Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

very much like high school
Medical Assistant - Externship, South University (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 28, 2018
Being an intern means in this case that I was assumed to know nothing. The management openly corrected me in front of a patient, very unprofessional. There are different specialties housed at this campus and although a majority of the nurses were helpful, there was a sense of being an outsider if you were not part of a specific group of coworkers. I did enjoy the opportunity to meet and be a part of different specialties and did learn a great deal but the overall environment felt cold and unwelcoming.
Pros
exposure to many different specialities
Cons
hostile environment from management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 17, 2018
I had a bad experience with South Coast towards the end. the management staff is not for their employees they are for self. Once you are employed there and decided to go back to school the practice manager rather you resign than work PRN.
Pros
different environment
Cons
bad management
Management tries to work with work schedules for nurses who are mom's.
Rapid Response Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA 02745September 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working at St Lukes Hospital. I had a lot of autonomy.
The staff is very hard working. It is a positive enviroment.
I would return to the Southcoast Health System.
Pros
Doing what I loved to do.
Cons
None.
Nice place to work
Switchboard Operator/Medical Answering Service (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 6, 2018
Fast paced, very busy. Friendly people.Able to transfer within the system. Benefits, sick time and holiday time paid. Credit Unions on site. Matched 401k.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Very busy
great place to do internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 3, 2018
I love doing my internship here. the workers were nice and very helpful to me. anything I needed help with they were willing to help me. it was a friendly place to work.
Pros
one on one interaction
Cons
no cons
Work place
PRN Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 6, 2018
Travelled a lot with this job. PRN (as needed) paint really what I wanted nor what I was looking for but it worked for awhile. I enjoyed being in a medical office and enjoy working to better people.
Home Care Liaison
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 28, 2018
worked with Case manager regarding pt's discharge plan,set up VNA services,order DME ie: wheelchairs,walker,hospital bed,Hoyer lift,Oxygen & tube feeding/supplies.Document in EPIC.Met with some obstacles in getting DME ordered.Getting patients home safely with everything they needed to be safe at home and hopefully not have to return to hospital,unless absolutely necessary.
Pros
worked with a great group of people
Cons
difficulty with ins.providers, DME providers not delivering equip.when needed, not all but a couple
Good place to work. Great co workers
Perioperative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAJuly 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Southcoast especially in perioperative services. I learned a lot from previous employees and in turn did preceptor new staff members
Like many similar jobs I would imagine, work/life balance is difficult.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MAJuly 26, 2018
Ability to work independently but work/life balance is difficult in this position (however, more likely due to position than the company). Staff is great to work with.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lack of breaks, job stress, work/life balance
great coworkers, not a great company
Food and Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 20, 2018
I loved the people I worked with but the company has frequent raise freezes, few benefits and borderline illegal overtime policies (One girl was told that if she missed work to be with her dangerously sick family member that she would have to make up her used sick time by doing a double shift.) Employees of all departments are frequently denied vacation time due to constant under staffing. One of the three bosses is very helpful and caring but the other two only care about having a body there to cover a shift even if the person is not trained. Southcoast claims it needs more budget cuts when in reality the budget report has a surplus. It is a great quick job to make a lot of money fast but I would not recommend it long term for mental health.
Pros
almost guaranteed hours, good pay
Cons
little to no benefits, management is manipulative, little home/family time
Great Care
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 16, 2018
Great nursing care. Management needs some work. Work in busy ER. Not big enough to handle the volume and new construction keeps being put off. Nurses work well as a team.
People are great, compensation could be better
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAJuly 11, 2018
Southcoast Health is one of the largest employers in the region, but compensation is pretty poor. Benefits are good, but employees have to wait 2 years before company match to 403B contributions.
Pros
people-oriented
Cons
compensation, company match to 403B after 2 yrs
Great place to work, with great staff
Diet Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 6, 2018
You work with a partner, most of your coworkers are willing to help you, and the hours are flexible around your school schedule. As a diet office specialist, you have seven dollars a day of paid for food.
Ok
Medical Coder / Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAJune 15, 2018
working in the office was enjoyable, when the billing had to move to Fairhaven Ma the billing department was not stable. Lots of lay off and needed a stable place of employment
I only left due to moving to RI
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 15, 2018
I only left southcoast due to moving to RI. If I had not moved I would be there since 1980 at this time almost 40 years. I actually tried a lateral move to Charleton Memorial but could not do the traveling
Pros
good benefits
Cons
distance after moving
Enjoyable,fulfilling work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 5, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with and cared for. I worked in home care and was able to treat many types of people with different diagnosis.
Pros
Able to help others
Cons
No lunch breaks, Pressure to visit 6-8 patients in an 8 hour day without consideration for travel time.
Great People to work with
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 5, 2018
I worked the night shift in the ED, and I was able to work with a great group of Doctor's, Nurse's, other night employees who made going to work a wonderful thing.
Nights and an Emergency Room are hard to work, but when you have a great team of people who help each other, it makes a big difference.
Coast
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 30, 2018
Busy, fun, and fun of energy throughout the practice.
Huge practice and constantly busy.
The constant flow allows your day to go by faster.
Great staff.
Southcost health
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 9, 2018
I really enjoyed the Dr I worked for. He made the experience worth working. I saw about 25-30 patients a day. I was the only lab tech and it was a very nice environment , fast paced which I enjoyed. The hardest part was leaving
Worked as an LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2018
Great place to work! LIke a little family. There was always plenty of help when you needed it and every one pulled together to meet the requirements of the day. There was also plenty of food because the representatives from other companyw came to provide educations and drugs and they always brought lunch.
Pros
Great environment, friendly, helpful
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss