Southern Airways Express
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Working at Southern Airways Express: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

managementworktimejobplacegreatpaysouthern

Its easy to learn and the staff is nice

They under pay their staff, they dont ever have enough staff, don't work with employees schedules, over work their staff. Upper management is very doesn't know how to have their stations ran

Pros

Cons

Under payed, do not work with employees schedules, don't provide a break room for their staff

Very poor communication

This company is very poor on communication and very disorganize They pay well but that's about it. They definitely do not encourage honesty with customers

Southern Airways Express insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Management will throw you under the bus

Management is very poor!! No response ability!! Lot's of timecard fraud at LAX . You are usually doing an entire shift alone. You have travel benefits, but can't get the time off to use them

Pros

It's a job

Cons

No support

worked for very short period

There was lot to learn, it is great company to start job. you will know every thing from top to bottom in aviation. This helps a lot and provides lot of spaces to learn new things.

Not worth the pay for the work

It is not worth the pay. They don’t hire on at full time. There is no room for advancement unless you lose someone. The management will let costumers walk all over you. The pilots can be very vulgar and rude. 30 minutes of training then you are staring a plane down on the tarmac.

Sucks

I worked there for a very short time and this is the worst airline I’ve ever worked for. The direct customer service supervisor was AMAZING but upper management is horrible. THE PAY IS NOT WORTH IT! And you will never receive a raise and you will be constantly harassed by upper management. Customer help desk is rude and this company will never appreciate their employees. Worst experience of my life.

Pros

Cons

Underpaid, understaffed, under appreciated, overworked, zero respect, horrible upper management.

Short staffed- workload doesn’t reflect pay

They didn’t want to hire full time workers because they didn’t want to pay the required health/ dental benefits. Instead they overworked their part time workers. Work environment was toxic with name calling being the norm. Their Hawaii stations are severely understaffed and overworked with mediocre pay

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

Healthcare, Overworked

Not worth working there for the drama that reside

Supervisor and coworkers at the station was unprofessional to guest and coworkers. Issues with other employees was not being addressed and pushed to the side. Training at the counter wasn’t every explanatory, they would just throw you on the counter and make you feel overwhelmed in hopes to make you fail, Seen it happen to an employee. If you know what you’re doing, the other workers will slack off and make you do all the work, while they cruise or talk stories. Not worth the pay and time I put into a job.

Bad management

Bad management. Don’t care about employees. Favorite certain people. They fire people no reasons. If you’re a smart person don’t work for this company. Kahului station is main station of Southern Airways Express. They already picked someone to fill in this position. Don’t waste your time to apply. It’s just a show. There isn’t opening for this position.

Pros

Flight benefits

Cons

Bad management, low pay

Poor management

Poor working conditions. No paid parking, no company uniforms, no on site supervisor, management expects you to violate FARs, few quality co-workers, no future for cramped C208 aircraft due to Covid panic.

Pros

little to no work responsibilities or management supervision

Cons

verbally abusive, incompetent and untrustworthy co-workers

Great place to work, it involves everything you will do you whole career in the aviation industry. You deal with weather, people and machines. I recommend taking it seriously. Its a great job overall.

Unprofessional

Awful place to work. Very unprofessional. I don’t know how they get or keep anyone to work there. Dead end job. Would not recommend working here to anyone.

Great place to build hours...get your time and get out.

Southern Airways Express in a phenomenal way to build flight time quickly. Communication is lacking between pilots and management, base placement is poor, work/life balance is not good unless you live in base. Some awesome people work here, and again a great time building opportunity but not somewhere that I would want to work long term.

Unprofessional Manager

Unprofessional, Racist and flat out inappropriate comments would be coming out of this manager’s mouth almost every day. Other than that it’s a good place to work for.

Pros

Fun, peaceful and engaging place to work

Cons

Inappropriate conduct in Manager

The good

Great company and great people to work with, get to interact with different kind of people everyday as passengers and it has been fun,the management is excellent

Pros

Opportunities to learn

Loved the work

I really enjoyed my passengers and pilots. Pay was awful but I loved the people I met. I hated making calls to passengers to remind them to make their flight. Nobody takes responsibility for their own laziness. Hard not to tell them off when they got there late. Would still be there except I have to have surgery that would not allow me to live 50 pounds.

Fantastic Place to work, opens many doors.

Seriously, though! I often think I've got the best job in the world. And if for whatever reason I have to move on, the skills I've learned here, both from the company's training and from my manager sharing his experience, pretty much guarantee me a job at any airline. And the travel benefits are AWESOME!

No advancement

If you're looking for a part time job at minimum wage with zero benefits that requires an FBI background check, look no further! Super fun job made bad by a lazy manager.

It was a great place to work for me.

I would recommend them for part-time employee and benefits. I don't have anything else anywhere someone works they like what they like so for me to tell my story doesn't matter I feel like everybody needs to experience things for themselves.

Bad management

Terrible place to work. They are always understaffed. The manager is never around and he doesn't care about the day to day operations of the company. They let the supervisors run the place.

The Company has come a long way

Honestly, when I first started, my review probably would have been very critical. But being here for 2 years I have seen how much the company has grown. Management now makes fewer stupid decisions and lines of communication have really opened up. Pay is good as a captain, maintenance does a good job considering the age of the planes, you build hours quickly and your coworkers are great. Scheduling is very flexible and if you help out the scheduler by picking up shifts he will help you out down the road as well. There is no real incentive to stay here however, although I wish there were ( no bonuses or raises)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Airways Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits