South Texas Dental Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
DA to Front Office to Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 18, 2019
Still enjoy working for the company specially after the new company took over vs the previous ownership from 3 years ago, better compensation and I feel appreciated. Flexible schedule , awesome team culture and a lifetime dental home for our patients. Career advancement opportunities.
Enjoyed working at a office environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 5, 2019
I learned a lot working in south texas dental,my communication through phone got better and my computer skills got better. I also enjoyed working with the people there.
Pros
Med insurance
Cons
I loved working with the Dentist
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
South Texas Dental was a very nice place to work until the change of races became to much to handle. The patients who complain about not understanding what there were saying to them. There bills would sometimes be wrong, due to the insurance companies.
fun work
Dental Assistant/Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2018
This was a fun job to have. I enjoyed the staff we had and there efforts that was recognized by each customer. overall an ok place to work with great leaders.
South Texas Dental
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2018
The environment is nice peaceful
the management is poor they are not organized as it should be
the company is changing theirs been some changes that haven't been for the best i would like to hear more feed back about my improvement and feed back with i haven't receive since new management has change
ok.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXNovember 7, 2018
A good place to start if you don't have the experience a fast-paced environment. Learn about general dentistry and very good place to grow as professional.
Poor Management
Front Office Coordinator/Dental Asst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2018
There’s no job security managers are quick to let you know that you are replaceable.. Many people are leaving the company due to all the changes that are “better” for the company but not thinking about how their employees are being affected.
Great People
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2018
great people - make it fun for the patients - accepts all kinds of insurance - worked for many different location in Dallas and Ft. Worth. Management was fun.
Very poor upper management
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2018
The director of operations for the ortho team changes everything at last minute with no notice. If you don't do just as she says right when she says it your job is on the line. She makes up fake mishaps to write you up for. There is no job security and she is quick to let you know you are replaceable. This director of operations single handidly dismanteled the entire fort worth Ortho team in a matter of months, assistants who had been there for years, since the beginning of South Texas Ortho. It was a very sad thing to watch and work with everyday.
Fun work in the company ..
Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
The company have good Dentist they do pedriatic treatment , Endo treatment, Extraction for wisdom teeth , SRP treatment and education , crown and bridge , denture and composite .
Like working with the company for variety of doctor and procedures ..
Pros
Hours diferent schechule and Saturday
Cons
Have benefits and bonus
Stressful and low productivity
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
The office had low productivity due to horrible patient scheduling and long patient wait times. The staff is underpaid and overworked. There is no organization of patient flow which lead to a stressful workplace.
South Texas dental
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
I gained a lot of knowledge in the dental field. The environment is comfortable but I.T can also become stressful dealing with customers as well as your peers. Overall I enjoyed my years working at South Texas dental. I can still retain and use some of the knowledge that was taught to me during my shifts
Pros
Knowledge of the dental field
Cons
Hours are not flexible
Recived good training while going thru School
Laboratory Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Worked in the Lab room steriize insurments, Prep rooms, process X-Rays, bring patient to the back fill out health information, order materials and send invoice with materials.
good starting place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 19, 2017
At times you can have many patients to see that the same hour, have to be fast paced , Dr are friendly and helpful, the company is production oriented not patient care . Back office need to be able to help the front staff make calls to patients . Company takes their sweet time trying to hire .
Pros
co workers
Cons
late hours, low pay
excellent
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75244December 15, 2017
STD is a good company to working for, not too much pressure, benefit is good too, Dentist play a major role and only focus on patient care. Pay is fair: more production more pay.
productive envoriment
Collections Processor (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXSeptember 29, 2017
A typical day working for South Texas Dental was a very productive day ensuring that you have input all billing work for multiple dental offices. As well as, being able to enjoy your job. Having great management and coworkers makes it so much more easier to enjoy a productive work environment.
orthodontics
Orthodontics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
every nre patient we had to take intro oral pictures and then taking alginate impressions trim them and mount them. how to put the bresses and every month was changing the wire or the braket.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
very productive and fun workplace. I learn to train and work with management. The hardest part of the job is talking to the manager . the most enjoyable part of the job is when they used to take us to company Outings and when they used to buy food for us.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare, management
Another corporation
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2017
There ok jus another corporate offices. There dentist does some good work. Just late hours!! Other then the late hours they are an overall good company.
demanding
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
manager is a really demanding person but at the same time she was fun. Since i was there we had gone to fun places during work hours. She would buy us food and have a 5 minute chat before leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Texas Dental. Our community is ready to answer.