Southeastern College Employee Reviews

Good working conditions overall.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southeastern College, Miami Lakes, FloridaDecember 31, 2017
Terms of services:
In general there were good working conditions, the work schedules were well respected, there were a well atmosphere and good material for practice, however, the all conditions to the program was very tight in time and works was very stressful to fully comply. Sometimes there were too many organizational regulations.
By far the worst job I have ever had
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 30, 2017
Make up and hair done was a requirement. Women were forced to wear heels on a daily basis and the last hour of work called "power hour" everyone was forced to stand at their desk and cold call. The office is riddled with favoritism and the lack of accreditation at the school, pushed me over ethical lines that made me feel uncomfortable. The school is swindling students and making false promises. They work their employees until they are exhausted and take advantage. Everyday was horrible and I never enjoyed it. I picked up a second part time job at restaurant because I knew I couldn't work there for an extended time frame.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management.
excellent school
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2017
excellent school, great instructors very patient and very willing to teach. we had excellent clincical training as well as great textbook to prepare for liscensure
Great Career Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 19, 2017
Southeastern College is an excellent place to work. The college takes great care of their employees and their students. The college provides a stimulating work environment, and solid support. The ongoing training and leadership development has been very encouraging in my career development.
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Productive and great learning eperience
Work Study/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 18, 2017
Not only was Southeastern College a great learning experience but a great place to work. I enjoyed my role as a work study, i only wished i could have stayed longer!
Pros
Along with teachers, I learned a lot from the students.
Cons
Leaving Friends that was developed and family but only to strive for excellence so bittersweet
Review Summary of Cultural Environment at Southeastern College
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 3, 2017
Great, cohesive, and motivating faculty environment. The program ended due to phase out of ground campus operations. The cultural experience and environment were exceptional.
Great Place To Begin
Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 8, 2016
Southeastern College has a great atmosphere and it's a perfect place if you're looking to start in the higher education field, or even if you're looking to grow.
Very enjoyable busy and mentally stimulating and very rewarding
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2016
Southeastern College was a wonderful place to work. Very stimulating intellectually and rewarding to see students learning and continuing on with their careers
Pros
Wonderful management that supported faculty and students
Cons
College closed in 2016
Positive
Practical Nursing Program Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2016
Before the nursing program entered into a teach-out, my colleagues and I all had a very family-oiriented relationship. This made for a very postive work environment.
Great Experience
Speech Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vista Parkway, West Palm Beach, FLAugust 15, 2016
I've taught Speech here since March 2016. I truly enjoy the in-class experience. The students are surprisingly bright and open to the information imparted. I have watched them grow in many ways including learning how to organize a speech, address an audience, and use ethical methods to present a case regarding a subject they are passionate about.
Pros
small classes, long classes (4 hours), short term (1 month), clean environment, support of management
Cons
no benefits, only 3 months per year
Friendly Enviroment
Assistant Professor of Biology (Health Sciences) (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 23, 2016
My day everytime I use to be there was a very respectul enviroment where the students, most of them, quiet but i always made them be active during the class. I was a tool and was there to help them.
Awful
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2016
Worse mistake I have made of my professional career. Horrible management no work life balance, management are airheads no clear direction and campus shut down due to poor financial management.
Pros
Cons
Awful
Southeastern College
Surgical Technology Program Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2016
Nice working environment. Campus VP supported the Surgical Tech program and allowed me to take on all responsibilities as a program director with very little interference.

When program was transferred to Keiser University I found that the staff and faculty were very helpful and accommodating when asked.
Pros
Overall supportive environment
No comment
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Enjoyed meeting new co workers. Great boss, who took the time to answer each question without hesitation. Would have loved to continue the job.
No Job Security
Senior Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2016
I worked for SEC 3 and Half months before I was laid off only allowed 2 full starts be being laid of told its not my fault just had to cut back.
Pros
Non
Cons
to many to name
productive and fun workplace with potential
Dean/Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 8, 2015
Southeastern College provides career education in an environment of personalized attention that simulates the real world.

Small Class Sizes
Hands on Training
Good learning experience.
Caring atmosphere
Student centered
Fun work place with supportive management.
Cons
n/a
Work study/ student
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2015
I organized students/staff files. Set up offices for meetings, helped answer phones when needed. Fax and made copies for instructors. Studied and did homework
Competitive school
PN3 Instructor/Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJuly 12, 2015
Southeastern College worked hard to be one of the top career colleges in the area. The members of the staff were encouraged to use their background, experience, and expert knowledge to help the students to achieve their best.
Formerly Keiser Career College
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJune 24, 2015
If you are expecting to be paid fairly for your degree, certification, and or years of experience, this is definitely not the place to apply. Southeastern College, formerly Keiser Career College, is documented as one of the lowest ranking colleges on the pay scale for instructors and program directors. Your're after the benefits and don't care much about the pay? Good luck; their benefits program is so expensive you'd be better off saving your money and purchasing a plan from someone else.
The first thing I learned about my new employer after taking my position was that they have a hideous reputation in town and had to change their name to hide it. Unfortunately the reputation has been well earned with management, so don't let the name fool you. Stay far, far, away from this sinking ship.
Pros
the students are great
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Great learning environment
Surgical Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2015
Co-workers really a joy to work with. Class sizes small. Great location to get too. Great equipment in all skills labs. Great hours to work. They offer full time and part time work.
Pros
Paid Vacation and sick time
Cons
no teacher lounge