SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium

SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium Employee Reviews

Great organization, management so so much
Evaluator, Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Sitka City and Borough, AKJanuary 2, 2019
I evaluated Behavioral Health programs in Angoon, Kake and Klukwan. Collected and analyzed baseline data, designed and fielded surveys, facilitated strategic planning, compiled reports and made presentations in the communities. In collaboration with Native cohorts I put together a curriculum (Yaakw/Canoe program) on traditional Tlingit values for use in middle and high schools. Grant Writer, Planning and Development Department. I worked with all departments to identify needs, source funding opportunities and write proposals. I designed evaluation procedures that included SMART objectives, timelines and work plans. I wrote over $7,000,000 worth of successful grants in 14 months with a 91% success rate
cane be a good company to work for
Behavioral Health Clinician III (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKNovember 3, 2018
can be a good company to work for depending on how you set boundaries.
Beautiful place to live and very active in the community. Very culturally sensitive and respectful
Pros
clients, immediate supervisor and team member
Cons
upper managment
Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKSeptember 25, 2018
Learned a lot a fun environment but after a while you realize its a cliquey atmosphere which you realize is uncomfortable when you are fairly new. But other than that it was a great experience.
Horrible work environment
Patient Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKMay 29, 2018
Native preference hospital that allows racism against non native employees and horrible management. Constant turn over of employees due to lack of training and inconsistency in job description and job expectations.
Pros
Productive and layed back work place other emplo
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKApril 16, 2018
It is a friendly environment to work in on a daily basis. The other eployees made you feel welcome.
I had learned how to operate a snow plow truck, a Kawasaki 4x4 snow plow and much morewhile I worked for S.E.A.R.H.C.
My experience working for S.E.A.R.H.C was very memorable as a maintenance mechanic.
The hardest part of the job for me was adjusting to working with or amongst people. All my other jobs I worked independently.
Most enjoyable part of working at S.E.A.R.H.C is other employees making you feel appropriated for thr job you have completed for them.
Pros
Had accational luncheons for employees.
Cons
Fingure print time clock
Check clears everytime
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  SE Alaska, AKApril 12, 2018
I love my choice in profession. However, SEARHC has been making improvements in human resources but they still miss the mark. The recruiters fail to adequately communicate job duties and their wage practices are dishonest.
Pros
Geography, this is one of the most beautiful places to live.
Cons
Remote with high cost of living that is not compensated by this organization.
great place to enjoy life
NP FP and emergency medicine (Current Employee) –  Klawock, AKApril 11, 2018
a balance of work and play, good place to be able to get out after work and kayak on the ocean with the whales, or walk / hike the trails and see bear, deer, eagles.
Non Profit
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKOctober 31, 2017
The management for this non-profit is not very knowledgeable regarding Human Resource issues. At least when I was working there. What is needed is a licensed HR manager to stop the verbal abuse of a few managers.
Pros
good pay, small company
Cons
Weather, Management
Positive work environment.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKSeptember 18, 2017
Many growth opportunities. Prepared bids, awarded contracts, and supervised completion of the projects on schedule and under budget. Managed in excess of $300 million in projects.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Few breaks.
Excellent place to work weather your looking for a long term job or looking to grow
Dental assistant/ Dental Health Aide II (Former Employee) –  Klawock, AKSeptember 10, 2017
This place was wonderful to me. They give you many opportunities to grow and become better. They work with competitive pay so you get paid well. The dentists really care about your needs and make sure the job is well done. This place really helped me through a lot and the benefits and hours were awesome.
Working at SEARHC
Inpatient Care Coordinator/Utilization Review (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKSeptember 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with the team. Very challenging to find and coordinate care for the patients living in Sitka or surrounding villages. Not very many resources.
A gem of an employer in a gorgeous setting
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKMarch 2, 2017
not what i expected, but very pleasantly surprised. a fast paced environment but one where managers really try to balance teaching with doing. even busy CFO takes time to regularly teach and mentor staff to build skills. fun group that performs at a high level but gets along. offices are in a picturesque location.
Pros
mentoring and learning opportunities; department atmosphere; open environment
Cons
compensation & benefits more in-line with like roles at city and state
Enjoyable, challenging, rewarding
Staff Engineer (Lead Terchnician) (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AlaskaJuly 13, 2016
Very enjoyable experience with multiple daily challenges. Working with the medical professionals and fitting in your workday to meet their schedules was actually rewarding in that it developed valuable scheduling management skills
Pros
Excellent benefits, good salary, great work-life balance
Cons
On-call hours, late or early snow removal hours
Very poor management!
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKApril 5, 2016
Company has a huge turn over rate. Doesn't do a good job with orientation coming into the company but holds employees responsible for what they didn't teach you. CEO has arrest record for DU I and domestic violence. Very militant management style. Its their way or the highway. Lots of internal stress on clinicians who are pressured to meet impossible quota system. Applies a business model to a medical setting. Highly discourage anyone to work there.
Pros
Your away from corporate offices in Juneau.
Cons
Poor management. Care more about money than quality of care.
Beautiful but with non-stop rain
Emergency Room and ICU Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Sitka, AKApril 13, 2013
Sitka is gorgeous the two or three days a year it doesn't rain. So if you like Seattle weather with more snow this is the place. The hospital is decent, but there has been a lot of turn-over due to cuts in pay and benefits brought on by the new upper management.
Sitka is an expensive town to live in. $6 for a gallon of milk, about the same for a gallon of gas. Expensive to fly in/ out to Seattle or Anchorage, so be prepared to stay for a while and possibly develop cabin/ island fever.
Pros
beautiful scenary, friendly people.
Cons
hospital management. rains all the time.
I loved working at SEARHC.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKMarch 24, 2013
I would go back in an instant. The people I worked with are awesome, and there's so much to do in Juneau if you love the outdoors and coffee shops.
Pros
employees get free starbucks brewed coffee
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Sitka, AKDecember 24, 2012
A lot of changes due to management and budget, but overall a great place to work with room for upward mobility and decent benefits.