Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

management team was not engaged
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAOctober 27, 2018
I was a contractor, manager never available for work conferences or any oversight. They played more golf where all the executives were not onsite. I proposed advanced systems and modern software changes to improve management, they were incapable of comprehending modern systems. They outsourced IT overseas which was a disaster as so much of their IT infrastructure was very outdated and required daily repair to keep it going. Management was more interested in stock prices than operations.
Pros
stable
Cons
no vision, poor planning, management was like royalty
Not a great work culture is followed
Senior IT Specialist Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAOctober 25, 2018
Southern California Edison used to be a great company. I hear now that work environment is hostile and culture of fear of loosing jobs is at work.
I hear moral is low and it is a professionally a toxic work environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
bad management
A great place to work
Project Planner Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 24, 2018
I was working as a contractor for Southern California Edison. I learned a lot in a short period of time. I am very thankful to have had this opportunity.
Administrative Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 22, 2018
Edison was a fun place to work. I went in with limited responsibility. After being there the manager insisted that I have more responsibility due to my ability.
Pros
A great group of people
Cons
No budget for another assistant
Lots of opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAOctober 18, 2018
Overall, it’s a good company. There have been huge cuts resulting in employee layoffs, thankfully things have settled down. There are many areas of opportunity to advance your career.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to advance, Decent salaries and benefits, Annual bonuses (percentage varies based on position)
Cons
Benefits offered have changed (reduced) for new hires. Some managers are horrible leaders. .
Good professional environment.
Data Governance Architect (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 10, 2018
Good professional environment. Need more control from management. Better vision for short medium and long term. Need to put out short term brush fires and then tackle big problems.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Medium and long term vision
Very stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 9, 2018
It was very stressful, long hours, no chance for innovation. They eould a lot of work and they wouldn't help by not invetinh new ways to do. the work

We were temps but we were comsider stupid
Pros
Cons
heavy work load
would love to work here again
Distribution Operations Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2018
Great pay. Team atmosphere. Challenging and rewarding. Can be busy and faced paced. Opportunites for training and promotion. Flexibilty. Worked with good people. Opportunites to learn and engage are plentiful.
Pros
good salary
Cons
rotating shifts
working at SCE
Analyst for the Revenue Requirements Department (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CASeptember 30, 2018
SCE was a pretty good company to work for. There were celebrations for some occasions, there were happy birthdays, there was a fair around Christmas or mid-Winter to buy hand-made crafts for the kiddies. I bought three wooden horses for my kids. You had to follow company policy and all, but you were acknowledged and respected as a human being, too. This was years ago, I have lost contact with people there.
Best Company in California
Transmission System Operator (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 26, 2018
Retire became care giver wood still be there if my wife did not get sick and died its just great
One ceo and president of edison was mayor of long beach
and of united
Pros
Cons
My Wife got sick and died had to retire early
Great Employer
Safety & Health Adviser (2018) (Current Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 14, 2018
Great Employer that is fair to all and compensates people well. Allows flex time & allows employees to be autonomous with their daily schedule. Generous vacation time.
Long hours of 40-120 hours a week were mandatory
Grid Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work if you like long hours. Depending on what you want to do for a career. Some positions would require you to travel out of town. All depends on the circumstances
Pros
Lots of hours of you want them.
Cons
Takes away from family life
Excellent working environment. Very Comfortable
Business Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CASeptember 11, 2018
Edison workplace is very professional. Your co-workers make you feel like part of the team from the get go The Managers are not micro managers. We all have responsibilities and did our jobs accordingly
Amazing workplace with great pay!
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Onofre, CASeptember 10, 2018
I was lucky enough to get hired on with so cal edison. It was a great company to work for. I worked at their nuclear plant in southern california which was a unique and fun experience. It would be a great company to have retired from.
Was a very good company to work for.
Plant Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 2, 2018
SCE was on par with pay and benefits. Good management from the bottom to the top. Opportunities for advancement were limited. Other than they closed the plant down that I worked at, my experiences with this company was very good.
Pros
Pay and befefits were up to industry standards, Good management from the top to the bottom, Liked the people that I worked with and the area that I lived.
Cons
Advanecement was limited, Rotating shifts, is a job title standard though.
My experience at Edison was an overall good experience. The pay and benefits were the best and I had many opportunies for advancement.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 27, 2018
overall a great experience. Many opportunities but over the past ten years have been more challenging with outsourcing.. Always wondered when they were going to let me go due to reduction in force.
benefits
Cons
stressful
Great Benefits
Technical Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 24, 2018
Overall work environment is good. Very good benefits! I wish the team did more projects. Most of the day is spent at my desk. Management is easy going and everyone gets along well.
Not a job. It’s a career
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 20, 2018
SCE has around 14,000 employees in a wide range of positions and many locations. This is great for opportunities to advance or change locations. I have been a field worker (mechanic) for the last 13 years. There may come a time where I can no longer do this type of work and would need to find a less physically demanding position. Chances are, I could transfer into one when that time comes. Jobs tend to post internally to allow transfer or promotional opportunities. This is very comforting.

The company pays very well. Yet, they expect a return on their investment. In other words, some people hire on expecting a laid back job with easy money. That isn’t how it works. I work very hard and am paid very well. When I get my pay every two weeks, I feel I’ve earned it. Some complain the work is hard and the hours can be long. This is true, but it isn’t a surprise. It is made very clear during the interview that field workers can be expected to work long hours including scheduled days off and sometimes on a moments notice. But they compensate overtime hours very well.

Currently the company is experiencing a retirement bubble. This is leaving a lot of positions open which is a great opportunity for someone looking for a career. As I said earlier, this isn’t the place to go if one is looking for easy money. It is very hard work.
Pros
Advancement opportunities. Great pay.
Relaxed and slow pace work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAAugust 12, 2018
Typical day at work - Meeting coordination with senior management. Travel arrangements, processing of expense reports, issuance of certificate of insurance.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
No advancement.
Good company
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 9, 2018
This was a good company that focused on giving a work/life balance to its employees. Would work for this company again and would recommend to friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern California Edison. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Southern California Edison.

Powered by Comparably