Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

SCE is a world of opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2018
Hundreds of different types of Jobs/Career paths available. I took advantage of many of those. I highly recommend Edison. They invest in their employees.
Pros
Competitive pay, great benefits, many opportunities for growth, college reimbursement. THe list goes on.
Cons
A lot of management structural changes for flavor of the month.
Challenging
Nuclear Control Room Reactor Operator (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Every day was different. Dealt with a culture that was changing as fast as the management. Expectations were high and efficiency was expected. Policies and programs were changing making it difficult to stay on top of work load.
Benefits
Cons
Work load was excessive.
Hostile, oppressive, environment in TMO group within EP&M
Operations (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CADecember 25, 2018
You will almost immediately regret accepting a position within the TMO group within EP&M.

Workplace culture is hostile, you are expected to "listen and obey". They like submissive types who say little and do as told and hire to meet there demographic hiring quotas. Pay attention at the interview and you will see what I mean.

You MUST and you are EXPECTED to .. they like you to know they are the boss and control your salary and thereby think your life. Listen and obey or they will RIF (reduction in force) you.

Read some of the other negative reviews and you will get a good sense of what you are signing up for.

If you are unemployed and need a job take it otherwise you are best to keep looking as this is a utility that is in sharp decline. It is constantly going through RIF's and has some very hostile personnel that you will be stuck working with.

All I can say is "I warned you and I told you so".
Pros
Salary is descent although don't expect much in future raises
Cons
Hostile work environment working with some really bad, ugly people!
Great pay but job security is now questionable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Given the current climate at SCE, job security isn't guaranteed. Although I enjoy working at an organization that is buttoned up and follows processes, SCE needs to be more flexible and have more compassion for it's employees. It's very focused on getting results and needs to also focus on the journey to those results.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
layoffs and potential layoffs
Not a great work culture is followed
Senior IT Specialist Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAOctober 25, 2018
Southern California Edison used to be a great company. I hear now that work environment is hostile and culture of fear of loosing jobs is at work.
I hear moral is low and it is a professionally a toxic work environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad management
Customer Service Position
Customer Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 27, 2018
It was a great job, with amazing benefits but there was no room for growth if you start at the call center. There were a number of highly qualified employees, with substantial work experience and education that were continuously passed over for positions. Also, I interviewed for a corporate position and was told that they generally don't interview employees from customer service, which seemed oddly bias.
Benefits
Cons
Growth
Lots of opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAOctober 18, 2018
Overall, it’s a good company. There have been huge cuts resulting in employee layoffs, thankfully things have settled down. There are many areas of opportunity to advance your career.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to advance, Decent salaries and benefits, Annual bonuses (percentage varies based on position)
Cons
Benefits offered have changed (reduced) for new hires. Some managers are horrible leaders. .
would love to work here again
Distribution Operations Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2018
Great pay. Team atmosphere. Challenging and rewarding. Can be busy and faced paced. Opportunites for training and promotion. Flexibilty. Worked with good people. Opportunites to learn and engage are plentiful.
Pros
good salary
Cons
rotating shifts
Was a very good company to work for.
Plant Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 2, 2018
SCE was on par with pay and benefits. Good management from the bottom to the top. Opportunities for advancement were limited. Other than they closed the plant down that I worked at, my experiences with this company was very good.
Pros
Pay and befefits were up to industry standards, Good management from the top to the bottom, Liked the people that I worked with and the area that I lived.
Cons
Advanecement was limited, Rotating shifts, is a job title standard though.
Great Benefits
Technical Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 24, 2018
Overall work environment is good. Very good benefits! I wish the team did more projects. Most of the day is spent at my desk. Management is easy going and everyone gets along well.
Executive Assistant to the CIO (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 1, 2018
Culture at Edison is very toxic and cut-throat and if you can handle it then go for it. Salaries, benefits, PTO is excellent and depending which department you're in, it can be a good experience, however, overall, the company pays and provides good benefits for their employees.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management and culture
My experience at Edison was an overall good experience. The pay and benefits were the best and I had many opportunies for advancement.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 27, 2018
overall a great experience. Many opportunities but over the past ten years have been more challenging with outsourcing.. Always wondered when they were going to let me go due to reduction in force.
benefits
Cons
stressful
I learned a lot working at SCE
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 16, 2018
I worked at the call center for SCE for almost 6 years. The benefits were good and I really liked that it was easy to get time off of work. I was fast paced and very stressful and micromanaged. Management was very professional and knowledgeable. The only reason I left was because it was extremely difficult to get out of the call center. The only people that seemed to get new opportunities were those with family in higher positions. I must have applied for 100 jobs and tested for a few and even passed but never got 1 interview. Yet, I was utilized in leadership within the call center. The other factor was that there were lay offs going on, throughout the company and lots of negative changes over the last couple of years that I was there so the moral became very negative. I learned a lot and over all, enjoyed my professional experience for the majority of the time I was there.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedules
Cons
Pay and high stress environment
Evolving Industry over 25 years
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 30, 2018
I worked my way up through the company over the course of 25 years. They do give your the opportunity to advance and invest in training their employees. However the industry is undergoing disruption and to remain an industry leader they are trying to find their way. This is bringing changes to their overall employee benefits. In spite of the changes, it's still a solid company.
Pros
Training, benefits, paycheck
Cons
Disruptive industry
Company Led by Amazing Executive Staff
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
It was amazing to work for this company while I was there. They provide such an exciting and essential service to Southern California. Excellent salary, benefits and training opportunities. Company work environment fluctuates and was in a growth period during the time I was there. A few years after I left they began to outsource many of the teams, including my old group. I actually bid on the work several years later working as a manager for a private firm.
Camaraderie is good within securitys officers
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 30, 2018
Great people to work with. Fun loving and do their jobs well. Training is excellent and realistic. Benefits for the company are outstanding. Yearly raises and profit sharing is an additional plus.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
long days at work
Great Place to Work
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 7, 2018
I received most of my expert training with Southern California Edison. Some of the best foremen and supervisors you would every want. Good place to work. Great team work. Awesome benefits and retirement plans
Pros
Awesome expert training
Cons
Can't think of anything
Long hours of 40-120 hours a week were mandatory
Grid Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work if you like long hours. Depending on what you want to do for a career. Some positions would require you to travel out of town. All depends on the circumstances
Pros
Lots of hours of you want them.
Cons
Takes away from family life
Edison not for families
Project/Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 23, 2018
Edison's culture does not trickle down to its employees. So many people had to come back to work after retirement because they lost their pension in the stock crash. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
Productive place to work with great benefits.
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMay 6, 2018
I worked at San Onofre for 9 years. It was a great place to work. I had the opportunity to work in every capacity as a Nuclear Security Officer up to the position of Upgrade Supervisor and Adversary. I enjoyed my employment there, however, with the drawdown and closure of the plant I decided to take the severence package.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The plant closure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern California Edison. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight