SOUTHEASTERN HOME HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

just don’t do it
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAAugust 8, 2018
Absolutely the worst place I have ever worked. Management is the main problem. You can’t communicate anything with them to try and help them understand your job. They never know what their own employees actually do. One person can do a job of three people while one employee can sit on the phone all day doing nothing. When trying to explain you can’t get everything done in time because you have too much to do you get treated like a child and mentally abused. The atmosphere is purely like a jail. Unless you are the select few who the managers favor that don’t do much but sit around or talk with their friends while the rest of us are working scared to even look up from the computer. You are micro managed and under a microscope 24/7. If you have kids they come last. Don’t even think about having to pick your kid up early or if there’s an emergency because they are so short staffed (since everyone is quitting) and need all the help they can get but don’t want to hire because they are consolidating positions. This company is a joke. And I’m pretty sure every positive review is written by the HR department.
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
Managers, atmosphere, not family oriented
August 28, 2018

Thank you for your comment, and review of Southeastern Home Health Services.

I am sorry that you are experiencing these circumstances by management staff. We as a company are experiencing much success in the healthcare industry, and do not want to have our work environment feel micromanaged, or as you stated a "jail".

We are completely understanding that life is happening around us, and that family and person health comes first before work.

Like any work environment there are deadlines to be made, and goals to be reached. We at Southeastern Home Health Services are reaching our goals, and will be taking into consideration your review to better the future of our company to make sure ALL employees are treated equally, and fair.

Okay
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 30, 2018
Okay place to work. Expect to be challenged. Good benefits. Nice atmosphere. People are fun to work with. Paid holidays. Paid snow days. Lots of overtime.
Such a great place to work that I came back!
Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMarch 10, 2018
I worked for SHHS for over 2 years before I was offered another opportunity that looked good at the time. Unfortunately it lacked all the things that I loved about SHHS and left me wanting to come back "home." My team is like my family and I love the support I have from my office staff and management while I'm out in the field. The company is really making strides forward in a very competitive market and I'm happy to be a part of that. I love our programs for the chronic health conditions and the devotion to getting (and keeping!) the patient at their personal best. Even with the challenges of changing over to a new EMR everyone is still working as seamlessly as possible to provide the best patient care and THAT is something to be proud of.
This type of nursing offers more work/ life balance than most jobs, but can also eat into some time at home after you are done seeing patients while you complete your charting. That's par for the course. Organization is key to help minimize that.
Pros
Great environment, good management, good communication, good work/ life balance
Cons
Need to stay organized to minimize the job bleeding into your downtime at home
March 12, 2018

Happy to have you rejoin our family!

It is true that being able to manager your time, and being well organized is key to keeping that work/life balance. Along side of that, our team at Southeastern Home Health Services is always available to help any of our skilled/non skilled team members when they are in need of guidance, advice, or assistance. When you are a family, you achieve so much as a team!

Welcome back!

Family oriented work place
Management (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 30, 2017
Please do not believe the review from Dec 13th this must be a disgruntled employee. I spent many years in Management and this is a wonderful company to work for. I only left for medical reasons. This company not only cares about the patients, they are also about the clinical field staff. They offer education for the staff and a variety of programs for the patients.
Pros
Family company
Cons
No cons
January 3, 2018

Thank you for this review, and we here at Southeastern Home Health Services are hoping that you are doing well, and know that you are missed. We care greatly about our clinical staff, because they are the ones making sure our patients are in the best health they can be.

Please Stay Away From This Company!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania and VirginiaDecember 13, 2017
Dishonest, narcissistic, and immoral from coworkers to management. They have no conscience whatsoever. Save yourself the trouble and find another company to work for. I worry about the patients "being cared for" within this company.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, Coworkers, Upper Management, Everything
Patient Care Centered
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 11, 2017
Great company that is patient care centered and continues to be innovative in creating new programs to enhance the patient care and their experience. Excellent management and despite growth to a larger size company, the employees continue to be treated like family.

Working in home health provides employees with a job work/life balance.
Pros
patient care is primary focus, work life/job work balance, great management
Cons
only pros to share
Great Place to work!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 6, 2016
I have worked in the field as an RN. Coworkers are fabulous! Management team is fair and they work well together as a team. I love my patients! It's a very rewarding feeling to be part of this company and in this line of work.
Pros
Employees, very rewarding, management team and schedule flexibility
Cons
Health Insurance cost, only need to work 1 weekend each month, but it's better than being required to work every other weekend like my other jobs.it
Terrible Management
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VASeptember 1, 2015
I worked here for a very short time and the management was awful. They are not willing to be flexible in work schedule, they did not train me on any of the job duties, they were not easy to talk to and go to with concerns, and they definitely played favoritism. I would not recommend working here. The benefits are horrible, the insurance is very expensive, and the branch manager does maintain confidentiality.
Poor scheduling
Visiting nurse (Former Employee) –  Center ValleyAugust 27, 2015
No work-life balance;
On call consists of traveling between East Stroudsburg and down to Bucks.
Multiple hours of travel and then when done visiting patients plan on doing 4 hours of paperwork every night.
Very tight on supplies also.
Cons
Have to take on call multiple times every month and no monetary compensation
Time for a change
Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 27, 2015
My last position consisted of supervising the overall operations for a home health branch. This included the supervision of all office staff. In my role I handled HR, budgeting, supervision of accounts receivable, payroll, contract compliance, Medicare/Medicaid compliance, supervision of staff, and all other branch operations.

The hardest part of this position was the amount of responsibility. I have been in this type of role for years now and I feel like it is time for me to make a change. I desire a role that is more assistive than primary person in charge. I love being part of a team that works well together to reach a common goal.
Patients were great, but management was unfriendly
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Arrive at patients home and attended to their needs as assigned. When the time assignment was met, I moved onto the next patients on the list. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the time schedule that was laid out by the staff scheduler. Who did not allow enough travel time between patients. I enjoyed taking care of the patients.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Staff
Don't stop here!
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown and Lemoyne PaJanuary 4, 2015
Nurses constantly leaving this company due to poor treatment by manager and no work-life balance. It is disorganized and approximately 25 nurses resigned over a 12 month period-they are constantly recruiting but not focusing on retention. The nurse manager is inexperienced in management and treats her nurses as though they are just another number-absolutely no empathy and she needs to find another career. Constant influx of referrals when down to minimal remaining staff to accept them. Then you are bullied to take the referrals while already overburdened with multiple starts of care and huge caseloads. Threats to hold pay until paperwork is turned in. Awful workplace. Run as fast as you can from this company.
Pros
you can make your own schedule
Cons
your schedule doesn't matter when you are bullied to work 7/7
Weigh the good and bad
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 30, 2014
Manager doesn't have a clue of what's going on with the patient's. Frequently receive emails requesting report on patient's that aren't on your case load. Typical day is nomadic. Co-workers are awesome for the most part. Hardest part of the job is the disorganization causes additional work for the clinicians.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unorganized, Not Computerized, Too Much Paper
Voted best place to work in PA.
HOME HEALTH AIDE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAApril 2, 2014
I am on the go from the time I step in the door until the time I leave.
I have learned about insurances and many aspects of Home Care.
We have good managers.
Great co workers
Hardest part of the job its 24/7.
Making the clients happy is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Great PTO time
Cons
Health Insurance is expensive.
Loved working with peers and clients
Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 12, 2013
My typical day at work would be coming in and working on the employee personnel and medical files. I learned a lot about medicare/medicaid, Kepro, and how the process works with new clients. Management was good. Very little supervision. My co-workers were great. We all got along well, and assisted one another when needed. The hardest part of my job was being thrown in with no clue, and no training. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping clients and answering any questions that was asked to their satisfactory.
Home Care Nursing
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 7, 2013
Provided nursing care to patient that are unable to leave their homes.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
16-18 hours a day 7 days a week ( No family time)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTHEASTERN HOME HEALTH SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7