Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

I learned a lot working at SCE
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 16, 2018
I worked at the call center for SCE for almost 6 years. The benefits were good and I really liked that it was easy to get time off of work. I was fast paced and very stressful and micromanaged. Management was very professional and knowledgeable. The only reason I left was because it was extremely difficult to get out of the call center. The only people that seemed to get new opportunities were those with family in higher positions. I must have applied for 100 jobs and tested for a few and even passed but never got 1 interview. Yet, I was utilized in leadership within the call center. The other factor was that there were lay offs going on, throughout the company and lots of negative changes over the last couple of years that I was there so the moral became very negative. I learned a lot and over all, enjoyed my professional experience for the majority of the time I was there.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedules
Cons
Pay and high stress environment
Its nice to work here
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJuly 16, 2018
Its nice to work here with the people who have been working here for decades and learn the things from their experience.
I love to work here. As my job gives a perfect work life balance
Great Place to Work
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 7, 2018
I received most of my expert training with Southern California Edison. Some of the best foremen and supervisors you would every want. Good place to work. Great team work. Awesome benefits and retirement plans
Pros
Awesome expert training
Cons
Can't think of anything
Sce
Senior Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJuly 5, 2018
Work here for 26 years. had many different jobs: work order Quality control, Instrument control technician, I&C Planner, I&C foreman, I&C Outage Planer, Repetitive Maintenance Scheduler,
Camaraderie is good within securitys officers
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 30, 2018
Great people to work with. Fun loving and do their jobs well. Training is excellent and realistic. Benefits for the company are outstanding. Yearly raises and profit sharing is an additional plus.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
long days at work
Unsatisfactory
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2018
Working here was an eye opening experience compared to my previous company. I think the company needs a more focused approach to improving communications, systems, process etc.
Great Pay.
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 14, 2018
12+ hour work day, very hard to move up. Management took risks to get yearly bonuses. Worked days off almost every week. But, if money is your main goal its the place to work.
Pros
pay
Cons
overtime was forced 4 hours every day min.
Best work ethics with encouraging people surrounded atmosphere
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 13, 2018
Southern california edison gives a freedom to the employees to analyse and troubleshoot technical issues and resolve them in the creative way.

They don't force too much to get the solution right away rather we will learn the new technology and resolve the technical issue
Pros
Work ethics
Cons
Employee job stabilization is not up to what mentioned in the contract
Liked the Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 5, 2018
I liked working here, was a big pain to get the job, and a very long training process. Again the rest is filler because indeed makes you fill this stuff out.
Great Place for Advancement
Project Manager/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJune 1, 2018
Great opportunities to advance with the ability to work from home when needed. You are given the tools and resources to succeed with available training and skilled courses.
Not the company it used to be
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  VariousMay 25, 2018
Recent years have seen a decline in the loyalty to employees that SCE used to be known for.

You'll be lost in the crowd for the most part, but it's very hard to be fired unless it's for an ethical violation of some kind. On the down side, you'll work with low performers that work just hard enough to NOT be fired for years and years.

I spent most of my time with SCE working on internal requirements; reports made so that someone within the company could check a box, rather than substantial work that might have improved our work product. It was not particularly fulfilling.
Very busy environment, lots of job opportunities
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAMay 23, 2018
Workplace culture was challenging throughout the many years I worked for SCE. Learned about managing projects, programs, team leadership, and various other office-related skills.
Productive place to work with great benefits.
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMay 6, 2018
I worked at San Onofre for 9 years. It was a great place to work. I had the opportunity to work in every capacity as a Nuclear Security Officer up to the position of Upgrade Supervisor and Adversary. I enjoyed my employment there, however, with the drawdown and closure of the plant I decided to take the severence package.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The plant closure
Technology profile
SAP Basis Lead (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 6, 2018
Progressive technology roadmap , invests in new technology , good place to learn new concepts and gain experience in the latest technology and products
Pros
Oppurtunity to work in new technology
Fun place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAMay 5, 2018
SCE is a great stepping stone. Interaction with different parts of the company and branches. People friendly and helpful. Enough work to keep busy. I enjoy the work.
too stressful for the money
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 28, 2018
Good pay for a call center however, you're always worried about losing your job every month. Your calls are monitored by QA. If you happen to get a QA person who is new or on a power trip,you will get low scores & can lose your job for not saying a few words. The training is fast paced,pass or fail. It's a ton of information&you are tested every few weeks & must meet a passing percentage or you will get fired.
Pros
good pay
Cons
high stress, too much to learn, no communication, many egos
Edison not for families
Project/Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 23, 2018
Edison's culture does not trickle down to its employees. So many people had to come back to work after retirement because they lost their pension in the stock crash. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
Great and fun place to work for.
Mail Courier and shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAApril 16, 2018
I was very busy every day delivering mail to the employees and also print outs to them. I pick up the employees from the different buildings and take them to other buildings they need to go to. I always trained alot of mail couriers and shuttle drivers for Edison.
Relaxed Intern Experience
Professional Trainee / Intern (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAApril 15, 2018
Managers were helpful and friendly. Workload fluctuates, and sometimes things were a bit slow.

I learned a lot throughout my time there, and will draw on that experience later on.
Sce
Software Packager Manager Assistant, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 12, 2018
SCE is a great place to work.... It's just too far from our home, but the work environment and management team is sold. I don't have any complaints at this point.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern California Edison. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.