Southeastern Freight Lines Employee Reviews

What can you expect from truckers
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 4, 2018
This job was a great experience to learn new things. I enjoyed the people I worked with. One major downside was the language and subject of some conversations that came up surprisingly often, but what can you expect from truckers?
Great company but bad management
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 1, 2018
The Dalton GA terminal from what I’ve heard, is the best terminal to work at due to leniency and “laid back-ness”. I agree that this terminal is great but the management here needs much improvement. Career advancement opportunities here are pretty much non existant if you did not grow up with one of the managers or are best friends with them. Here recently it’s been nothing but the managers friends getting hired and promoted almost instantly. Where as there’s been some part timers here who are more than qualified, experienced, and have waited long enough (1-2+ years) and still have not gotten a single update on being able to advance to full time. Many of the part timers have been skipped and are not happy about it. Also the hours suck whether you’re part time, full time, or a driver, they are definitely not family hours. If you work here you’re life is on the weekend, no question
Pros
Great pay, super lenient, great community as a whole
Cons
Favoritism, discrimination (not racism), buddy buddy system
Your best is never good enough here, revolving door for new hires
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 30, 2018
Certain people who excel at their positions is notable and wonderful for business. On the other hand those people probably get bored and use valuable hours walking around looking for targets gossiping with others and gawking and picking at people, now that leads to a uncomfortable work place. Telling management makes you look inferior. So basically your stuck once you get hired but you need a job so you cant leave.
Pros
Management cares
Cons
Many snobby co workers, that know the onwer for years
Great place for advancement
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
I started out as a supervisor working inbound and outbound. I moved into the Q.A.L. position and travel to other offices y2o train new hires. I was then asked to move up as a disoatch supervisor.
Pros
Commoderie, great benefits, room for promotion
Cons
18 hour work shifts at times
poor management
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 22, 2018
poor leadership they would put you in some bad situations and expect you to do it with no excuses go into people neighborhoods and possibly take out trees or cable lines
Great Culture, and pay.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2018
I have worked for SEFL since 2004, and this company knows how to treat its employees.
The company is a strong, and stable place to grow in. Opportunities are plenty especially if moving is not an issue. The work is hard, but satisfying and leadership does a great job of getting to know its associates. This is a family owned business, and this great family really cares for its people.
Pros
pay, benefits.
Cons
salary associates do not benefit as much as hourly associate.
Great job
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 18, 2018
Great place to work for a P&D Driver. Decent hours and management. Good teamwork atmosphere. Some days can be very stressful dealing with customers, traffic, ect
Great first industry job
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 14, 2018
SE was a great experience. Coworkers were always helpful and eager to teach me new things. Supervisor was very flexible with my schooling. %15 matching on the 401k.
Pros
Upper management is great
Cons
It was hard for me to get full time with some red tape on the company's end
It was great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAOctober 10, 2018
I don't need to work nights anymore that is all. I enjoyed my time there but I need to go back to school and work during the day. For the sake of my health and my family.
Overall it’s decent
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 8, 2018
It’s a decent place to work , but a lack of opportunity to advance . The hours revolve around your whole day , typically 11-9 Pm or 1-9pm . There are Set shifts and you only receive one 30 minute break .
Had a great people to work with.
Pick up and deliver (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 3, 2018
my day would be to deliver freight a then pickup freight. Averaged about 20 stops a day. I learned that everyday on the road was a different learning experience. The hardest part of the day was unloading heavy items. The most enjoyable part was meeting customers.
Pros
good money
Cons
Some places was not easy to get into worth a 53 foot trailer
Great place to work.
Pickup and Delivery Driver class A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work. Very family oriented. Weekends off and home every night. The owner of the company is very approachable and willing to listen and help out in any way he can.
Great Company values, however the maangement does not have the understanding in how to implement.
Pickup & Delivery Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
SEFL is a Less than Truckload company that offers a great service with better delivery standards than most in the industry. Their core values are Christian based.
Fun working environment
LINEHAUL Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for this company. The atmosphere was very busy and fast paced but very relaxed. The location I worked at was operated very well and I have wonderful managers and coworkers
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Chance for advancement
Great company, however...
P & D Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2018
This is a great company to work for, however, Odessa is too far from the corporate eye. The culture is not the same as it is towards the east coast, and upper management seemed to use this as an escape when visiting. This is not the way it is everywhere... Corporate cares tremendously about the direction of the company, and if you took time to learn the company's history, you would be inspired to make this place home.
Pros
Structure, Pay
Cons
Uninspiring middle-management
Good Pay!!!
Outbound Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 31, 2018
Early work hours but, pay is great. Have to be able to deal with the elements (outside open dock). Flexible vacation and time off request. Work gets slow during the winter so, hours decline a bit.
Pros
great pay
Cons
working in the elements
Poor understanding.
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2018
Pay was fair for unskilled labor but is a very hard job and with me having 17 credit hours worth of college they were not flexible enough for my schedule
Pros
Pay
Cons
Time, hard work
managers make the job harder than it really should be
P&D DRIVER (Current Employee) –  TnAugust 28, 2018
not a bad place to work if you like good money and long hours, management likes to micro manage, not a bad job, easy work and good pay for what you have to do
Pros
the pay, easy work
Cons
the hours you have to work, the managment
Productive and steady work place
Service center Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 21, 2018
Going into this facility gave me great honor to be apart a great team.
Work was steady, inbound calls were medium flow. Most management were leaders.
Very productive, fulfilling and somewhat challenging.
Pros
hour lunches, 5 personal days, week vacation upon hiring, low supervision
Cons
personal days used automatically, no over time.
Workplace Culture
Administrative Clerical (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2018
The workplace culture began as inviting and welcoming, safe work environment should, with employees, supervisors and management that worked together, but then it wasn't so much a workplace culture anymore when the employees became ignored for any issues they had, and promises that were being made that never happened. Positions being passed up to new candidates outside of the company rather than those of experience that are already within the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern Freight Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about