Southeastern Computer Consultants Inc.

Southeastern Computer Consultants Inc. Employee Reviews

Southeastern Computer Consultants Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Important Work for Important Customers

This was a rewarding job providing training and technical documentation services for US Govt customers. The job and opportunities were great, but a lack of direction from Sr Mgmt (CEO) results in few opportunities for upward mobility due to lack of growth at the division level.

Clickish, Drama, Awful

I am over 40, and if you want to go back to high school drama....this is the place for you! If you arent in the "in" crowd, you are out. You do your job as well as others. No training to new comers. New employees feel isolated. Benefits are good.

I give it 4.5 stars

I am fortunate to live very close to work, so my commute is non-existent. Even if I had to drive further to work here, I would (fortunately, we can start earlier in the morning so most people can avoid the worst of the morning rush). My boss is fantastic and incredibly supportive. Our division manager has really turned things around here. He is looking to the future and moving our organization towards more innovative and interesting work. I work on a great team and for the most part, I really enjoy what I do. I get to learn and try new things that I might not get the chance to do at a larger company. Overall, I am quite happy working here.

Try another company in the area.

Nepotism, favoritism, lack of advancement (unless you are related), micromanagement, you name all the negative characteristics you can imagine and they have it. Since there are multiple companies in the area, BAH, CACI, HII, GDIT, Parsons, etc, I suggest only applying tho SCCI as a last resort.

Benefits

Cons

nepotism, poor management style.

Employees demonstrated a strong commitment to increase productivity. Employees demonstrated significant expertise in their position with in-depth knowledge and skills.

Unhealthy environment and a very low paying Employer

Nepotism Nepotism Nepotism Nepotism There is a lot of favoritism, and high school mentality in the work place. If you don't play along with certain personnel then consider yourself shunned. It is really a shame. I met a lot of great employees there and they all have left SCCI including myself, for a better work environment, ability to grow and larger salaries. Management also plays into the "It's a mans world". Women are treated like they don't have a clue or could never bring anything to the table. The lack of upper management correcting the endless gossiping about other employees, countless smoking breaks, and managing the PM's who treat others with disrespect has made SCCI an unfavorable place to work.

No job security

The company does not have a strong enough foothold in this division of the industry to provide stability and career longevity. The work was interesting and I enjoyed the flexibility of schedule, but managers definitely show favoritism and do not think about project needs when making important staffing decisions. The building and office is also in disarray. Mold, leaking roofs, roaches the size of house cats...

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Office condition, favoritism, lack of stability

Good place to start...

When getting started in the contracting world, this company is a good place to learn the basics of contracting and how it relates to configuration management and data management.

Leadership appreciates your input.

Great folks to work with/for. Input is taken for business generation and project implementation. Defense contracting tends to dictate where employment goes even if you like where you work.

Pros

Work environment.

Archaic Leadership with No Vision

Company is 40+ years old and has grown very little. Upper management is out of touch and too old to understand new business dynamics and the ever changing workplace. Uncomfortable working environment. Buildings are old, full of mold and filthy carpeting. Depressing and disappointing.

Great working enviroment

People here are wonderful and love working for them, great organization and offer great benefits. Love the flexibility they offer and the all around support you get from every team member.

Nice work place

Nice work place to work..10 hours a day 4 days a week..two breaks,inside job buy it can get hot..I will reference anybody to work there it’s just da pay that not all that gud

Very Highschool, Micromanaged, Unprofessional

Poorly managed, excessively micromanaged, unprofessional, unnecessary meetings daily, poor training, uncomfortable workplace and if you don't fit in, you wont last there.

benefits

Cons

Poor Maagement, Very clickish, unprofessional, Highschool & Gossip

Interesting Job But Blatant Management Favoritism

Not a bad company to work for as you can learn a lot. However, management has blatant favoritism for some employees over others. They also tend to low ball on pay.

Pros

Free snacks, WFH policy

Cons

Healthcare, Management

Potential

I was in a small section that created online training from long tech manuals. Their biggest projects was in the other section. This small group that I was in needs management that can understand online instruction and understands how to create strong teams to make this section grow. It is a small tight click group and you can quickly find yourself on the way out. It has potential but will continue to ebb and flow in place as long as current talent is in place.

Worse than High School

I didn't have this many problems in high school. Management ranging from team leads to the Vice President of the company play favoritism to the utmost level. Will tell employees that there are no leadership roles to promote you to, but turn around the next day and promote their friends, who are not qualified, to be your new leader. They are not looking for worker bees. They are only looking for employees who will turn around and gossip. I have seen employees sit with their bare feet up on their desks, web surfing for their next phone while their customer asks them to do something, which the employee will turn around and pawn the task off on the next person. As long as you're in the click you will be good as gold, but if you're a worker, don't expect to ever advance in this company.

Pros

Cons

Management at all levels, favoritism, unprofessional

Want to feel like you're in high school? Join SCCI.

My advice to you is if you want to be successful at SCCI, cozy up with management and get on their side, because the entire dynamic here is exactly like high school. As soon as you differ from the main "clique," they will treat you different and frankly unfair from that point forward. Even if you are completely unprofessional and do not meet your deadlines, as long as you are in that special group, you are good to go. If you are outside of that group, don't bother reporting any of your concerns or questions to management -- they will not address it, and instead will alienate you even more. Be sure to embrace the gossip -- including management talking badly about other employees to you. Also embrace the constant feeling that everyone is talking about you as well, because most likely they are. If you are a fan of micromanagement, this place is for you. Not just micromanagement by your manager, which would at least make sense, but by EVERYONE around you. Want to feel like you're in high school? Join SCCI.

Amazing!

I love this place, my best job so far! It's sad to have to leave. We worked under a government contract, and funding was pulled. It happens. But none the less, I loved my experience.

Great place to work until the contract ends.

SCCI is a great place to work. Very laid back atmosphere. Management does not micro-manage. Working with the people here is almost like having another family.

Pros

Laid back atomsphere

Cons

Vacation time

Excellent Team Culture

Over the past 20 plus years with SCCI, I experienced opportunities and challenges which provided significant professional growth for my career. My current technical team is accomplished and close knit. Training is available to the team and nothing motivates the team more than a good problem to investigate and solve. Like a university where all the departments are a little different, each of the programs within SCCI has its own team culture. The program manager empowers individuals to lead tasks and grow their skills. Task leadership is an opportunity that includes great responsibility, but team mates provide a sounding board for collaboration and are willing to lend a hand toward success. This company offers motivated and talented individuals the opportunity to excel in their chosen field. Some may view these types of opportunities as stressful, but growth comes from accepting challenges a little outside of your comfort zone. This company offers you the opportunity to grow and has mentors on staff to keep you on track. If you welcome a challenge and want to grow professionally, join SCCI.

Pros

Culture, Collaboration, Task Leadership

Basic contracting environment.

Workplace culture is average and employee/skill compensation is average to below average. Hiring protocol and mapping of skills to salary is less than optimal.

Cons

Conflict of interest in hiring of relatives and personal friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern Computer Consultants Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Southeastern Computer Consultants Inc.