Southern California Pizza Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful due to low staffing levels and expectations.
Shift Manager/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 4, 2018
Very stressful for a shift manager during peak hours when its almost always understaffed. They also have timers for the various stages of making the pizza that are used, I assume for bonuses, to calculate store performance. However, they encourage everyone to falsify the data by pushing through orders before they are actually completed to maintain the best performance numbers. They also have very little to no time for on the job training for new hires, other than watching some online videos and tutorials, due to a high staff turn-over rate. The staffing schedule was always being changed by the district manager during the week and it was rarely available more than a day before the next weeks schedule started!
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Don't expect too many holidays off.
good teamwork
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 8, 2018
very stressful, not enough labor to meet the needs of the business. Company is doing cuts with and this puts more pressure on the mangers and team members of the restaurant.
Great place to earn Management Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I grew into this workplace began, as a Delivery driver and maintained store management for a few years. Great place to develop social skills. Various problem-solving skills are required and further developed on the job.
Pros
Great Team Dynamic
Cons
Clothing Will Smell Like Oil after work
Working here is as bad as the food
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 1, 2018
Everything about working for Pizza Hut is terrible. You are paid way below a livable wage - even as management. Their product is so horrible, you spend your shift apologizing to unhappy customers about the awful quality of the food.
fast paced environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 19, 2017
Customer service and hospitality were typical days. I learned how to defuse and situations (angry customers) I had the privilege to overlook an entire staff of great employees. Friendly and fast paced environment. There wasn't anything really difficult about it. Enjoyed working with customers and my work team.
Pros
monthly bonuses
Cons
mandatory over time
Like A Roller Coster
Pizza Hut Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 15, 2016
There are times when it slow. and times when its busy. and time- when its Vary Busy. You Never Know At any Given Time. But' We- Work as A Team And Work Well As A Team An d Get Done Right.
Pros
No Free Lunch
Cons
One Half Hour Break
restautant manager
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2014
working and creating a great enviromet for guests and employees/
Pros
n/a
Cons
na
My experience at Pizza hut is a good one. I learned so much from being there.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2012
I have been working at Pizza Hut for a little over 2yrs now. I started when I was in Highschool and I am still curently working there. I started as a sign shaker outside doing advertisment and going door to door dropping off coupons. I have went up in the company and I am now a Shift Manager. Working at pizza hut definetly helped me grow into a responisible and dedicated young woman. Some would say its just a job, but for me, its a beginning into the working world. Everyone has to start somewhere and I'm glad at started at Pizza Hut.
Pros
i moved up in the company