Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best work ethics with encouraging people surrounded atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 13, 2018
Southern california edison gives a freedom to the employees to analyse and troubleshoot technical issues and resolve them in the creative way.

They don't force too much to get the solution right away rather we will learn the new technology and resolve the technical issue
Pros
Work ethics
Cons
Employee job stabilization is not up to what mentioned in the contract
Liked the Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 5, 2018
I liked working here, was a big pain to get the job, and a very long training process. Again the rest is filler because indeed makes you fill this stuff out.
Great Place for Advancement
Project Manager/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 1, 2018
Great opportunities to advance with the ability to work from home when needed. You are given the tools and resources to succeed with available training and skilled courses.
Not the company it used to be
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 25, 2018
Recent years have seen a decline in the loyalty to employees that SCE used to be known for.

You'll be lost in the crowd for the most part, but it's very hard to be fired unless it's for an ethical violation of some kind. On the down side, you'll work with low performers that work just hard enough to NOT be fired for years and years.

I spent most of my time with SCE working on internal requirements; reports made so that someone within the company could check a box, rather than substantial work that might have improved our work product. It was not particularly fulfilling.
Very busy environment, lots of job opportunities
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAMay 23, 2018
Workplace culture was challenging throughout the many years I worked for SCE. Learned about managing projects, programs, team leadership, and various other office-related skills.
Productive place to work with great benefits.
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMay 6, 2018
I worked at San Onofre for 9 years. It was a great place to work. I had the opportunity to work in every capacity as a Nuclear Security Officer up to the position of Upgrade Supervisor and Adversary. I enjoyed my employment there, however, with the drawdown and closure of the plant I decided to take the severence package.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The plant closure
Technology profile
SAP Basis Lead (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 6, 2018
Progressive technology roadmap , invests in new technology , good place to learn new concepts and gain experience in the latest technology and products
Pros
Oppurtunity to work in new technology
Fun place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAMay 5, 2018
SCE is a great stepping stone. Interaction with different parts of the company and branches. People friendly and helpful. Enough work to keep busy. I enjoy the work.
too stressful for the money
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 28, 2018
Good pay for a call center however, you're always worried about losing your job every month. Your calls are monitored by QA. If you happen to get a QA person who is new or on a power trip,you will get low scores & can lose your job for not saying a few words. The training is fast paced,pass or fail. It's a ton of information&you are tested every few weeks & must meet a passing percentage or you will get fired.
Pros
good pay
Cons
high stress, too much to learn, no communication, many egos
Edison not for families
Project/Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 23, 2018
Edison's culture does not trickle down to its employees. So many people had to come back to work after retirement because they lost their pension in the stock crash. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
Great and fun place to work for.
Mail Courier and shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAApril 16, 2018
I was very busy every day delivering mail to the employees and also print outs to them. I pick up the employees from the different buildings and take them to other buildings they need to go to. I always trained alot of mail couriers and shuttle drivers for Edison.
Relaxed Intern Experience
Professional Trainee / Intern (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAApril 15, 2018
Managers were helpful and friendly. Workload fluctuates, and sometimes things were a bit slow.

I learned a lot throughout my time there, and will draw on that experience later on.
Sce
Software Packager Manager Assistant, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 12, 2018
SCE is a great place to work.... It's just too far from our home, but the work environment and management team is sold. I don't have any complaints at this point.
Good Benefits but no work life balance
Strategic Portfolio Architect (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 8, 2018
Good benefits but the work environment can be very stressful. I would recommended for Benefits but you have to learn how to play the political game in order to make life easier.
Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
Busy corntractor office. Sce is a great company to work for. Learned customer service is key. Worked with a great group
Designer 2 (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 6, 2018
Retired. Ready to go back to work . Looking for a great place to enjoy working. Sce is a great company to work for. Treat employee's with respect. Great Benefits. My group was the best.
Pros
Discount electric
Cons
No cons
Great to be outside.
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAApril 4, 2018
I loved working at SCE, It was fun working outside dealing with customers, I worked with great guys, my manager was awesome he was really helpful, and had your back.
Pros
Being outside
Cons
Walking a lot.
Best plan in the world to work if great pay and benefits is what you are looking for.
Field Accountant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 27, 2018
Southern California Edison, best job I ever had in my life when it came to income and benefits. When it comes to passion it would be Medical the field for me. Edison will allow a single person to care for their family by providing great benefits and pay. The hours are also great to work knowing you have the weekend off and holidays off to care for your family need. Great growth if you want to remain in supply and demand for utility, because they are one of the highest paying utility companies I know of.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
stressful, some departments have lack of communication and sometimes favors are given
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 26, 2018
Edison micromanages without allowing for new ideas. They have an excessive stack of managers watching over operations. Good luck finding any room to grow.
Fast paced, team work, high goals, pressure
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMarch 26, 2018
The electric industry is changing and so is the company. They are downsizing and reorganizing and jobs are being cut.

This is not the same type of organization that I initially hired into to.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No job security and high stress
Must be able to adapt
Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAMarch 20, 2018
The work here is honest and straight forward. Compensation is competitive or better. Benefits, as a contractor, are on par with typical employment and often times better. Edison management is marginal. Inexperienced or poor managers have been hired/promoted as of late. Constant procedural changes, micromanagement and miscommunication plague the management team, but I venture to guess that with time, most kinks will be worked out. Most managers in the project management team work well with others, but there are a few who are, at the very least, difficult to work with. My advice is to work hard, move up and move laterally the best one can - the opportunities exist.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits, wonderful industry to learn
Cons
nepotism, poor management choices, bottom line over worker mentality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern California Edison. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss