Southern Care Hospice Employee Reviews

Playing games with the elderly
Volunteer Coordinator/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS 39180September 18, 2018
Day at work travelin a lot, learned to be able to speak in a large group, great management, hardest part of the job is to get people to volunteer, joyable part of the job working with people.
Stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 13, 2018
You do more Can work than you do as a caregiver and you get paid caregiver wages to lift people and bathe them all day. If I wanted to do can work i would go get certified!
Poor managament
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 10, 2018
Staff was great, however, the DOO was a very poor leader. She was never available. Due to her poor leadership, many good personal left the company, myself included. The office had to come together and work together without a leader.
Tough place to work
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 5, 2018
I left Southern Care Hospice to care for my ailing parents. I wanted to spend more time with my parents before they passed. Southern Care Hospice was not sympathetic when I was needed to care for my ailing parents.
Professional
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 4, 2018
Good company
Good leadership
Caring management
Supportive core group
Agency takes very good care of clients
Sufficient training for staff
Great team work
Satisfying and exciting career with truly compassionate coworkers
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GASeptember 3, 2018
This was what I felt I was meant to do! Some things I learned involved the high levels of compassion and quality that go hand in hand with hospice care! The hardest part of my job varied from patient to patient and family member(s). The most enjoyable part was hearing a patient say, "thank you" or "I love you" when their care plan was completed for the day!
Pros
Highest level of quality patient care was given everyday to every patient!
Cons
Watching family members suffer the loss of their loved ones!
Friendly work enviornment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 29, 2018
The company is unprofessionally managed and the Director spends all her time visiting with other staff at her office instead of running the office in a professional manner.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Clicky staff
Productive, fun worth place good people!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 29, 2018
Good people in the facility. Good training process, Very caring people who work there it’s also a clean environment for the people very near and organized
Pros
Free lunch, good breaks Very nice people
Cons
Short break, too many people in the facility with not enough workers.
closed
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALAugust 28, 2018
this was a good company and good people to work with and for. Unfortunately, they sold and the parent company moved corporate to NC, where we were unable to gol
A great PRN job
HOSPICE NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALAugust 7, 2018
A great, flexible job that allows you to work around your schedule. All the staff is very friendly and ready to help. The company is a great place to work.
poor management
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 4, 2018
High turnover with Case Managers. Traveling 500+ miles weekly, put a lot of strain on personal vehicle. I understand now that they provide a car for some employees.
It was my internship placement
Social Work Internship (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJuly 24, 2018
I work there for a few months after completing my degree as part of my internship placement. It was very relaxing and laid back type of atmosphere but I was only the intern. I have no idea how the job is as an actual employee but everyone seemed nice and supportive.
Nice co-workers, hateful manager/supervisor
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at SouthernCare; however, the management at the time seemed to not like me for some unknown reason and singled me out constantly. I did my job to the very best of my ability and was praised by many other executives and fellow co-workers. I would be happy to work here again if it was under different management from 2011. My co-workers and I got along great, ate lunch together and helped each other when deadlines approached.
Pros
great co-workers, enjoyable work
Cons
management
dont work there
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 8, 2018
management only cares about themselves has favorites wont listen to you dont care about there employees promises not keep bad place to work alot of wear and tear on your cars
Pros
the familys you care for
Cons
need to have better management dont treat everyone the same
work hard
Registered Nurse I (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 6, 2018
Business hours are 8am -5pm however as case manger I worked on documentation at home after hours daily. loved having weekends off. On Call rotation could use help.
Pros
weekend off
Cons
on call
Good employees, bad management
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJuly 5, 2018
They did hire some amazing workers, but I feel the management is holding them back from their potential. I was not able to use my own ideas but had to use the ones the previous workers had utilized, but they obviously were not working.
This was a good company to work for
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 24, 2018
I typically traveled to a couple different destinations daily to care for terminally ill patients. The work was rewarding and staff was pleasant. I generally cared for patients in their home or in a nursing facility. I was able to learn about terminally ill patients. we had weekly meeting with the whole team where we could work on a plan for the patient.
southern care hospice
Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 18, 2018
loved working for hospice and loved the patients. the staff worked well together. somewhat limited on improvement opportunities seeing as though there isn't anywhere to go up.
This is still Avalon Hospice..A pig with new make up
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 13, 2018
This is a terrible ran company. Stay away from this company unless you want to loose your license. They have multiple company names and it looks as if this is the company where they try to get their star ratings up on Indeed. You can't even Rate Avalon any more, because their star rating is so low.
Pros
I left the company
Cons
Medicare Fraud, Taking patients that should never be on hospice.
Great Hospice care
RN-Director Office Operations (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Area management always helpful for questions and guidance. Co-workers were like family. Everyone responded well to meet or exceed our mission.
Pros
Family like setting
Cons
Long hours and on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Care Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.