South Washington County Schools Employee Reviews

Overview
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Typical day is your normal day to day cleaning and maintenance of the school building , i learned a lot about chemicals and cleaning procedures, we have multiple levels of management to night leads day foreman facilities supervisor assistant director and director as well as the schools principal with my experience where i am i have had great experiences with the management all but 1 who has made this job very difficult. the hardest part of this job is when there are events to set up and take down and try to complete your normal tasks for the night.
temporary job
Track Timer (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJune 13, 2017
Not much to say about this job other than it was an ok job but is was only seasonal for school track meets. Typical work was to help set up and tear down track equipment and to time the runners.
Great Place to Work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJune 3, 2017
I loved working for South Washington County Schools. They treat their employees well and offer excellent benefits. I worked in the Kitchen as a manager and our Director and staff did an awesome job at making our job fun and enjoyable without micromanaging.
poorly managed
HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNApril 7, 2017
The management I worked under was extreamly unqualified. They had no clue on how to run a maintenance program. This made for a difficult environment to work in. Benefits were good. lastly all management I worked under are gone, so it might be a good place to work now??
Pros
hours, benefits
Cons
management
rich kids out of control at East Ridge
sub teacher (Former Employee) –  East Ridge High SchoolAugust 10, 2015
No accountability. Rich kids video tape teachers, post online, and make fun of them.

Flash mobs in the middle of the academic day? Why yes, because the kids are running the school
Pros
Cons
unhelpful, grumpy teachers, horrible admin, rich, spoiled kids who feel they are entitled to do whatever they want
Poor Administration
Teacher (Former Employee) –  TeachingSeptember 20, 2013
My day to day co-workers were fabulous! Administrators were not focused on coaching and the growth of the district's teachers, but rather bullied excellent teachers right out the door.
Pros
co-workers, office assistants were supportive
Cons
non-supportive, bullying administrators
Great School District
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNApril 22, 2012
I enjoy working for the school district. Working with children is a rewarding career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Washington County Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight