South Tacoma Auto Employee Reviews

Family oriented and relaxed
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 28, 2018
Working here was a pleasure. They are a very family oriented company and really try to work with a perfect schedule for you. You have to like working in a team environment and be able to do multiple tasks at one time, which I found to be thrilling.
Pros
Friendly people, family oriented
Cons
Gets so busy sometimes don’t get a break
Great opportunity with a progressive company.
Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 12, 2017
Great place to work. Ownership is very progressive. They are always willing to listen to ideas from any employee. Clean facility, good service department, really good buyers and they really do care about their employees. The truly belive in employees first.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Cons
Some customers unrealistic expectations but that's not a fault of STAS
Loyalty and Family Building
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 11, 2017
This place what can I say it gave me a chance to become a leader. Taught me to help people. Just a positive environment all around. Love this place...
Pros
Being able to make someone smile
Cons
Long hours on Sat no lunch provided on a very busy day
Creative, Collaborative
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 11, 2017
Love the energy,the camaraderie and the creativity. Anyone who has an idea is given the support they need to try their idea out. Depends on the department you are in, but for the most part there is a lot of flexibility in work schedules for work life balance. Also, anyone that wants to, can join the Leadership Development Experience, I enjoy coming to work, it's a fun environment where everyone cares about each other.
Pros
Leadership Development Experience; Being Allowed to Create
Cons
Very busy
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 11, 2017
I love my job at South Tacoma Auto. They really treat their employees with care and the owners are genuinely interested in the people who work here. It's a great place to call home, regardless of how long you choose to stay.
A very reputable awesome place to work.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working here. I learned many things from Lenders and their reps as well as my fellow colleagues. I was part of the management crew and the fellow managers were mostly pleasant. My Coworkers were amazing. Hardest part of the job was the amount of hours you worked as management. I enjoyed the environment, the people and helping people get into vehicles.
Pros
Matching IRA, retirement plans, dental and life benefits. Sort of medical plan
Cons
No Obama medical insurance and the hours worked.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WaApril 11, 2014
A typical day at the office would include handing out flyers, talking with customers, training on knowledge of automobiles and sales.

I learned the mechanics of an automobile. It was a great opportunity to learn some tips and tricks for my own personal and professional use.

The managers did push sales, of course. But as long as you are friendly, there are people out there that are willing to buy a car or two from you.

Cold calling. Occasionally you'll have to call and try to get a customer that you had previously dealt with to come back in. It was challenging, for me, but sometimes worthwhile.

I enjoyed the freedom to go places and meet people outside of the workplace. For example, handing out flyers and showcasing cars in the mall. Those were some of the best days at this job.
Pros
Freedom to leave the office and pursue leads
Cons
Commission based salary
Terrible place to work
Car salesman (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 24, 2013
Work 12-14hrs a day. horrible management co-workers are all sharks
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
Working all day long and 6-7 days a week with no over time horrible benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Tacoma Auto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6