Southeast Island School District Employee Review

View all Southeast Island School District reviews

great place to work in a small community
Registrar/ Secretary (Current Employee) –  Thorne Bay, AKFebruary 20, 2013
I enjoy working as the front office secretary where my kids attend school as well. SISD is a small district with a homey atmosphere. Our students are wonderful and we fun with lots of learning. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time in the day to do all the tasks at hand. There are not enough qualified leaders in our community to fill all of our needs. Few people do many tasks. These staff members are extraordinary and work hard every day to make student life the best it can be.
Pros
working with such great staff and students
Cons
no health care, other benefits, some long working hours during the school year. no positions available during non- school time.

Other Southeast Island School District Employee Reviews

Kids and books
Librarian and District Wide Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Thorne Bay, AkOctober 7, 2015
Constantly busy here. Nine schools. The best part of the job was working with the kids. The hardest part was the level of work. As the District Resource Manager responsible for getting curriculum out to 9 outer sites as well as the school you are acting as librarian for. I enjoyed this job.