Southeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Great management and coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 8, 2019
I have been working for SGHS for 4 years now. I have a great manager and coworkers. I receive great benefits for my family as well. On the downside, the longer you are there, the more is expected as a RN. It is already a very busy floor. Once you have been there a while, you are expected to be a charge nurse and precept new employees. They only pay one dollar more an hour for each. It can be exhausting. You are looked down upon if you voice your opinion about all that is expected. Mind you, while you are precepting and charging, you may still have 6 patients. Staffing is always an issue. Also, raises are minimal and the company does not do much to improve moral.
Pros
Pto, insurance, some management, coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, not enough money for all that is expected, low moral
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brunswick CampusSeptember 24, 2018
Upper management is in a category of its own!! There are some managers that care and listen to their employees and then you have the ones that DON'T!! If you can't treat all your employees the same then you should NOT be a manager. I believe you should also have working relationships with your employees as well, not just a FLY BY YOUR SEAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP!! The hospital itself is a wonderful place to work, but they need new managers in certain areas!! BUT, we know this will never get corrected because the employees are always wrong and the managers are always RIGHT. SAD!! This is why the hospital looses great employees.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Some Management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 30, 2018
SGHS is a good place to work, with great benefits. This employer provides room for advancement as well as in house promotions. It also has shifts to accommodate all.
Cons
Short breaks
Daily duties at work
Department Support Coordinator (Office Manager) (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAJanuary 26, 2019
A typical day at work starts at 8 am -5pm and I love the clients. I learned how to manage my staff in a nice productive way. I can also accept criticism from my manager. My work place culture is diverse 50/50. The hardest part of my job is having to discipline a worker. The enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the customers and my coworkers
Pros
able to use the company's ammenities
Cons
using my pto for a national holiday
Mediocre
LPN (Former Employee) –  BrunswickDecember 5, 2018
Mediocre staffing. Typically understaffed. Enjoyed other staff members but some upper management did not have the most personable attitude. Overall ok place to work
Kiss your self esteem good-bye!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 28, 2018
Love, love, love the job. Management was horrible though. Nobody in charge, rules change every day. Constant critisism by management and providers. The job itself was constantly exciting. Stayed longer than I should have with bad management. Benefits at hospital great.
Benefits
Cons
Can't leave work for 12 hours, not even to go outside. Different rules for different employees.
Horrible Nursing Home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Senior Care Center, Brunswick, GADecember 27, 2018
Poorly managed, terrible infection control, a filthy and poorly staffed nursing home. How is this place associated with a major hospital?
It is a horrible place to be a resident and a horrible place to work.
The standards are so poor, it is unimaginable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else is horrible.
was a good place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAApril 6, 2018
again was a very good place to work with great benefits until 1 week before Christmas, and the CEO held a meeting with all of us stating that several departments we being taken over by another company, therefore we will be losing all benefits and PTO time, Large companies that do these things save money but they hurt the workers, it is such a shame that something like this happens
Pros
had great benefits, team work
Cons
new company HHS took over (taking over all health care)
Sghs
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 7, 2018
EVS need to pay their employees more. you do so much work discharges, areas, lobbies, cleaning hallways, er etc. for that little bit of money. only people who already have good pay is the ones that been there for years.
Pros
better pay
Cons
breaks ok
Great nurses to work with once you got to know them
Registered Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Able to learn from those who have worked there the longest. Ability to advance in placement. Enjoyed teaching patients and assisting with home health after surgeries.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Short breaks
Loved working here
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden County, GAFebruary 8, 2019
I was hired as a new graduate at the Camden campus and I adored my job here. The staff were more than helpful with me being a new nurse and were so kind to me. I learned a lot of skills. I was in the new graduate program and they defiantly helped with educating throughout the nursing experience. Only reason I left was due to moving!
Pros
Staff; enviornment
Cons
Lunch breaks
Outpt RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 3, 2019
I loves working the surgical route. I was able to perfect my IV skills and become more comfortable conversing with multiple physicians and concentrating on pt communication.
Excellent training program
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 12, 2018
Upon being hired and starting my actual first day on the job, I felt comfortable, supported and confident that I would have success learning and achieving my work as assigned.
Great place
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 5, 2018
Great place to be. Wish I never left there. Great atmosphere. Heavy workload and can be quite stressful at times but with great reward. Good managers although some may be out of touch.
Pros
Multiple
Cons
Heavy work load
Unit Managers are understanding and kind
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, Georgia, USDecember 6, 2018
Nursing providers are excellent and physicians who work for the hospital are also excellent. Higher administraron sometimes bullies unit managers and puts stress on them but the work environment is friendly and welcoming. Staffing issues cause stress as with other facilities in other states in which I’ve worked. It’s a national problem.
Pros
Great coastal town, great weather
Cons
Short staffing. Too fast paced
Fast paced and enjoyable.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 28, 2018
Working in the ER as a volunteer was one of the best experiences I've had. Work was unpredictable and fast while working within a dedicated team.
Management was fine though wanted less hours than I wanted.
The most enjoy part of the job
Linen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 26, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, and helping them enjoy there stay.
The department management didn't respect the employee when talking with them. Beside this, the company is a good place to work.
Pros
enjoy helping people
Cons
Dept.Management
Pay isn't high but is comparable to other jobs in area
Patients Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 1, 2018
Brunswick, GA is not an easy area to live in. Jobs generally don't pay very high compared to other towns and cities of its size and the cost of living is very high. The hospital doesn't do much to combat this but is one of the main employers of the area.
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Not a lot of vacation time or work life balance
Lack resources
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 19, 2018
Company lacks resources to boost employee moral. Sacrifices adequate staffing to provide for construction costs. Overall got the feeling moral was down in most departments.
Great set of coworkers. Work with team players
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 28, 2018
Work flow varies from day to day. Phone lines consistenly rings and monitors ring constantly also. File and scan charts on daily basis. Coworkers has a steady work flow pace wth each other. My role as Unit Coordinator stays the same, but I do make exceptions and will help a patient in need if other team members are tied up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.