered.
• Order products, manage schedule and cash handling skills.
Great Coaching Job
Youth Lacrosse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 14, 2014
Great job if you enjoy working with youth.

Management staff is really easy to get along with.

Very few hours though.
Pros
Amazing Group
Cons
Few hours/Low compensation
Marginal job… had fun but a dead end job
Athletic Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 24, 2014
Typical government job, poor work ethic from management and a lot of standing around.
fun place to work nice people
maintence (Former Employee) –  COApril 2, 2013
I
I'm good at irrigating and weed control and fixing things

really like to take care of the parks around here.
Pros
work outside
Cons
bad weather