Southern Bancorp

Southern Bancorp Employee Reviews

Best bank ever!
Best customer service, best customers, best management, best atmosphere, best everything. Southern Bancorp is the best company to work for not only for the benefits but the relationships with your coworkers are lifelong.
Horrible place
If you want to work with a drama filled facility then this is your place. This place has been very rude and judgmental. It would be a great place if they would pay more and get rid of the drama causers.
Productive and fun workplace
I really enjoy working with Southern Bancorp, I think it an a great workplace, you have great people there. It's a great company to work for. I am wanting to explore my options and seek to fulfill in the medical field.
Pros
Fun and varies activities, milage
Cons
Short lunches, less pay rates.
Fun Workplace
It's great place to work at. People are very friendly and helpful. There are meetings held where you can meet other people that work at the other Southern Bancorp sites. Its just a great place to work. I'm actually part the the Deposit Ops group and I maintenance accounts. Anything from changing addresses, deleting and removing customers from accounts, I also work with wiring money in and out. This is a typical day for me. I love what I do it's just a great place to work.
It’s a enjoyable place to work at.
I’m only leaving Southern Bancorp because of job relocation for my spouse in the Little Rock Arkansas area. Southern Bancorp is a bank that focus on wealth building throughout the community with its employees being the prime example.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Southern Bancorp really cares about helping others. They try to be involved in community activities. Work environment wasn't stressful. Top management cares about employees. Health benefits were decent good.
Pros
good atmosphere, good hours
Cons
pay raises are not much
Great place with Great Mission
I interned at Southern Bancorp during the summer of 2017 and I was very pleased with my experience there. Their mission of helping underdeveloped community go hand and hand with the closeness felt between the employees and their clients.
Teller
This was my first job that I liked and still like to this day. Their was some days where it could be hectic. But in all this job taught me a lot. It taught me how to multitask, customer service skills, and more.
Growing Pains
Good work environment in a small bank that was top heavy in management. I was a commercial lender that had topped out in pay and job category. I was a stressful environment for a lender while others kind of floated along.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress
Amazing working place
Southern Bancorp was my absolute favorite job I have ever had. The only reason I had to leave was because I moved out of state. I was very sad to have to leave such an amazing company and group of people.
Pros
amazing environment to work in, The manager there is awesome.
stressful
very stressful work environment. job was full of tension. co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. typical day at work was providing best customer service to customers as possible with processing their transactions.
Teller
As a teller I was responsible for the day to day transitions of currency between the customers and the bank such as taking in money, handing out money after verifying signatures, and taking loan payments.
Fun & Great Place
The staff and customers are very great. I've been here 11 years and it's just a second home to me. Southern Bancorp is about changing lives and building communities. That's exactly what we do
I love the place it is very professional and comfortable.
I learn technical skills.
I did a lot of communication skills.

Expose to the banking industry.

I will come in and look to see what every person that work at the bank does for a living. I look at bank tellers, assistant, loans etc.
Pros
Friendly Staff and Good working hours
Productive and very comfortable environment
My last supervisor exceeds excellence. She is the ideal image of a supervisor. I wish i could clone her!! My co workers are more like family. I also miss and love my customers.
busy bank job with wonderful customers
- counting money for money till
- how to count large amounts of money correctly

- my manager was wonder but the other managers I was not crazy about

-too much women gossip

-running work for the end of the day transactions

-helping customers and payday for customers I loved counting large amounts out to customers
Pros
good benifits
Cons
never did a write up, jump to conclusions to quick without doing adiquit researching of the issue
Southern Bancorp is a growing company that is true to it's mission which is building communities, changing lives.
I loved that Southern Bancorp was a close nit organization, my co-workers were like family. A typical work day would be providing teller and customer service to 100-200 people daily.
Transaction department at Southern Bancorp
My day is fast pace but repetitous. I have to be able to multi task while configuring reports, logging information on a spread sheet, gathering information to submit to loan department etc. The hardesdt part of my job is reviewing/inputting wires. I have learned so mauch about the types of transactions and the causes of what can make a transaction be rejected. I love the work environment that I am in. My boss is a very good teacher.She always eager to show me new tasks and always encouraging and praising me for a job well done.
Pros
Have a 1hr lunch, 401k plan
Cons
raises
Very Nice Financial institution to work for
I enjoyed my years at Southern. Great place to work! I just chose to further my education in a different area.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Bancorp. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2