South Texas Dental Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very poor upper management
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2018
The director of operations for the ortho team changes everything at last minute with no notice. If you don't do just as she says right when she says it your job is on the line. She makes up fake mishaps to write you up for. There is no job security and she is quick to let you know you are replaceable. This director of operations single handidly dismanteled the entire fort worth Ortho team in a matter of months, assistants who had been there for years, since the beginning of South Texas Ortho. It was a very sad thing to watch and work with everyday.
Fun work in the company ..
Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
The company have good Dentist they do pedriatic treatment , Endo treatment, Extraction for wisdom teeth , SRP treatment and education , crown and bridge , denture and composite .
Like working with the company for variety of doctor and procedures ..
Pros
Hours diferent schechule and Saturday
Cons
Have benefits and bonus
Stressful and low productivity
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
The office had low productivity due to horrible patient scheduling and long patient wait times. The staff is underpaid and overworked. There is no organization of patient flow which lead to a stressful workplace.
South Texas dental
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
I gained a lot of knowledge in the dental field. The environment is comfortable but I.T can also become stressful dealing with customers as well as your peers. Overall I enjoyed my years working at South Texas dental. I can still retain and use some of the knowledge that was taught to me during my shifts
Pros
Knowledge of the dental field
Cons
Hours are not flexible
Recived good training while going thru School
Laboratory Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Worked in the Lab room steriize insurments, Prep rooms, process X-Rays, bring patient to the back fill out health information, order materials and send invoice with materials.
good starting place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 19, 2017
At times you can have many patients to see that the same hour, have to be fast paced , Dr are friendly and helpful, the company is production oriented not patient care . Back office need to be able to help the front staff make calls to patients . Company takes their sweet time trying to hire .
Pros
co workers
Cons
late hours, low pay
excellent
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75244December 15, 2017
STD is a good company to working for, not too much pressure, benefit is good too, Dentist play a major role and only focus on patient care. Pay is fair: more production more pay.
productive envoriment
Collections Processor (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXSeptember 29, 2017
A typical day working for South Texas Dental was a very productive day ensuring that you have input all billing work for multiple dental offices. As well as, being able to enjoy your job. Having great management and coworkers makes it so much more easier to enjoy a productive work environment.
orthodontics
Orthodontics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
every nre patient we had to take intro oral pictures and then taking alginate impressions trim them and mount them. how to put the bresses and every month was changing the wire or the braket.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2017
very productive and fun workplace. I learn to train and work with management. The hardest part of the job is talking to the manager . the most enjoyable part of the job is when they used to take us to company Outings and when they used to buy food for us.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare, management
Another corporation
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2017
There ok jus another corporate offices. There dentist does some good work. Just late hours!! Other then the late hours they are an overall good company.
demanding
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
manager is a really demanding person but at the same time she was fun. Since i was there we had gone to fun places during work hours. She would buy us food and have a 5 minute chat before leaving.
There was a lot of proactivity
Orthodontist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I would go in from 10am-7-7:30pm
We traveled to Pleasant Grove, Arlington, and Fort Worth
I learned about what the appliance were for like to make more expansion, facemask to help under bites.
Really loved working with my team, there was no gossiping.
The hardest part was when the manager made you do many things at once especially when we were really busy.
Pros
one hour lunches, Doctor would buy staff lunch
Cons
At the begging when i started we could only get 30 minutes lunches, sometimes we only has five minutes to eat.
Fun learning experience
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2017
A great place to learn and get into the office setting . Great for working with patients and helping them out with their health and confidence . I would recommend this place
Pros
Learning
Cons
Pay wage
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
I like customer service and helping people. Got along with everybody. Had fun at the same time good environment and good place.
Too many audits and inventory
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2016
Typical day at work is coming in and making our rounds. I learned that there is always something to do even when there is nothing. Management there is very involved. Co-workers there is a pleasure to have and be around. The hardest part of the day is all the paperwork and audits. The most enjoyable part of the day is lunch.
Pros
Assisting the Doctors
Cons
Having too many patients booked the same day.
fun office to work at
Dental hygiene room assisting (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76010September 20, 2016
This office allowed me to connect with patients and gain experience in the dental field. I was able to practice my chair-side assisting skills
Could be managed better.
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2016
Fast paced environment with lack of management and employees.
Needs to be full staffed and less temporary workers that need training.
Productive and friendly work enviroment
Asst. Manager/Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2016
South Texas Dental is a fast past environment, having to check in patients, verifying insurance, and answering phones. Making sure patients are getting great costumer service and making sure we're meeting the patients needs and expectations.
Pros
Flexiable schedules
Cons
Insurance
Productive Fast Pace work place
RDA (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 28, 2016
South Texas Dental is a fun, productive, fast pace work place with plenty of motivation. You learn a lot and you learn it fast.