Southeast Orthopedic Specialists Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Overworked and underpaid
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
While I enjoyed the things I learned while with the company, the overall feeling shared by all employees was that we were overworked an underpaid. There were also many long standing employees who complained about being told there would be multiple opportunities for raises and they have never seen the company take action to distribute them.There seemed to be many issues within the workplace between coworkers and most, but not all people in management positions were not approachable. Also, favoritism seemed to be very prevalent.
Too stressful
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2018
I really did not work there long enough to give a review. The company never really gave me a chance. I was offered a job. I went to the training and then sent back to my previous company to do some work. I never really got the chance to work at this company for more than a week or two.
Not A Good Place To Work
Administration (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2018
All the reviews by other job seekers are true. Poor management, backstabbing among co-workers, upper management lies, lack of communication. BEWARE!!!
Pros
some of the doctors and physcian assistants are nice.
Cons
co-workers are backstabbers, upper mangement tell lies, no adequate Training Team Members
Terrible place to work..... no room to grow!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2018
I worked there for years and only got 1 raise and it was a quarter. They work you to death and don’t care about anything but making money. They are literally the worst orthopedic company to work for. As all the employees would say. Under payed over worked and under appreciated. Go somewhere else. Terrible management and terrible people period!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Worst company to work for period
Terrbile
Front Desk Specialists/ Patient Access Specialists (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2018
The Doctors are great at what they do and treat their patients. Its the central corporate office that do not know what to do or how to run things. Plenty of people have complained about raises and nothing is done, they do not pay the scribes or front desk enough for all the work they have to do. They do not appreciate their employees. If you have a complaint about something or how it is run. they say we have to do whats best for business. Terrible Place..
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast Paced
work comp coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 21, 2017
Great place to work if you are trying to get your feet wet in corporate America. It is very fast paced in my department and you do have a chance at a promotion.
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2017
This company has very poor management. HR department does nothing to help you out when your having an issue with someone else. Pay is very low for the amount of work they pile on you. Turnover rate is terrible! Every week there's a new employee in a different department. If your looking to work in Orthopedics, I would highly recommend JOI before SOS.
Cons
Only break of the day is a 30 minute lunch break
Overall enjoyed it but it definitely drained me.
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with and my patients. However I went above and beyond every time and never got a raise. Actually, I was never given a 90 day review or a yearly review, even though I asked multiple times. I eventually just got tired of not feeling appreciated and sought better opportunities. I would work there again if there was a better management system put in place and a better compensation rate. Benefits were good and the hours were decent.
Pros
Good people, decent hours, benefits, learning experience
Cons
No compensation, no reviews, poor upper management
Fun work place with low pay
Medical assistant/Scribe (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2017
I was able to learn about multiple different specialties and I love learning. The hardest part of the job is working a lot of hours and going above and beyond, but not really feeling as if I was compensated enough for it. I even emailed my manager and higher positions about my expected 30 day evaluation for a raise and was never responded to.
Pros
Volunteered overtime
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Many Nice people to work with
Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
There are many friendly faces to see and work with on a daily basis. I have learned many things working for this company. Teamwork is very important.
It was ok
Scribe for physician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2016
It was an ok place to work. I think management could have been better. It was a pretty unorganized place. The pay wasn't that great for all that we had to do.
Avoid the lies and treachery from hr and directors
CMA/Front desk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2015
From day one they lied to a co worker and i about our positions. interviewed for one thing hired on and stuck in another position. not to concerning but once they tell you the next available position is yours. and you end up watching 12 others get hired on and let go in 6 months.... in the position you wanted it gets old quick.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Enjoy working during externship
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2015
Set up rooms, computers, supplies for the da
Patient charting
Patient interviewing
Prep rooms between patients
Prep for Injections
Fast friendly environment. Enjoy working with staff
Pros
unlimited learning
Fantastic physicians
Physical Therapy Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 4, 2015
Typical day at work is just kinda everywhere, no set position or organization. Things are constantly changing but with no training on anything new. I learned to be patient with patients and take everyday with stride. Management is pretty good, hard to talk to about issues. Co workers are okay, sometimes to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Hardest part of the job is not getting adequet training on new policies and changes. Most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and physicians.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
no compensation, no flexable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeast Orthopedic Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight