Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

Work place
PRN Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 6, 2018
Travelled a lot with this job. PRN (as needed) paint really what I wanted nor what I was looking for but it worked for awhile. I enjoyed being in a medical office and enjoy working to better people.
Good place to work. Great co workers
Perioperative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAJuly 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Southcoast especially in perioperative services. I learned a lot from previous employees and in turn did preceptor new staff members
Like many similar jobs I would imagine, work/life balance is difficult.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MAJuly 26, 2018
Ability to work independently but work/life balance is difficult in this position (however, more likely due to position than the company). Staff is great to work with.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lack of breaks, job stress, work/life balance
great coworkers, not a great company
Food and Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 20, 2018
I loved the people I worked with but the company has frequent raise freezes, few benefits and borderline illegal overtime policies (One girl was told that if she missed work to be with her dangerously sick family member that she would have to make up her used sick time by doing a double shift.) Employees of all departments are frequently denied vacation time due to constant under staffing. One of the three bosses is very helpful and caring but the other two only care about having a body there to cover a shift even if the person is not trained. Southcoast claims it needs more budget cuts when in reality the budget report has a surplus. It is a great quick job to make a lot of money fast but I would not recommend it long term for mental health.
Pros
almost guaranteed hours, good pay
Cons
little to no benefits, management is manipulative, little home/family time
Great Care
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 16, 2018
Great nursing care. Management needs some work. Work in busy ER. Not big enough to handle the volume and new construction keeps being put off. Nurses work well as a team.
People are great, compensation could be better
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAJuly 11, 2018
Southcoast Health is one of the largest employers in the region, but compensation is pretty poor. Benefits are good, but employees have to wait 2 years before company match to 403B contributions.
Pros
people-oriented
Cons
compensation, company match to 403B after 2 yrs
Great place to work, with great staff
Diet Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 6, 2018
You work with a partner, most of your coworkers are willing to help you, and the hours are flexible around your school schedule. As a diet office specialist, you have seven dollars a day of paid for food.
Ok
Medical Coder / Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAJune 15, 2018
working in the office was enjoyable, when the billing had to move to Fairhaven Ma the billing department was not stable. Lots of lay off and needed a stable place of employment
I only left due to moving to RI
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 15, 2018
I only left southcoast due to moving to RI. If I had not moved I would be there since 1980 at this time almost 40 years. I actually tried a lateral move to Charleton Memorial but could not do the traveling
Pros
good benefits
Cons
distance after moving
Enjoyable,fulfilling work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 5, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with and cared for. I worked in home care and was able to treat many types of people with different diagnosis.
Pros
Able to help others
Cons
No lunch breaks, Pressure to visit 6-8 patients in an 8 hour day without consideration for travel time.
Great People to work with
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 5, 2018
I worked the night shift in the ED, and I was able to work with a great group of Doctor's, Nurse's, other night employees who made going to work a wonderful thing.
Nights and an Emergency Room are hard to work, but when you have a great team of people who help each other, it makes a big difference.
Coast
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 30, 2018
Busy, fun, and fun of energy throughout the practice.
Huge practice and constantly busy.
The constant flow allows your day to go by faster.
Great staff.
Southcost health
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 9, 2018
I really enjoyed the Dr I worked for. He made the experience worth working. I saw about 25-30 patients a day. I was the only lab tech and it was a very nice environment , fast paced which I enjoyed. The hardest part was leaving
Worked as an LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2018
Great place to work! LIke a little family. There was always plenty of help when you needed it and every one pulled together to meet the requirements of the day. There was also plenty of food because the representatives from other companyw came to provide educations and drugs and they always brought lunch.
Pros
Great environment, friendly, helpful
Work Hours are long
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAApril 15, 2018
Work Hours are long, pay is limited for performance raises to limited 1-3% percent. Our 5 person department worked 2 people short so there was a lot of stress to complete work
job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 26, 2018
It's a faced paced environment .You get to meet different people everyday with different attitudes .You also get to meet great patients.They have a wide range of offices .
we worked as a productive team
Certified Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New BedfordMarch 12, 2018
We treated our coworkers and patients with respect. We always made it a friendly environment for each other and tried to reduce stress when the occasion ariseed
Lots of MD support
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMarch 2, 2018
This urgent care/ primary care is a good environment for learning with good MD support. Great to have radiology capabilities onsite. Enjoyed working with other mid level providers
I worked with kids and it has been the best job I have ever had!
Patient Service Representative/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Southcoast is a large medical group of several medical specialties. I work in pediatrics. It gets stressful at times but when you have a wonderful supervisor it makes all of the difference!!
Pros
Great supervisors, competitive pay, room for advancement.
Cons
Terrible health insurance for being a medical facility.
A great place to work
Regional Director of Operations Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Southcoast. There was a special comradery with the other directors. I enjoyed my relationship with the Medical Director and the practice operations staff.
Pros
Collaboration and comradery
Cons
Being laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight