Southern California Edison
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

United States935 reviews

edisonsoutherncaliforniaonofrenuclearutilitybenefitlayoff

Comradity and learning more of the Industry everyday.

Retired with 38 years. I learned alot over all my years,that I knew nothing about as a hired hand.I got a complete education and training along the way, that made me a better Lineman/Splicer.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Awesome!

I love it here. it's great. The people I work with here are awesome. There are great benefits, and the company has a great culture. I hope to continue working here.

Southern California Edison insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

SCE does pay well

The pay is really good but Like most companies there is favoritism Some mangers a really good others don't know anything. They try and micromanage without even knowing what your job consist of.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

Managment doesnt know what your job is

What is the best part of working at the company?Was the benefits but I am now retired and don’t know about the current benefits.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management is poor all around.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Favorites win.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Good most of the time. Got tired of being preached to by management when they didn’t walk the talk themselves.

What is the best part of working at the company?It was great pay and treated you with respectWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?It was a family environment. Very good career. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Everyone I worked with was just like family, great place to work.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Start in the morning, coffee, then lunch, later some work and then go home.

Great work life balance.

Company vision is heading in the right direction. Different departments have different micro cultures. And moving within different teams offers opportunities for employees to learn and grow different skills.

Room for growth and good benefits

The job can be a little tedious at times, but there are plenty of positions to move into and the benefits package is great.

A legacy company that is as innovative as a start up

SCE in the cybersecurity governance unit is very inclusive, innovative and rewards good work. The benefits are amazing, and they actually have good healthcare. Management listens to input and works hard to make things better. The effort and collaboration are top-notch.

Pros

Remote work from home 4 days a week, Great benefits, Best 401k match in the industry

Cons

There is one come into work day which seems pointless, Executives hand down edicts without considering individual situation some times

Stressful

Always busy. Lots of phone calls. Spontaneous overtime. No stability for part time employees. Good for gaining experience. High turnaround. Training is intense.

What is the best part of working at the company?some good people but as jobs get scarce the worst of people comes out. Big Company.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The company has cut back, and trying to save money. Some areas are outsourced so well, you get people who dont really know what they are doing. Then you are overworked, so many stressed out people. working from home is good, but they load the work on you. This used to be a very good place to work but i think its gone downhill. OH and forget about applying for a perm job because they take 3-4 months to contact you, thats the average if you can even get by their automatic system. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?stressful. too much work not enough workers, managers can be demanding loading you up. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Lots of meetings where decisions arent made and they go in circles. Mgmt needs some work. I think because they hirer from within and then get folks that dont know how to manage. Mgmt doesnt make decision because they are afraid to be unpopular.

Enjoy the people in the work

Some of the supervision were hard to work with and not listen to the truths. But some of those Foreman were very much into listening and helping you learn along the way.

Pros

Very nice place to work.

Cons

Too much politics

Awesome Coworkers

I was only a temp. So I didn’t get the regular employee benefits. My experience working there was great it was fun kinda of laid back, high volume production which was good to keep you busy. Loved the crew. The hours were hard to get accustomed to 3:00 am to 11:30 am - yea it was hard but I was happy to go to work.overall I had a good experience .

Too stressful for the $$

They don’t pay enough for the stress you’re under as an ENA. They change the policies daily and you’re supposed to keep up with that and keep your handle time for each call at a minimum.

Great people and company culture

This is a great company to work for. Great pay, benefits, and people. Safety is truly valued. Sometimes the pace is slow, so changes take awhile to implement.

Training is very long

Training was long and they kept changing our end date for training. To move forward with the hire process we had test and phone calls we had to pass or we get fired.

Excellent

This was an excellent place to work. The management was amazing and really knew what they were doing. The training was well done for working from home. 10 out of 10

Productive and fun workplace, helpful teamwork environment.

Great supervisors and coworkers who always there to help and support you. Company provides great resources provided to enhance your career. Provide great benefits.

Ok

It was a good starting job nevertheless. Moved forward to a better opportunity. It’s a normal call center experience. Graveyard shift long hours of sitting.

Investment in your career

SCE genuinely cares about its employees and customers. There are a lot of incentives and opportunities to grow and develop your career. I have had such wonderful supervisors and peers to help me during the course of my time. Supervisors love to help promote development opportunities.

Pros

Benefits, vacation, bonuses, opportunities for growth

Cons

Great opportunities depending on what yard you are in.

Definitely really depends on what yard you work in, even though everyone is part of the same company; every yard operates almost entirely independently. Certain contractual things are done in one yard that are completely different in another. There is a massive lack of diversity in the managerial department that operates mainly on being worried about how others effect their bonuses. All in all I do like working for Edison a lot, but they don’t ever put enough money into training their guys which leads to more accidents and preventable incidents.

Pros

Just changed to all overtime as doubletime (finally)

Cons

Managers aren’t commonly there to support the hands, they are there either as a power trip or they have no clue what they are doing.

Meh

There is a lot of responsibility for the amount of pay. Time off is impossible to get and they do not accommodate for doctors visits even if you have a disability. Over all you spend the majority of the day being berated by customers about how awful the company treats them.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Too many to count

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern California Edison. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Southern California Edison.
Powered byComparably