Southern California Edison
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

Southern California Edison Employee Reviews

Southern California Edison insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Not the greatest in my opinion.

Management is a mess..Put way too much work on a person..Push too much work where it could be divided up better for better productivity. Do not seem to promote by merits. Tons of overtime, burn people out.

Pros

Money is good. Benefits are good.

Cons

not enough backing from management.

best work culture i ever have

been working for grid service for 1.5 years ,100% remote. work culture so far is the best in sce. upper management are very supportive and transparent.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

difficult to get promoted

Great place to work!

Compared to all other companies I've worked for, this is by far the best place to work. I honestly have no complaints. My department continues to improve themselves and people are great to work with.

No Complaints

This is my second consultant position (Sr Project Manager) with SCE. The two were a few years apart and in completely separate areas of the business. However, review remains the same. If you know your purpose (why you are there), respect the people and the process, you will have a good experience.

Great place to work. Very mediocre management.

Great place to work.Everything about the company was A+ except:Very helpful colleaguesVery qualified technical folksBelow par managersTerrible manager - employee relationship

Job seekers rely on your experience.

High turnover

Rigorous training, great benefits, faulty computer systems, work at home equipment unreliable, unable to meet metrics based on billing system errors in delayed billing.

Benefits

Cons

Stress, disorganization, lack of communication

Good pay and benefits

I was a 16 year employee. Pay is good and being union you do have good vacation time and ok benefits but a bit pricey. Management sucks. Alot don’t understand the department they are i charge of. Shops are way understaffed for work loads. And seem to be only advancing yes men to foreman who have no place in said position.

Great Company to Work for.

These comments are directed to staff/professional positions. Not linemen or craft positions. Typical workday is 0700-1530 hours. Remote working is authorized now due to COVID. This is subject to change, but more than likely many professional positions will be some type of hybrid work.My management team is great and very engaged. I meet weekly with my team (Microsoft TEAMS meetings) and weekly with my manager. Workplace culture is inclusive and everyone has a seat at the table, even the new guy. We value diversity of opinion. Safety is our number 1 goal. Everyone goes home safely at the end of their shift. My most enjoyable part is being part of a team that provides safe and reliable electricity; doing it in a safe, ethical, and compliant manner.

Pros

Continuous Training and Education; value as a team member; Safety mindset/culture.

Cons

Limited promotional (management opportunities). You have to go beyond a mentor and have a sponsor.

OK place to work

its ok....lots of overtime...management is ok... going through the whole Diversity and Inclusion thing right now.... would be nice to just worry about electricity and not trying to be a SJW

Great internship experience

Great place to intern at. SCE really cares for their interns and gives them lots of opportunities to work with different teams and departments on a variety of projects

Pros

Great mentorships and managers, meaningful work

Best workplace

Everyone there is a team and nobody gets left behind. Management is always there for you and never judgmental. It is the best place to start of your career and they made it very open for career advancement.

Good compensation and benefits

My experience working at Edison was fulfilling for me personally from day one until retirement. Overall, it was a good place to work. I was a proud Edison employee for almost 18 years. Edison had great compensation and benefits. However, as a minority, I felt that I had to work harder than others in order to be promoted. Some middle management managers had horrible practices (e.g. favoritism) during my employment there. The promotional opportunities internally seemed to generate frustrations and disappointments among employees constantly. Well, I hope it has made improvements in later years.

Very Unorganized, Demanding and Stressful Environment

I wish i could say I had more happy days than stressful days at this job but that has not been the case. This by far is the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. You are constantly micromanaged, pressured to get good scores or else you get reprimanded. I had to learn everything quickly and virtually, no hands on training and when on the phones it is sink or swim. They implemented a new system with only one month training lol and due to all the un-organization OT galore, mandatory! no option! Daily for weeks with no end. I would say this company is your typical corporate job, leaves you mentally exhausted and sucks the life out of you .Management is also not very helpful and leaves you high and dry on most questions, they are all about the bottom line, their team scores, because I am most certain they must get bonuses.Only great thing about this place are the benefits, but even then it is so difficult to ask for vacation days. Beware! I was very optimistic about this company, excited to learn something new and it quickly became a huge stressor.

Benefits

Cons

Constant mandatory ot, Short breaks, Poor management, Extremely difficult to use vacation time, Demanding to maintain scores monthly

Our shift my crew were the most productive. At edison it was great to go to work.

I never enjoyed a job more. Layed off due to deregulation. Would work there today if they were hiring. Know how to build and repaire large apparatuses. .

Job security

Working with the Director of Corporate Security was great! He was kind and understanding. However, this was only a temporary position. I wish I could have been hired on permanently.

Pros

Flexible lunch hours and work hours

Cons

Top Management is not supportive

Excellent Company

I have no complaints. So many opportunities to promote. I started as an entry level admin and now am an Analyst. I will be able to promote to a project manager soon. I have learned to use tools and software.

Pros

Opportunities for Advancement

Cons

Productive business environment sometimes fun sometimes stressful.

It is a great place to for highly educated individuals looking for opportunities in the energy industry that also care about green energy. For those looking for opportunities in technological not so much most of those positions have been transitioned to contract work

Not for everyone

I only remained with the company for 5 months, all of which were spent in virtual training. The training was very taxing, and of course if its your first time doing call center work, the job itself can be overwhelming. I ended up leaving because I moved out of state, but had only planned to stay until my one year mark. My direct supervisor was great, however there is a lot of pressure placed on performance, and they will not hesitate to let you know you will not keep your job if you do not meet your performance metrics.

The good and the bad

Wonderful place to work People are Friendly The work is constantAs a contractor, it was a wonderful experienceI would go back in a heartbeat And the lunch may not be free but they were wonderful

Pros

Lunch, and your Co workers

Cons

For a Contractor it was a good gig

Great benefits, Mentally Stressful

Benefits are great Pay is decent but should be more due to stress levels A lot of emotional and mental stress dealing with customers Management is responsive but not on top of their game

Busy Environment

It was a busy call center, micromanaged. I really liked the schedule. Once in a while we had mandatory overtime but overall I enjoyed working there. Friendly co-workers.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern California Edison. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

82%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Southern California Edison with

• Southern California Edison
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?