Southern Arkansas University Employee Reviews

Great students at SAU
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMarch 28, 2019
I love educating students. I worked with some great people at SAU. I worked from 8-5, sometimes taking work home in the evenings and weekends. Great place to work.
Pros
summer off
Cons
long hours sometimes
Productive and relaxed
Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMarch 14, 2019
I worked at the front desk of the dorms, it was very relaxed. Your main job was to sign in and out the residents guest that they brought in. Because it was a work study job we were able to work on our classwork while on the job.
Productive and Fun
Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMarch 6, 2019
You meet new people, you can get homework done! A good job for college students! You can talk to others while you work, eat your lunch, and its a very simple job.
Pros
You can finish homework
Take it or Leave it
Student (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMarch 5, 2019
People are great to work with, but the hiring process takes forever. Whether you are a student worker or trying for a full time position. You get a discount on school so that is always a positive if you want to further your education.
I was a student and worked for them as a student worker.
Pros
Kind people and discount on education
Cons
Na
Good wookplace
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJanuary 23, 2019
Workplace was good. Co-workers worked well with each other. Everyone worked in an organized fashion. Would consider a desk assistant position to someone.
Pros
You can work around class schedule
Cons
No health care
Good Experience
Alumni Center Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJanuary 17, 2019
Southern Arkansas University takes care of its students. They are very flexible on schedules and are understanding when things come up. While looking for a job, this was a great place to work in the meantime.
Productive and Challenging
Student Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJanuary 2, 2019
Very challenging when it comes to making sure all of the students get the information they need from our department and the other departments we deal with on the regular.
Work was enjoyable and easy to process
Supervised maintenance staff (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARDecember 15, 2018
It’s a great place to work and have many fields you can move in to since you’ll be working on the campus itself. I enjoyed work my experience there, by watching and be observant I was able to pick up many traits
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Filled withdifferent cultures of people great place to work.
Students Accounts Counselor (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARNovember 27, 2018
I waited on students, I answered phones and managed the Student Accounts email account. Processed weekly refunds for loans, ad scholarships. I processed waives for Faculty and staff along with Bowie County waivers. The hardest part of my job was lack of communication with leadership, when rules were changed our department was normally the last to be notified. The rules were enforced and yet changed without notification. Long endless hours and during peek times (beginning of semester) lack of staff.
Pros
The ability to service others
Cons
Short staff
Southern Arkanas University
Student Worker - Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARNovember 12, 2018
SAU is a wonderful place to work. Everyone greets you with a smiling face and is willing a ready to help you at any given moment. I enjoyed my employment there. There is no place like home.
A great place for working students.
Bus Driver/Driver (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARAugust 14, 2018
The environment at SAU is great for students. They are flexible in scheduling and they care about your success. It is a very calm environment with friendly people.
Case Consulatnt
DCO Case Consultant (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJuly 11, 2018
This position was a grant position. The job entailed assisting TEA case manager with TEA cases to better assist clients from DHS. Position consisted of case reviews, talking to the TEA clients ensuring their needs were meet and that they understood about time limit of their cases. The most enjoyable was meeting the clients and visiting different DHS offices and learning how the TEA case management actually worked.
Pros
Flexibility of the job
Cons
Extensive travel
desk worker
Front Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMay 7, 2018
I usually worked hours past sign in times. Mostly sat at desk working on homework. Can get hours most of the time, but workers were not always available to cover shifts.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
no one willing to cover shifts
Awesome for college student
Student Work Study Program (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARApril 28, 2018
The hours were fair and didn't interfere with my studies that much at all. very flexible and helped me to make a little extra money for groceries while in school.
Teach
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARApril 18, 2018
I had the benefit of being a Teacher Assistant for two amazing Mathematics instructors on campus. This student worker experience was very fun and the instructor's had many innovative and refreshing ideas to boost Math interest on campus!
great atmosphere
Postal Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARApril 16, 2018
SAU is a great place for employment. SAU gave me the opportunity that I need to expand my job skills. Management is very easy to work with as long as you do your job as an SAU employee.
Pros
gives opportunity for entry level employees
Cons
the position that i currently hold is part time
I was graduate Assistant to the President.
Graduate Assistant to the Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARApril 16, 2018
I oversaw the President Ambassadors. I assisted with grant writing for the Reynolds Center. I was responsible for reserving all of the facilities on campus and any assistance needed.
Pros
Fun, collaborative environment
Cons
non
Great first workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMarch 24, 2018
The managers were very helpful whenever you had questions, and were always as flexible with work hours. The job can be intimidating at first, but after a week everything will be like second nature.
Pros
No overdue charges
Cons
Lots of responsibility
A typical day
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJanuary 31, 2018
I arrived at the office before 8:00 am and I usually left after 6:00 pm. The most enjoyable part of the day was advising students. The difficult part was working with faculty.
Pros
Financial support for professional development activities
Cons
Being asked to do overloads...being criticized for overloads.
Resident Assistant Responsiblities
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJanuary 24, 2018
Productive and fun day working with residents included creating programs to enhance learning and college experience. Resident Assistants are also responsible for providing and maintaining paperwork on residents of the building. Residents Assistants also provide emotional help when needed it.