Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I only left due to moving to RI
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 15, 2018
I only left southcoast due to moving to RI. If I had not moved I would be there since 1980 at this time almost 40 years. I actually tried a lateral move to Charleton Memorial but could not do the traveling
Pros
good benefits
Cons
distance after moving
Enjoyable,fulfilling work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 5, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with and cared for. I worked in home care and was able to treat many types of people with different diagnosis.
Pros
Able to help others
Cons
No lunch breaks, Pressure to visit 6-8 patients in an 8 hour day without consideration for travel time.
Great People to work with
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 5, 2018
I worked the night shift in the ED, and I was able to work with a great group of Doctor's, Nurse's, other night employees who made going to work a wonderful thing.
Nights and an Emergency Room are hard to work, but when you have a great team of people who help each other, it makes a big difference.
Coast
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 30, 2018
Busy, fun, and fun of energy throughout the practice.
Huge practice and constantly busy.
The constant flow allows your day to go by faster.
Great staff.
Southcost health
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 9, 2018
I really enjoyed the Dr I worked for. He made the experience worth working. I saw about 25-30 patients a day. I was the only lab tech and it was a very nice environment , fast paced which I enjoyed. The hardest part was leaving
Worked as an LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2018
Great place to work! LIke a little family. There was always plenty of help when you needed it and every one pulled together to meet the requirements of the day. There was also plenty of food because the representatives from other companyw came to provide educations and drugs and they always brought lunch.
Pros
Great environment, friendly, helpful
Work Hours are long
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAApril 15, 2018
Work Hours are long, pay is limited for performance raises to limited 1-3% percent. Our 5 person department worked 2 people short so there was a lot of stress to complete work
job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 26, 2018
It's a faced paced environment .You get to meet different people everyday with different attitudes .You also get to meet great patients.They have a wide range of offices .
we worked as a productive team
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New BedfordMarch 12, 2018
We treated our coworkers and patients with respect. We always made it a friendly environment for each other and tried to reduce stress when the occasion ariseed
Lots of MD support
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 2, 2018
This urgent care/ primary care is a good environment for learning with good MD support. Great to have radiology capabilities onsite. Enjoyed working with other mid level providers
I worked with kids and it has been the best job I have ever had!
Patient Service Representative/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Southcoast is a large medical group of several medical specialties. I work in pediatrics. It gets stressful at times but when you have a wonderful supervisor it makes all of the difference!!
Pros
Great supervisors, competitive pay, room for advancement.
Cons
Terrible health insurance for being a medical facility.
A great place to work
Regional Director of Operations Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Southcoast. There was a special comradery with the other directors. I enjoyed my relationship with the Medical Director and the practice operations staff.
Pros
Collaboration and comradery
Cons
Being laid off
Enjoy working there benefits have changed
Environmental Services-Housekeeper 1 (Current Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoy my job very much.I am concerned with the benefits as they have decreased substantially over the few years I have been there. I think this is a good place to begin a career, but dependent on what area you work in will determine how long of a career you can have with Southcoast Health.
Pros
direct supervisor is excellent
Cons
fewer/lesser benefits
Productive place to work
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 7, 2018
I have been with Southcoast for a long time. I have learned so many different trades within those years. It can be a fun place to work and gives the opportunity to balance all the work that needs to be done. My current manager is wonderful. She is very flexible when it comes to her employee. The company is great place to build a career if interested in health care.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Short breaks
Southcoast
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAFebruary 2, 2018
Love my coworkers, management is decent. Pay is low comparable to Boston, other hospitals in area. Great starting point in nursing career, great stepping stone for other opportunity later.
Poor Management
clerical staff (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Poor management skills, constant turn around. Never room for advancement. No respect for employees. No empathy for families. All about money and money.
I loved my fellow nurses
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 25, 2018
I worked on a very fast paced, high patient turnover floor. The staff, including secretaries, aids, and nurses were fantastic. Overall, we worked well together.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
It is hospital nursing, so it has its issues.
temp job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA 02719January 11, 2018
great place to work. Learned a lot. Employee's were always willing to help. Learned all different area's of the AP department from the time you receive an invoice to be paid, to the time it actually gets paid
Southcoast Hospital Group in reference to only!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlton Memorial HospitalJanuary 2, 2018
I would definitely say due to my own experience it is a great place to work with the advancement to learn and grow!
On the down side is being short staffed like anywhere else.
Varied opportunities available and great benefits
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 7, 2017
Secure positions available for those that don't mind working hard. Alot of variety available for shifts and career advancement. Great benefits and time off.
Pros
Time off, benefits, variety of available positions and advancement.
Cons
I don't have any cons regarding my employer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss