Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

Long hours of 40-120 hours a week were mandatory
Grid Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work if you like long hours. Depending on what you want to do for a career. Some positions would require you to travel out of town. All depends on the circumstances
Pros
Lots of hours of you want them.
Cons
Takes away from family life
Excellent working environment. Very Comfortable
Business Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CASeptember 11, 2018
Edison workplace is very professional. Your co-workers make you feel like part of the team from the get go The Managers are not micro managers. We all have responsibilities and did our jobs accordingly
Amazing workplace with great pay!
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Onofre, CASeptember 10, 2018
I was lucky enough to get hired on with so cal edison. It was a great company to work for. I worked at their nuclear plant in southern california which was a unique and fun experience. It would be a great company to have retired from.
Was a very good company to work for.
Plant Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edison, CASeptember 2, 2018
SCE was on par with pay and benefits. Good management from the bottom to the top. Opportunities for advancement were limited. Other than they closed the plant down that I worked at, my experiences with this company was very good.
Pros
Pay and befefits were up to industry standards, Good management from the top to the bottom, Liked the people that I worked with and the area that I lived.
Cons
Advanecement was limited, Rotating shifts, is a job title standard though.
My experience at Edison was an overall good experience. The pay and benefits were the best and I had many opportunies for advancement.
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 27, 2018
overall a great experience. Many opportunities but over the past ten years have been more challenging with outsourcing.. Always wondered when they were going to let me go due to reduction in force.
benefits
Cons
stressful
Great Benefits
Technical Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 24, 2018
Overall work environment is good. Very good benefits! I wish the team did more projects. Most of the day is spent at my desk. Management is easy going and everyone gets along well.
Not a job. It’s a career
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 20, 2018
SCE has around 14,000 employees in a wide range of positions and many locations. This is great for opportunities to advance or change locations. I have been a field worker (mechanic) for the last 13 years. There may come a time where I can no longer do this type of work and would need to find a less physically demanding position. Chances are, I could transfer into one when that time comes. Jobs tend to post internally to allow transfer or promotional opportunities. This is very comforting.

The company pays very well. Yet, they expect a return on their investment. In other words, some people hire on expecting a laid back job with easy money. That isn’t how it works. I work very hard and am paid very well. When I get my pay every two weeks, I feel I’ve earned it. Some complain the work is hard and the hours can be long. This is true, but it isn’t a surprise. It is made very clear during the interview that field workers can be expected to work long hours including scheduled days off and sometimes on a moments notice. But they compensate overtime hours very well.

Currently the company is experiencing a retirement bubble. This is leaving a lot of positions open which is a great opportunity for someone looking for a career. As I said earlier, this isn’t the place to go if one is looking for easy money. It is very hard work.
Pros
Advancement opportunities. Great pay.
Relaxed and slow pace work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAAugust 12, 2018
Typical day at work - Meeting coordination with senior management. Travel arrangements, processing of expense reports, issuance of certificate of insurance.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
No advancement.
Good company
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 9, 2018
This was a good company that focused on giving a work/life balance to its employees. Would work for this company again and would recommend to friends.
Company Led by Amazing Executive Staff
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
It was amazing to work for this company while I was there. They provide such an exciting and essential service to Southern California. Excellent salary, benefits and training opportunities. Company work environment fluctuates and was in a growth period during the time I was there. A few years after I left they began to outsource many of the teams, including my old group. I actually bid on the work several years later working as a manager for a private firm.
Executive Assistant to the CIO (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 1, 2018
Culture at Edison is very toxic and cut-throat and if you can handle it then go for it. Salaries, benefits, PTO is excellent and depending which department you're in, it can be a good experience, however, overall, the company pays and provides good benefits for their employees.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management and culture
Great Place to work
Construction Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJuly 31, 2018
loved working for Edison, I worked 27 years until the out sprucing happened . All managers are great the people are great also. that is the only job i know.
Evolving Industry over 25 years
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 30, 2018
I worked my way up through the company over the course of 25 years. They do give your the opportunity to advance and invest in training their employees. However the industry is undergoing disruption and to remain an industry leader they are trying to find their way. This is bringing changes to their overall employee benefits. In spite of the changes, it's still a solid company.
Pros
Training, benefits, paycheck
Cons
Disruptive industry
A great company
Analyst - Program/Project 2 (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJuly 29, 2018
Southern California Edison was a great place to work. The work was always changing for the better and many of my co-workers were just a joy to be around.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Meetings
Great opportunities in the the right departments
Principal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJuly 25, 2018
Overall, SCE is a great company to work at. Just beware that there are some departments that not great to work in. There are several areas that are experiencing very high turnover for various reasons. Do your research.
Easy going work environment
Clerk, Joint Pole (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 21, 2018
The workplace culture is non-stressful.
A typical work day consists of processing documents related to other utilities renting space on Edison power poles.
Pros
No stress
Cons
Non negotiable on starting wage
A great office to work in
Construction Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJuly 20, 2018
Management is great, we pretty much work on our own with minimal supervision. Everyone gets along real well. Never under pressure to meet deadlines. We also have All Hands Meetings with the Director every few months.
I learned a lot working at SCE
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 16, 2018
I worked at the call center for SCE for almost 6 years. The benefits were good and I really liked that it was easy to get time off of work. I was fast paced and very stressful and micromanaged. Management was very professional and knowledgeable. The only reason I left was because it was extremely difficult to get out of the call center. The only people that seemed to get new opportunities were those with family in higher positions. I must have applied for 100 jobs and tested for a few and even passed but never got 1 interview. Yet, I was utilized in leadership within the call center. The other factor was that there were lay offs going on, throughout the company and lots of negative changes over the last couple of years that I was there so the moral became very negative. I learned a lot and over all, enjoyed my professional experience for the majority of the time I was there.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedules
Cons
Pay and high stress environment
Its nice to work here
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJuly 16, 2018
Its nice to work here with the people who have been working here for decades and learn the things from their experience.
I love to work here. As my job gives a perfect work life balance
No transparency
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJuly 13, 2018
Lack of consistent and transparent communication. Employees not kept in the loop about changes. Recent layoffs were handled very inappropriately and created much unnecessary stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern California Edison. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss