Southampton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I love to cook and i love what I do
Cook (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAAugust 23, 2017
A typical day at work was cooking and preparing food for the patients and sitting the tray line,also cooking for cafeteria. I learn how to not waste food by cooking to much. Management was Awesome work culture was outstanding. The most enjoyable part of my job was team work with my coworkers
Manager ER & ICU , Corporation buy out, changed atmosphere of working place
Director, Critical Care Services (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAAugust 18, 2017
wonderful place to work for years as staff nurse, Nursing Supervisor, & as Manager until buy out . Things changed drastically. Staff unhappy refusing to do what corporation required because of fear of loosing their license. Managers being replaced one by one , I decided it was time for me to move on to new position
Pros
Great place to work for years
Cons
Things changed when buy out occurred
Nurse Technician/ LPN/ Charge (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 26, 2017
Began working within hospital directly out of nursing school. Learned so much, great supervisors, team work, and made some lasting friends.Small community based facility. A lot of employee training to increase skill.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Placed On Call when census low
Pretty
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 18, 2017
It's enjoyable to meet different people . We had parties with fun games to play.gift card free meals some things . Overall it was a loveable place to.
A fun working place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJune 11, 2017
when I work there it was a very good company to work for, all the workers work together. I was looking forward to go to work the next day. I got to meet new people every day.
Pros
work hours
Cons
not enough money
Nice place to work
MT CHEMISTRY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VirginiaMarch 10, 2017
I worked there as a intern student. It was really nice. The staff is very helpful and are very very knowledgeable in the field. Awesome place to start learning as a new grad and getting your feet wet in your new field of study.
Pros
Techs are much older and know there stuff.
Cons
low economical area
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work here is answering phones, checking patients in and out, scheduling, and giving the best customer service possible. The workplace culture is always enjoyable. The hardest part of this just was having to give a patient bad news and the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with all different types of patients.
Family like environment but a few flaws
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin VAFebruary 4, 2017
Staff are friendly and great to work with. Culture of hospital and company has changed to the point of concern for patient safety at times. Rural, so resources are limited
Pros
Family like environment with friendly physicians too
Cons
Lack of resources, financial takes priority over care at times
LPN & RN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJanuary 29, 2017
This is a good place to work; if you are in college. Afterwards broaden your horizons and find elsewhere. I worked there for a year at EP, the nursing home, and was misled from the beginning.
Cannot make your hours
PCT (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAJanuary 1, 2017
Hospital is census based and if there are not a lot of patients, you will not be able to make your hours. A lot of favortism.
Pros
convient
Cons
on call a lot.
Great place to work.
Medical Lab Tech (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VANovember 10, 2016
Best part of job you are able to work in all departments of the laboratory. Laboratory works as a team. Plenty of time to become trained well.
Meh
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Doesn't really pay attention to employees, just protocols and fake patient satisfaction. It's not the worst place, but they focus on the wrong stuff. No room for growth either. No bonuses or acknowledgement for its employees.
Great day of providing patients with meals daily.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work would require clocking in, washing hands effectively, and preparing your station. You learned to prepare food stations and clean the stations after finishing a fast-paced tray line to get meals to customers in a timely manner.
I truly miss my co-workers and the patients in this small community hospital. This community truly needs it but not how it is currently being run.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VANovember 5, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical work day here. Your responsibilities and expectations continually change and are extremely situational. Non-supportive management and corrupt Administration. Could be an excellent place to work if a couple of power positions were finally replaced by impartial, honest, and people with the upmost integrity.
Pros
Loved my fellow colleages and the close community we cared for.
Cons
Hardly got a break, understaffed for the workload you are resonsiblr for, Administration is corrupt.
Great place to grow
Medical records (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 9, 2015
I volunteer at Southampton Memorial Hospital. I work at the information desk and also in medical records. It's an awesome place to work!
Pros
Great people to be around, good learning experience
Working the ER Admissions
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAJune 9, 2015
Enjoy working with my co-workers and learning from them. Everyday is different working in an Emergency Room you never know what is coming in the hospital at any time. I enjoy helping and being around people and helping them any way I can. You have people come in and really need someone to speak to and find out information and when you are able to do that it makes you very great inside. Being respectable and polite can go along way with someone that needs it. Seeing people leaving and coming by the desk and saying Thank you for your help and everything you did.
Pros
Helping people and making a difference.
Cons
The main thing about management it is not consistence, there are favorites in the favorites in the department and treated differently from everyone, I do not agree with that everyone should be treated equally
Good working environment, lousy pay
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  FRANKLIN, VAMay 13, 2015
I love my job here, except for the pay. I feel like after 20 years in the same position, I should be making more than someone just coming in. I have currently moved to nc and am looking for something closer.
Pros
Good co-workers, Enjoy my job
Cons
Lousy pay rate, Commute time to work
Taking care of people was a blessing
Cook (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAMay 1, 2015
A typical day at Southampton Memorial Hospital was a great day. I was a cook and a dish-washer. I learned different types of foods and also learned more about cooking. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management. Most of all my co-workers was older so they knew a lot about the hospital and cooking so I was all in on learning new things. The hardest part was moving fast. The most enjoyable part was making someone smile.
Work to the bone for no chance of promotion or raise. Will only go far if you are any relation to someone in administration.
Admission Registrar (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 18, 2014
You will only go far with them if you are of some relation to someone in the establishment. I worked 126hrs. in two weeks only to be meet with belittlement from upper management. Not family friendly if your child or loved ones get sick they do not care and will write you up for calling out. Most terrible work experience ever.
Pros
Give you uniform for free
Cons
All the above
Great place
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  CT DepartmentJuly 11, 2014
I worked in the CT department and enjoyed working with the staff. It was a great place to learn. I enjoyed with working with the patients the as well. I lived rather close to this hospital and it made it very easy to get too.