Southeastern Tool & Die

Southeastern Tool & Die Employee Reviews

Decent
Upper management has their moments, one in one is great but company policy can be chaotic at times. Management is revamping the company policy and in need of good employees with relevant experience.
Don't
Do not bother coming here. You will be a number! I barely get paid! It's an awful and stressful environment that isn't going to change! I can't wait to find something else...
Extremely sad workplace
The owner of this company does not give two iotas about the employees and how many hours we work on the floor. I haven't seen my family in weeks with the exception of being able to sleep beside my significant other. Management doesn't care with the exception of the HR dude who brings out the best policies he can with little influence over the owner. I work an average of 85 hours a week with no appreciation along with my fellow peers. We slave away for the owners profit.
no leadership and language barrier
at first it was a great place to work and then i went out on medical leave and when i came back they had filled my job and placed me on the paint line with co workers that couldnt speak any english so i was lost for a week until i figured it out on my on.
Was told one thing after my 90 days and never received.
My work performance is excellent, perfect attendance throughout my 90 days... And still no raise!!! New hired employees start out making more than me in a department that make less than my department "welding"... The garden part is not being acknowledged about your performance,,, an easy day is completing a task.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Hard Working
A typical day at work includes working as a press operator and being active all day. I get one hour for lunch which includes our 15 min break. Daily I am put in stressful situations to produce a large amount of product, because I am paid on production.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits at all
Sadistic managers, horrible benefits, immoral owner
The CEO and senior managers are the types of people who buy brand new cars wear the wheels off of them and when they are done, toss them to the side, move on, and buy a new one (only they do this with people). There are tons of talented and great people who work here that are subjected to ridicule, unsafe work conditions, poor pay, and are often referred to directly as "drunk monkeys" by the CEO and senior managers. Quality, safety, and working conditions are all set aside to get parts out the door often deep into the night and hard working employees are often threatened with their job, livelihood, and ability to provide for their families. In summary, SETD is where creativity, talent, and teamwork all go to die.
Pros
Production workers are talented, down to earth, people
Cons
everything else
Manufacturing small parts
Machine shop work and press break work was not worth the low pay. Fabrication of special projects was the only benefit of the position.
Pros
Close to the house
Cons
Long hours low pay and managment that ruled by fear
Southeastern Tool & Die
Welded parts using a fixture or jig in the production department.
Got along well with co-workers.

Most enjoyable was the welding itself.
Good company to improve skills
I had a good experience at SETD. Manager supported my desire to learn and grow. Work/life environment is off balance but leadership seems to be working on adjusting. Great customers!
Pros
Encouraged to learn and grow
Cons
work/life balance not for everyone
Manufacturing
Good environment to work in hard work and fast pace.
The physical work was great for the soul but the job security is not great
Cons
no job security
Productive and outgoing co-workers.
Make sure my PPE is on before i go into the work area. Then i set up my welding machine. After that, I then check my table for scrap metals and if any place them in the metal tank. Last I start on my frames which consists of three weld beads about five inches long. I had to complete 250 on a 10hr shift. The hardest part of the job was leaving because I love to weld. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something I love to do.
Pros
free breakfast from hardees and free gatorade.
Cons
short breaks