Southern California Association of Governments Employee Reviews

No special projects
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Did not have a chance to interact with others to be able to make a good and honest evaluation of the working environment. I was just confined to my own work.
Excellent
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2017
Most recently, I worked at Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG), which provided me with a great opportunity to learn and become proficient in SAS and GIS software.
Pros
Work environment and opportunity to learn
Cons
Far from my home
Great Work/Life Balance and Telework
Sr. Programmer Analyst/Project Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2016
Overall, SCAG is a great place to work. Great 9/80 schedule, including telework. Awesome benefits as well. There is job security in all departments, excepting IT; which, most of the time, does not hire full time employees. If one can steel themselves for the every 3-6 month contract renewal, it can be a very good place to work. If one is lucky enough to capture the elusive full-time position, sit tight and never leave.
Pros
9/80, Benefits, Telework, Great Work Life Balance
Cons
Some job insecurity for IT resources..Other than that, it is a wonderful place to work.
Favorite job ever
Office Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
Typical day included data entry, helping retrieve & return folders, xeroxing, scanning, conducting phone surveys & assisting other departments with various clerical duties. My supervisor was great & a joy to work for...very helpful & easy to approach with questions. Had great working relationships with most co-workers & thoroughly enjoyed my job. I learned how a public agency operates & how to multi-task more than ever, as I had many different tasks at times.
Pros
Job location, many lunch & dinner options, every other Friday off, casual wear on Fridays
Cons
None...with the exception that I wish I was still there.
Work as an Intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2014
SCAG is a great place to work and learn. They teach you something valueable. As an intern, though, some of the works are similar, you might need to find a way to improve yourself.
Internships
IT Intern, IT Application Development Department (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Great for grad students in general, but overall good work for interns.
Teaching environment. Nice people.
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2013
Great place to learn. Very nice people. I learned a lot about HR and the dynamics of a government operation.