Southeastern Traffic Supply
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Working at Southeastern Traffic Supply: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

paydaygoodmanagementjobworklongworking

Management at this company needs major upgrade. Company seems okay, but needs alot of work in the management department. Company needs to recruit new managers. In the field you get sent to a different location all the time too. This company won't last 10 years.

Great team

Tampa branch is mostly a big family from Flagger’s up to management , lots of co-workers willing to help each other. Long hours. I have learned a lot and received 3 certifications.

Southeastern Traffic Supply insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Great workplace with caring Management

It's been a great new experience in this field of work. I started working here in July/2021; I was given Employee of the Month for Sept for my hard work and dedication to the job at task. I was later given Employee of the Year for 2021. I appreciate the management staff here for acknowledging and appreciating my work ethics.

Chill but aggravating

long days at random double shifts sometimes outta town Sometimes job is for somebody with no real responsibilities and can handle working according to the weather at minimal pay

Wonderful job but the hours are ridiculous and Unknown

I really like STS but there’s a few things that has to be fixed at this job. Great if you have no life. Firstly, you don’t know when you’re going to get off. Secondly, you could be working 14 hours without a lunch break. Lastly, the training focuses on one part of the job, it’s a lot more once you actually start working.

Pros

You will definitely have work

Cons

There’s a chance you won’t get a lunch

The people

Very convenient but management sucks very bad in the office the the managers that work in the field do there best!! The regular employees aren’t compensated enough money for all the hard work they do.Used to be a awesome company when it 1st opened up but the people they put in management will run the regular employees away

Pros

A lot of hours

Cons

Management is there downfall wrong people in the office

Ups and downs

It has its ups and downs. Management has their good days and bad days. Pays less than other MOT companies but was more Lenient until recently. Every day a handful of people call out. Was very short staffed for a while. You will have days where you only work 3 hours and some 17 hours. You know what time you start but you dont have a specific time to end (depends on job being done). You can clock in 10 minutes early but if you clock in right at time told to come in, you are Considered late. Example: you are told to come in at 6am, so you can clock on at 5:50am but if you clock in at 6am you are late. You can go from MOT Basic to TEAM LEAD quickly and get a $2 raise. And you will be outside all day!!!!! Thats a given for directing traffic. If it’s raining you might not work that day. Also some jobs are out of town so you get $20 a day extra for out of town. And you can only do the exact speedlimit in company vehicles.

Pros

Overtime, move up quickly

Cons

Rainy days, on time late

Hard work

As long as you work hard and don’t be complacent. Show up on time. Drive and operate safely. This job is for you. Management will always look out for you as long as you give them a reason to keep you.

Pros

Always busy, traveling a lot, friendly environment

Cons

Might work in the rain (rare)

Overtime but no structure

There’s no advancing in this company. They will bring in a new person to fill a major spot before they advance a dedicated worker. There’s no pto if you aren’t a manager and there’s only 7 of those out of 130 employees. There’s no consistency nor structure

Pros

Overtime is good as long as the weather holds

Cons

The entire job

Horrible place

Horrible place. Job doesn’t care about you growing with the company. Pay is horrible for how much they want you to work. No pto days. Management does not try and help you at all!

Pros

Flexible work

Cons

No breaks, bad pay for extreme work

Horrible company

Management is the worst and pay is minimum and benefits or perks no paid sick day only health care worst location ever I tried to switch to another branch but that’s a big no no

Great place

Its a good job with good people you go out every day sometimes on a new job site sometimes on the same one but you learn how to control traffic in a safe manor while enjoyingthe good weather outside with awesome people.

Very easy in outgoing

Very nice company to work for, just you do alot of standing that saw after easy job. The schedule are from 5 to 6 or 7 at night not bad at all the pay is not that good but you make alot of overtime.

Productive fast paced inviroment

A great company to work for, with the opportunity to travel and relocate. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, work in inclement weather get along with and work along side of 100 plus people.

Wouldn’t recommend

I have been at this company for a year and a few months no raise yet started off working 40 plus hrs a week then dropped down to 20-35 until they begged me to work out of town m-f did that for six months came back to Tampa for a while needless to say I’m lucky if I get 14 hrs a week but yet we have people getting overtime

Worst experience I've ever had. Complete unprofessionals

The entire company is a mess from GA branch to Tampa FL branch and the Tampa Manager is complete idiot as well as a liar...drinks so much at night that he cant make it to work on time but will attempt to take credit for everyone elses good work. Do not apply to this company!

Pros

Cons

All of it

Good Part Time Job

Dont go in expecting to be able to work everyday. Its dependent upon another companies availability and work conditions. If it rains or snows there will be less jobs. If your crew that your flagging for finishes you will most likely have Friday's off. Will not pay all your your bills

Long, boring, unsatisfying work with bad management.

If you're looking for a company that does not train you properly, will lie to you, has favoritism, overall have no interest in you, and job that is monotonous, and surly will get you nowhere in life? Southeastern Traffic Supply is the company to apply for!

Pros

None.

Cons

Culture, pay, work, management.

Dont work here if you dont know what you are getting yourself into.

The company management doesn't utilize the employees correctly. The company culture is more focused on keeping the clients happy, but there is also a certain amount of favoritism to certain employees because of prior relationships with the management at a previous company. If there is a weather issue not only will you get cancelled from work the day you a working, it may also effect your ability to work days after as well if the client goes on storm. You may have to ride 3 to a truck everyday, without space and comfort. This is not a company anyone should attempt to work for if you have financial responsibilities you are obligated to. Management will enforce all policies that you fall short of following. However, if the company does something to effect your pay, don't expect them to help you out unless you are one of their favorite workers. If it's not in writing, don't believe the management about anything they claim you will get.

They do not care for their employees

They do not stand behind their employees and they care less to give them raises as hard as they work. The Company does not have the employees best interest at heart.

Weird company

Long story short the job sucks. You never know when you'll have a job. They pretty much have you work day to day, meaning you never know if you will be working the next day because there is no schedule. They text you if you'll be working the next day and if they dont text you, then you aint working. Its impossible to make plans outside of work because there is no schedule you just have to wait for the text to come in if you're working the next day or not. Also the person they had me on a job site with was clearly on heroin or some kind of opiate. He was nodding off and talking gibberish while we was on break and I have a brief video of him nodding off in the truck while he was driving me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southeastern Traffic Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits