Southcentral Foundation Employee Reviews

a great place to advance at an entry level job, fun place to work
CASE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 16, 2018
nice place to work , fast paced, scheduling appointments daily, worked one on one with case manager, and fellow peers, management was understanding, culture was open and friendly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
productive work environment with excelent leadership
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Wasilla, AKJuly 3, 2018
An amazing place to work. Love working with the native community to better Native health and Wellness. I've learned time management and punctuality with this company.
Working with productive and fun people
RAISE Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 24, 2018
There were different groups in the Internship

Every group did something different, like community work, summer school, college and careers, etc.

For me there wasn't any hard part of the job at all

The enjoyable part was being with people who were fun to work with, and at the end all the groups went on a camping trip
Pros
Hour long breaks
Fast paced
Administrative support 3 (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 19, 2018
Southcentral Foundation is a great place to work. Lots of room for growth. Friendly environment and awesome co workers. Southcentral makes sure to take care of their workers.
Pros
Lots of food
Southcentral Foundation best company to work for
Program Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 8, 2018
My time at SCF was blessed. There is a lot of career advancement, they value the employees as much as their customers. The benefits are amazing! I also love that they believe in work life balance and are extremely flexible with their employees.
Pros
Pto, SCF values their employees
Cons
Pay could be better
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 27, 2018
Great coworkers, smart work in the right department, fair pay & benefits. Able to transfer between departments if you want to try working in a different environment.
Vaired tasks with a lot of interpersonal interactions
Administrative support III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 24, 2018
A lot of different research studies to work on with various amounts of data to collect and enter. Some promotional skills required to draw in people to participate in research studies. Management was great and worked with employees for advancement. There could have been more assessment of skills and abilities of the administrative staff in what jobs they could work.
Pros
Interesting work, comination of slow and fast paced work
Cons
a little uncertainty of what administrative staff can do in the research department
Good for first job or out of college.
Admin Support III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 23, 2018
I worked in the Dental offices at one time and it was basically 4/10s and you got 3 days off . That worked for a little while . I came back to work in the most busiest clinic in the hospital . I learned a lot and they had resources to teach you skills . The management seems very political and sometimes when I needed help , the outcome could have been better .
It was nice working at Southcentral Foundation
Academic Achievement Program (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 18, 2018
The days were easy going. I learned how to plan for upcoming events, and attended required classes for the majority of the season. Management was pretty relaxed wasn't to stressful
Honest day for unfair pay
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 16, 2018
Don't get me wrong the work was honest but working at Southcentral Foundation was such a real drag. The work was like slavery work and they don't pay you so much as well.
I worked in an unsupportive, negative, and highly toxic environment.
Case Manager Support (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 28, 2018
After my training because of my high score, I was able to pick which department I wanted to work. I chose Primary Care 2E because of the supervisor. She is a lovely, kind, and supportive individual. I enjoyed working for her. However, she left the department and another woman took her position. I did not have favor with the new supervisor. At the same time, I received a new manager. The past manager was tough but he was fair. The new manager was not a good manager. In fact, a highly favored physician left SCF to work for Providence because the providers were not respected. This physician had worked for SCF for twenty years. I worked for her temporarily and concluded that she was one of the finest doctors that SCF had. Years later, she offered me a position working for her as a caregiver.

I understand that my experience working for SCF is not typical. I feel that I had a run of bad luck.
Pros
Cons
I absolutely hated coming to work each day because of the toxic environment.
It's awesome
Administrative Support III (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 19, 2018
I love it at SCF. The culture is welcoming, the opportunities are endless. They love promoting from within. This is absolutely an excellent place to work.
Pros
Pto, 401k, Health insurance
Cons
Some people can be toxic
productive and easy going
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 12, 2018
I liked how my co-workers were easy going and nice and it feels like a comfortable place to work, others are nice, and helpful when needed and makes you feel welcome
Always improving.
Employee Scholarship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 20, 2018
SCF is a great place to grow personally an professionaly if you allow yourself to be open to the culture of the MIssion and vision. Very fast p[aced and in a healthy constant state of change
Great
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 16, 2018
This company is absolutely amazing. They are family oriented, so they are very good to their employees as well as customers. Their benefits are awesome as well.
Nice Place to work
PT Acct Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 17, 2018
Great People very busy loved the hours, the enviornment was a great place to work at. very fast paced place to work. Enjoyed the my job duties and the hours very flexible.
Busy but nice place to work in
Administrative Support and Case Management Support (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 26, 2017
I'm usually a quiet person but had to openly communicate with customer owners, work employee's, including the supervisor or manager. Some day's were slow but eventually got very busy as the day progressed (mostly busy). I got stressed at times and my supervisor and manager was very understanding in letting me take time off. I guess dealing with costumer owner's who were demanding was most hard on me, but it also had its rewards that they were happy to have their needs met. I thoroughly enjoyed employee potlucks, holiday's off, and enjoying my team employee's within my department. I tried to be neutral but am a kind person to work with.
Pros
Free coffee cards, and snacks, or pizza!
Cons
Having to do double duty covering another coworker.
Fabulous Employer
Administrative Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 13, 2017
Working to support the native community to achieve wellness is our Mission. Everyday I learned something new. I wish SCF had an office located in Arizona I could transfer to.
Pros
Wellness Leave, 10 hours of personal leave per pay period after 6 years of employment.
Nice place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 17, 2017
Worked in behavior health - nice place to work; staff worked as team most of the time to provide the best possible care to clients; company is strong native preference - if you are not a native, there is little to no room for advancement.
Fun working program
RAISE Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 17, 2017
This job was only a temporary summer job. They chose our locations to work, they paid while I was in summer school then had us go to their property grounds and work for a couple hours.
Pros
Paid us during summer school
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcentral Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3