SoutheastHealth

SoutheastHealth Employee Reviews

No comment
Its a ok company to work for im hoping to retire from here.i really didn't like it when they went to 12hr shifts but we had to do it.some management on the staff needs to learn how to talk to people.But over all its a good company to work for
Extremely high department turnover.
This department has an extremely high turnover rate, work life balance is very poor and the upper management doesn't know what they are doing! Morale is very low, working with the patients is what keeps me here. Even though I give 100% to my job every day, I feel very unappreciated by management, I feel the hospital overall is very unstable.
Pros
Benefits and helping patients.
Cons
Poor management!
Great Place to work
This is a great place to work. Life happens and flexibility is really not an option. The Social Work Department has many turnovers. The typical day is busy. ER is constantly moving
Chronically understaffed
Chronically understaffed, and I was asked to tell patients I had experience performing skills I did not feel comfortable or have sufficient training to perform.
Awful
Dangerously understaffed, putting lives at risk all for the almighty dollar. No recognition for outstanding employees. Pay was pathetic for a nurse. Incredibly stressful.
Cons
Understaffed
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Company has to much favoritism
Company has to much favoritism and if you make a mistake quite often they fire you over it. Even if you are dependable and gets lots of compliments from patients and family. Would not recommend this company
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
You are only a number to them not a real person
Stressful but rewarding
Great place to work. Working in a hospital is stressful due it being patient care you work with, but they are also the rewarding part of the job. Management is great, they stretch the boundaries for their employees. Employees are the ungrateful ones. They don't appreciate what they have as whole in their job with the benefits.

I've been on both sides of regular employee and management with Southeast. As an employee, i had no issues. Management is difficult due to your employees attitude they bring.
Pros
Benefits, great work environment
Cons
Employees negativity for no reason
Culture trumps all else
A real family feel. You can actually find and talk to leaders no matter their role AND they listen. Very progressive care delivery (complex patients) for a mid-sized hospital.
Pros
Approachable leaders, family feel, excellent care
Typical work day with learning everyday.
Patient ratios weren't the best. Pay could be better for everyone. Healthcare has become more about money than patient care. The people i worked with were always there to help and provide assistance.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Patient staff ratio, pay
Great Place to Work Overall
HR is a little cooky. Their orientation classes get told different things every other week. Most of your learning and the knowledge you keep should be done on the unit.
Pros
Benefits, great job
Cons
HR is overbearing and has no clue what they are doing
Wonderful Company
I loved working for Southeast Health. It was a great company to work for with a friendly atomsphere and co workers who cared. I wish i couldve moved the hospitlal with me.
Great place to work.
Family like atmosphere, caring co-workers, patient oriented staff. Opportunity for advancement was available and annual raises were regularly given on the merit system. Healthcare benefits very affordable and coverage was great.
Pros
Co-workers and caring staff
Cons
I have none to mention
Comfortable Work Environment
During my time at Southeast I felt very prepared and that I had all the support I needed. Working as a registered nurse that is so very important. I always had the resources and staff that I needed to do my job well and the support of the administration.
Great place to start
I loved working at Southeaat. It was my first nursing job and I learned a lot in my first few years. It is a fast paced environment. Staff is amazing as working together as a team.
Pros
Gym discount, amazing staff, good benefits
Great place to advance your career
Southeast Health is a wonderful facility to work at while advancing nursing career. I spent most of my time there as a nurse in the Emergency Department.
Southeast Hospital located in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, is a general, full-service, acute care hospital that provides inpatient and outpatient service
Southeast Health is a Not-for Profit Organization serving a diverse, wide community in the southeast Missouri area. Emergency Department is staffed with very competent doctors that service not only injuries and illnesses, but behavior health as well.
Cape Girardeau Primary care physicians were awesome
Southeast Health Care in Cape Girardeau, Mo (primary care physicians) and NP office was included in the every day function of the office and in communication with other providers
Pros
Meals were free
Cons
Distance driving to and from work daily
Southest hiring process is extremely difficult for the salaries it gives to nonclinical employess.
Poor management, understaffed. Too many unnecessary meetings. If you can deal with this not a bad place to work. Salaries need to be more competitive.
Pros
Average benefits, discounted lunch
Cons
Poor management, understaffed
Stressful place with very little managerial support
Very busy day requiring juggling of time and priorities. Often dinner and breaks were forgone as the amount of people flowing in and out of the ER department was unable to be kept up with with only one person working.
Very hard to address people that are very worried and sometimes barely coherent to obtain patient information and insurance information. Unable to obtain this necessary information at times due to patient not compliant or unable to relay information.
Pros
Earned time off if you are full time employee
Cons
manager support poor, often questions were not able to be answered due to no one to ask
Easy and laid back
This job is a set routine every day! I love it! My coworker and I have found that a routine works best for us to be able to leave on time. It does have it's slow moments, I would use those times to work on my homework for my courses.
Pros
Steady and predictable, free food ocassionally, dress code isnt too strict, steady schedule.
Cons
Not many hours a week
Pay/Advancements
Even if you do your job well (or other people's jobs along with your own), you will not be compensated via salary for your hard works. There are a lot of places to work within Southeast; however, not many career advancement opportunities unless you are a or have Registered Nurse background...other sciences? Don't bother.
Pros
great PTO, great hours (depending where you are)
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoutheastHealth. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9