Southeastern Freight Lines Employee Reviews

Great place
Out bound dock worker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 14, 2018
I love this place this is my second time working here I worked here for two years then my full time job changed my shift I had to walk away came back about a year ago my full time job at Home Depot changed my shift once again this time I stayed with south eastern way more opportunities here can’t wait to grow with the company
Pros
Lots of cook outs great pay great people
Cons
Takes time to get full time
Lunch area with vending machines
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2018
I would walk into work, go get a Gatorade out of the vending machine. Then go clock in and hop on my forklift to start working. The management was difficult I never knew what time I was going to come in to work until the of. The hardest part of the job was pushing 20-50 500 pound drums down the dock sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friends that I made up there.
Pros
Cons
No paid vacation or off days, i was part time and they didnt work around my schedule.
accountablility
Outbound Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 5, 2018
SEFL is focused on their employees being accountable, and well trained. Extensive resources are used to ensure a safe, and well trained environment. Serving the customer is the highest priority.
SEFL is a great company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 3, 2018
SEFL is a great company to work for and i would recommend when asked for people to apply at SEFL.
Southeastern does have long hours and late hours on each shift. If the person has a family or is starting a family I would not recomend it to them for that reason
Great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  USAJune 28, 2018
Great at all locations I have worked until my most recent transition. New manager ruined my interest in working here. Great pay, great culture(other locations), and very great to work for.
Pros
Go to work and do my job
Admin Sec III - HR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
Get to work, do my best and work with good people. Get my job done and work to keep everyone happy, and the customers taken care of. I have learned very much here about freight company verses the manufacturing company I came from.
Good Job, rewarding with good benefits.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
Not a bad place to work, can have a good environment if everyone is doing their part. The management is great, from where I have worked . You can have a life long career if you work hard and display a good attitude day in day out.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and owner is great
Cons
work in the elements can be rough, shift work
Very productive
Dock/yard hand (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 2, 2018
Job was always meant to be apart time job but primary job closed, great if you like 2nd shift. I'm a early riser,the earlier the better for me ,grandma raised.
Pros
Excelent wage
Cons
2nd shift
Caution
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2018
As an hourly employee its great. Stay away from leadership rolls and they will micro manage everything you do and fault you for anything that goes wrong even if it was out of anyones control. For drivers and dock workers I highly recommend working here management is soft due to the culture.
Pros
good pay
Cons
needs better structure
Stressful
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 2, 2018
Stressful. Could not keep up with the demands and requirements of the job. When a new person was brought into my work group, the bills I would have been working on were disappearing.
Pros
Great pay and benifits.
Cons
No response to new ideas, outdated software and computers, stressful hours and work load.
Good company but hard to advance into management
LINE HAUL/OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
SEFL pays their drivers good but it's hard to advance. The work wasn't hard and some of the drivers weren't that bad. They offer great benefits that were cost efficient.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management and employees lack of taking responsibility for their mistakes
If you dont like to be appreciated
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Local p&dMarch 31, 2018
Really long hrs on average you start at 9am and finish at 9:30 pm and dont ask to move your schedule around to finish getting your education because u'll hit a wall...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No real home life
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2018
it was a good job i leaned alot working there and i learned how to drive a forklift there and they paid for all your training which was great and everybody i worked with were all good people
It's a good job. Only 2nd and 3rd shifts on the dock.
Dock Associate/Stacker/Hostler (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 19, 2018
It's okay but could be better. The turnover for management is high at this terminal because of the size. I've had several leaders and operational managers in my time with the company.
Dock and pickup/delivery driver
Dock and pickup and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2018
Excellent job from people pay and equipment also gave little personnel gifts or awarfs for job good performances would difinetly be willing to return to work therein a heart beat
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Waiting for schedules to arrive to get unloaded
Busey
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 12, 2018
A Good place to work. Fast pace in the season. Management ok need to do some learning also. Trucks in good shape and well maintained. Pay is very competitive
Cons
Good company, no big complaints.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2018
SEFL is a pretty good company. However, as a driver, it's not very likely that you'll ever advance. The pay was great, the work wasn't that hard and the benefits were good.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Very difficult for drivers to advance into management, If you get sick and go on short term disability, they fire you after six months.
Productive, fast paced, goal oriented.
Frieght Handler/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 10, 2018
Southeastern Freight Lines is a wonderful job to work for as long as you like to be in trucking. SEFL offers great benefits such as, yearly raises, 6 month raises and new equipment to ride and everything.
Productive atmosphere
Dispatch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2018
Professionalism and respect is given to everyone. Supervisors are very easy to talk to and there's an open door policy. They give you the tools you need to succeed at your job.
Pros
Pay, Atmosphere
Cons
Not enough vacation offered
excellent employer
Dock Associate (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 7, 2018
Excellent employer, cares for employees, constantly trains, advancement based on self application and willingness to relocate. Steel toe required, neat appearance.
Pros
constant challange
Cons
constant challange

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern Freight Lines. Our community is ready to answer.