South University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
SouthUniversity - horrible company
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 3, 2018
Bad for students and staff. Closed campuses and put so many people out of work. The staff at each campus are great and want the best for their students.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
horrible management
Run
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 1, 2018
The school does not care about their students and only cares about the number. The training is great, but they really make you think it isn't "sales" but it actually is. You are always being monitored. This place is not for the faint of heart and if you want stress, apply.
Pros
training is 2 weeks, one hour lunch
Cons
management, no raises
Pleasure working for South University
Simulation Instructor (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHJuly 26, 2018
It was a pleasure working with the faculty and students. The level of knowledge was outstanding. the friendly of the faculty and their willingness to assist you with your academic growth was wonderful.
Many campus closings.
MATHEMATICS FACULTY (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 23, 2018
The school closing is putting lots of people out of work. Sufficient notice was not given in order to secure another teaching job before the start of a traditional school's fall semester.
Great environment to teach and mentor students.
On-ground Program Chair (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 23, 2018
Students are the focus of my job. I endeavor to assist students to learn the required concepts and apply them in their personal lives and on their jobs.
Pros
Less resticted environment
Cons
Lack of communication
competitive work environment
Associate Registrar (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 21, 2018
My overall experiences at SU are as expected; vary fast paced, competitive, team oriented and very rewarded. There are several training opportunities provided to employees and opportunities for growth.
Cons
Saturday and late shift, blackout vacation dates
Excellent
Family Nurse Practitioner Student (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 20, 2018
My time at South University was amazing. I am very thankful for having the opportunity to learn at a place that encourages skill development. I graduated with a degree that will certainly advance my career
Very Formal and Uptight Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 17, 2018
My direct manager was awesome and one of my favorites over the years.

The campus is a revolving door with employees coming in and out. If you make a mistake or are not a Doctor they do not care about you.

Overall they maintain a "you can be replaced" atmosphere and it is a very difficult place to know what you should and should not do.
financial aid
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2018
I have been here for about a year, I do not feel like I have a home life and I feel like I have to preform the work of other departments. The job is OK, but for me I will be moving on because this is not the work environment for me. It has changed a lot over the past couple of months with new management.
It is a great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 15, 2018
I was a student at South University, and I got a great education. The teachers were demanding but I learned a lot, earned a degree. I learned valuable life skills that I use everyday.
student
student (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2018
I would show up for class. Learn and take quizzes. Then I would get a grade. I would repeat this process until my class was over. Once my class was over I would get a week break and start a new class. The culture was very inviting for the students
Flexible job and warm atmospher
Adjunct Instructor, Business (Current Employee) –  West palm beachJuly 11, 2018
The work requires lots of organizational skill and talent. If you are a structured person and know how yo manage a classroom you should not have a problem working here.
Pros
Warm and friendly colleagues
i have questions about the immediate future
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2018
very little chance for advancement; salary freeze for 2+ years; currently going through major changes due to change in ownership, do not have same feeling of job security.
Pros
interacting with Students, coworkers
Cons
lack of direct communication on future, too many silos
Few opportunities for growth and no power to create change
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2018
The university seems like it might be moving in the right direction under the new ownership. However, change is slow and rare. Success or failure in the admissions positions were numbers based and few admissions reps ever felt true job security.

The pay is among the best in the industry for the position. Admissions reps should be prepared to make a lot of phone calls, working many leads that did not intend to send an inquiry. (lot's of leads simply clicked on a pop-up or felt they needed to complete a survey to move on in a separate application)

The culture is finally starting to become more student-centric, however, which may ultimately push the school in the right direction!

Highly personable people who like to have an impact on the lives of others will do well here.

DO NOT apply here if you are easily frustrated by not having your voice heard by management or if you are easily exhausted by a lot of social interaction. You also need to be competitive and willing to be challenged by difficult, sometimes nearly unreachable, goals.
Pros
Compensation, Unlimited Overtime, Ability to have impact on others
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, no voice, low job security
No comment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 5, 2018
The faculty, staff, and students are awesome. They really make working at the institution worthwhile. I continue to keep in touch with some of the students.
Great staff
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 25, 2018
Everyone was nice and very understanding. They balanced between work, school and personal life. Always had work for us to do and never overwhelmed us with too much.
Good Benefits
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 24, 2018
This job provides employees with very good benefits, insurance, opportunity to attend school at no cost for self and family. Unfortunately The work life balance is not good, and this is a intense, high pressure recruiting environment.
Horrible culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 18, 2018
Awful place to work. Do not consider it, University was great until purchased by Dream Center Los Angeles which is pretend non profit Cult. Company hides behind non profit status to drive profits and avoid paying taxes, They do not value employees or students, Communication is non existent, You will feel dirty if you work here,
Horrible place to work
Excellent higher learning institution.
VB, VA Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2018
Instructors are sharp and experienced. Personal and helping atmosphere. Excellent hospital relationships. Instructors work hard to give as many experiences both in the lab and the clinical area.
Great transition job or permanent job
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 15, 2018
It is a consistent schedule with pretty reasonable standards. I recommend this job for someone transitioning with careers or who needs a stable paying job with benefits.