Southeastern Freight Lines Employee Reviews

Great company, however...
P & D Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2018
This is a great company to work for, however, Odessa is too far from the corporate eye. The culture is not the same as it is towards the east coast, and upper management seemed to use this as an escape when visiting. This is not the way it is everywhere... Corporate cares tremendously about the direction of the company, and if you took time to learn the company's history, you would be inspired to make this place home.
Pros
Structure, Pay
Cons
Uninspiring middle-management
Good Pay!!!
Outbound Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 31, 2018
Early work hours but, pay is great. Have to be able to deal with the elements (outside open dock). Flexible vacation and time off request. Work gets slow during the winter so, hours decline a bit.
Pros
great pay
Cons
working in the elements
Poor understanding.
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2018
Pay was fair for unskilled labor but is a very hard job and with me having 17 credit hours worth of college they were not flexible enough for my schedule
Pros
Pay
Cons
Time, hard work
managers make the job harder than it really should be
P&D DRIVER (Current Employee) –  TnAugust 28, 2018
not a bad place to work if you like good money and long hours, management likes to micro manage, not a bad job, easy work and good pay for what you have to do
Pros
the pay, easy work
Cons
the hours you have to work, the managment
Productive and steady work place
Service center Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 21, 2018
Going into this facility gave me great honor to be apart a great team.
Work was steady, inbound calls were medium flow. Most management were leaders.
Very productive, fulfilling and somewhat challenging.
Pros
hour lunches, 5 personal days, week vacation upon hiring, low supervision
Cons
personal days used automatically, no over time.
Workplace Culture
Administrative Clerical (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2018
The workplace culture began as inviting and welcoming, safe work environment should, with employees, supervisors and management that worked together, but then it wasn't so much a workplace culture anymore when the employees became ignored for any issues they had, and promises that were being made that never happened. Positions being passed up to new candidates outside of the company rather than those of experience that are already within the organization.
Productive, family atmosphere and lots of advancement opportunities.
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 15, 2018
Excellent company to work for, especially for a young adult looking for a career opportunity. Starting P&D driver pay in my area is $25.00 an hour. Linehaul pay is .58 cpm. Work-life balance isn't ideal but that's expected in the trucking industry. Management is very helpful and knowledgeable, overall a wonderful company.
Pros
Great pay, excellent benefits and awesome co-workers.
Cons
Straight time pay until 60 hours worked, then OT pay.
Stressful Place
Forklift Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2018
Find another place to work at. The money is not worth it at all, don’t even See my own family because I’m stuck in this place 24/7, I only come home to sleep
Pros
Getting off and going home
Cons
Only ONE 30 minute break (full time) only. Outdoor job working all day. And ALOT more
Awesome Company to work for.
OTR Linehaul driver (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAAugust 15, 2018
Awesome Company to work for. Management, Supervisor and Dispatch were fair . Trucks were clean and well maintained. Productive and great place to work.
Fun
Billing Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 12, 2018
Loved working here. Southeastern Freight Lines takes care of their people. I worked at night and part time.

Management was great yard manager was a pleasure to work with
Amazing culture and career opportunity.
Outbound Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 30, 2018
Working for this company has been the best decision of my Life. Comming out of high school. I had terrible grades and no experience. I failed at finding a job for 2 full years until I finally applied at southeastern. They took me in as a part time dock worker on a pallet jack with no experience and trained me. Not even a year later I was not only full time making insane money for a 20 year old. Around (50,000) They also trained me to drive tractors, pull and back trailers, and work the yard. And will soon be trained to do things even beyond that. Southeastern frieght lines is an amazing place to work for and for anyone who works hard and keeps a good attitude. The sky is the limit of this place for you.
Pros
Endless Opportunity
Cons
None, if you come to work hard and serve customers.
N/a
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJuly 30, 2018
Great Place to work weekends off, weekly pay, Career advancement, get the job done and go home nothing bad about this company just do what you gotta do to make it
SEFL, quality workplace
Breakbulk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
SEFL has a good culture, like anywhere there are going to be people who don't enjoy working there and they do their best to make it a negative experience for others. The compensation is fair, you are going to be working for the compensation that you receive. The management does a good job of treating people fairly and honestly, I have enjoyed my time at SEFL to date.
Pros
Pay, free food occasionally
Cons
Short breaks, fast pace environment.
They make you want to get out of the trucking industry.
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2018
The pay is competitive The way a driver is treated varies from terminal to terminal. My experience was poor. Ive always prided myself on being a hard working guy but this company will work you like a robot. The culture is cult like. Be ready to be micromanaged,written up. The drivers themselves are great.Theirs simply too many negatives too write. My advice, Most LTL carriers pay the same. Avoid Southeastern and go with a job that respects their drivers and find efficient ways to work and route their drivers. They make the job twice as hard as it already is.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management will always protect their own butts
Worked with a group of people i called my teamates and friends
P&D Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2018
I was given the oppurtunity to learn more about customer service and safety on the dock and in the truck and working as a team player and it made for a great experience at work.
Pros
Got recognition for doing a good job daily
Cons
Was sometimes called when slow not to come in.
typical day
Warehouseman / Loader (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAJuly 20, 2018
loading and unloading of trucks. greeting customers for daily pickups. Employees used pro scanner for route specifics and to check for damages and re-coup freight as needed
Great Place to Work
Assistant Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2018
Southeastern Freight Lines is a great company to work with. The pay is competitive, and the culture is great. The hours sometimes aren't great but if you are good with off hours and a good days work for a good days pay it is a great place to work. Also, no layoffs ever!
Pros
Good pay and job security.
Cons
Hours can be abnormal and vary daily.
Great place
Out bound dock worker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 14, 2018
I love this place this is my second time working here I worked here for two years then my full time job changed my shift I had to walk away came back about a year ago my full time job at Home Depot changed my shift once again this time I stayed with south eastern way more opportunities here can’t wait to grow with the company
Pros
Lots of cook outs great pay great people
Cons
Takes time to get full time
Lunch area with vending machines
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2018
I would walk into work, go get a Gatorade out of the vending machine. Then go clock in and hop on my forklift to start working. The management was difficult I never knew what time I was going to come in to work until the of. The hardest part of the job was pushing 20-50 500 pound drums down the dock sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friends that I made up there.
Pros
Cons
No paid vacation or off days, i was part time and they didnt work around my schedule.
accountablility
Outbound Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 5, 2018
SEFL is focused on their employees being accountable, and well trained. Extensive resources are used to ensure a safe, and well trained environment. Serving the customer is the highest priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern Freight Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about