Southeastern Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Disorganization
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 5, 2019
Too many friends working for management. Every employee goes to a buddy to get what they want. Too busy worrying about $30 when they are losing $800-900 procedures. Day they are all about customer service, but try to make patients happy and we all lose. Physicians are needy and get their way. Can't make money if they don't see patients.
Pros
Work days and times
Cons
Stressful
fun workplace and great staff
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 10, 2019
A typical day at work: Fast paced but still relaxed work environment.

What I learned: How to prep cook and work on a timely manner.

Management: Very hands on & professional.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
N/a
Understaff and underpaid
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 1, 2019
When u get to work look forward to be under staffed and over worked it’s like working at a rest home a lot of total care patients pay terrible for the hard nasty work you have to do some nurses are lazy and don’t offer to help nursing assistant if the pay was better maybe people wouldn’t mind working and keeping their job
Worst Place
CASE MANAGEMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 24, 2019
The people that work there are terrible people. I would not recommend this place to anyone that wants to apply here. plenty of employee on drugs and they like to gossip
the work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 24, 2019
i loved my typical day at work, for it was very busy and made my 12 hour shift go by fast. I learned a lot by working in the hospital and how to access patients needs . the work culture was not well balanced but worked out fine. the hardest part of my job was to lose a patient. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing great results from each patients.
Productive and safe environment
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 13, 2019
Even though my job position could get a little hectic the security would always come as soon as we call for them. Management is good, they just want everyone to abide by the rules like any other job. I would say they are pretty fair.
Pros
We are able to make our own schedule
Cons
As a sitter we didn’t get much of a break
na
Locum Tenens Physician (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJanuary 10, 2019
it was a good place to work, enjoyed it, i hope they need me back soon. work load is manageable, had backup if i needed it. i would recommend working there without a doubt
Stressful
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCOctober 11, 2018
I worked as a travel RN at this location. The hospital does not have very many resources as far as materials to care for patients. Travel RNs were not given access to telemetry software even though patients were on tele. And you could be placed as charge nurse with limited access.
it was a job
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 14, 2018
Nothing special. It was a full-time job with benefits. I worked in a department with poor management and it made things difficult for my coworkers and I. Management never wanted us to take time off. Very stressful environment with a high turnover rate.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
poor management
Review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 13, 2018
Fast-paced environment, taking care of patients with high to low acuity levels. At this job, prioritizing and time management was important. Management is wonderful.
Externship
Medical Assistant-Externship (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2018
Learn how to escort patient to a room, take their vitals, draw blood. Also to be trained to interact with people in different situations when it comes to treat a patient.
Productive job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 21, 2018
Working here was a great experience, The lab manager was easy to get along with. The supervisor over the phlebotomist was always causing problems for the 3 shift. There was always drama. overall the job was great. Enjoyed working at SRMC.
Pros
Working the different departments
Cons
The supervisor was all about drama
excellent
Emergency Department Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 20, 2018
Excellent place to work, it is a very busy place, but everyone works together to get what needs to be done completed. I enjoy working in the emergency department it fosters a great learning environment.
Busy ED
Emergency Room Tech (CNA ll) (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 20, 2018
Hit the floor running, its an very busy ED. on a typical day there's a lot of drug overdoses, psychiatric evaluations, and gun shot victims. I love working with the public.
Pros
job security
Cons
under staffed
Goal driven and fair place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 15, 2018
While working at SRMC I was a floor nurse. I worked 12 hours shifts with wonderful nurses and supervisors. If I had any concerns I had plenty of resources.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Short breaks
Fun job no pay
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 11, 2018
No pay work to hard and never had a easy day. It was always I job I wanted but I never figured the pay would be this low. I only get one paid vacation a yeee and I work none stop for no money.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Everything is to expensive
Good place to start
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 6, 2018
opportunity to learn, little opportunity for advancement. management varies depending on dept. benefits package good for entry level position. friendly coworkers.
Task dependent
Medical Technologist Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 2, 2018
Worked with a really good crew. We were very busy but was very efficient and worked as a great team. We took turns and rotated through all lab departments.
Productive and challenging at times.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJune 25, 2018
My time at work can be relaxing and sometimes challenging. I've learned to treat everyone the same no matter the circumstances. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone in pain and you know all you can do is try to comfort them. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to patients and putting a smile on their face.
I really enjoyed working there until recent. Management changed and not for the better.
MLT (ASCP) Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, OHMay 28, 2018
Hours have been cut past several months now there are pending lay offs. If hours were more secure I would stay because I really enjoy working with my coworkers.