Southern Care Hospice Employee Reviews

Southern care
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 8, 2018
I did Case management. Visited clients at home. Offered support. provided education to clients and family members. Advocated for clients with doctors, nurses, nursing homes, and family. Participated in care meetings and making care plans for clients.

Coworkers were compassionate and hard working as well as professional. Great environment to work in.
Too Much Drama
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC Aiken, SCOctober 20, 2018
I was told that I was not compensated for my education. My supervisor's boss fired 30+ employees in 2+ years. I left due to a schizophrenic/bi-polar employee. I enjoyed working with the staff, patients and their families. I have some really good memories.
Pros
Some good employees, nice families and patients
Cons
Terrible salary, too much driving
Lack of support, respect and plan to operate make work life difficult
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 10, 2018
I worked with this company for 5 months approximately, in South Bend, as an RN/case manager. The expectations are high (an usual week would be made up of 40 hours performing scheduled visits - 5 to 7 daily - plus 2 nights on call for 15 hours and an occasional weekend on call) pay sounds interesting as you enter the company (salary was around sixty five k plus mileage) but not enough as you calculate the per hour rate. Miles tracking are unfair, you enter the miles driven, computer computes the shortest distance between visits and pay you not for the real miles, but calculated. As an RN/Case Manager I was doing the job of RN/CM, admission nurse, on call nurse and weekend on call nurse. I often did find myself having to complete documentation at home and receiving phone calls from families/pharmacies/dr offices at all hours of the night. Management had their way of sweet talking and making promises that were never delivered, the Medical Director was not very accessible and can be very rude. If you are thinking about working here I would strongly recommend thinking about your personal life limitations. Corporate push employees to make all sorts of sacrifices to provide care and/or cover minimal requirements per medicaid/private insurance payors.
Pros
The salary is good and accrued PTO is generous
Cons
well.. read my review..
Not too good
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 2, 2018
I would not recommend working there because the director and mother both worked there and it was not a good working environment. I have nothing else I would like to say.
Pros
Not much to say
Cons
working with mother and daughter caused stess
It was ok
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MSSeptember 20, 2018
Management at the time was not on the same page as the employees at the time of my employment with this company. It was somewhat of a stressful work environment.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Playing games with the elderly
Volunteer Coordinator/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS 39180September 18, 2018
Day at work travelin a lot, learned to be able to speak in a large group, great management, hardest part of the job is to get people to volunteer, joyable part of the job working with people.
Stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 13, 2018
You do more Can work than you do as a caregiver and you get paid caregiver wages to lift people and bathe them all day. If I wanted to do can work i would go get certified!
Poor managament
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 10, 2018
Staff was great, however, the DOO was a very poor leader. She was never available. Due to her poor leadership, many good personal left the company, myself included. The office had to come together and work together without a leader.
Tough place to work
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 5, 2018
I left Southern Care Hospice to care for my ailing parents. I wanted to spend more time with my parents before they passed. Southern Care Hospice was not sympathetic when I was needed to care for my ailing parents.
Professional
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 4, 2018
Good company
Good leadership
Caring management
Supportive core group
Agency takes very good care of clients
Sufficient training for staff
Great team work
Satisfying and exciting career with truly compassionate coworkers
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GASeptember 3, 2018
This was what I felt I was meant to do! Some things I learned involved the high levels of compassion and quality that go hand in hand with hospice care! The hardest part of my job varied from patient to patient and family member(s). The most enjoyable part was hearing a patient say, "thank you" or "I love you" when their care plan was completed for the day!
Pros
Highest level of quality patient care was given everyday to every patient!
Cons
Watching family members suffer the loss of their loved ones!
Friendly work enviornment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 29, 2018
The company is unprofessionally managed and the Director spends all her time visiting with other staff at her office instead of running the office in a professional manner.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Clicky staff
Productive, fun worth place good people!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 29, 2018
Good people in the facility. Good training process, Very caring people who work there it’s also a clean environment for the people very near and organized
Pros
Free lunch, good breaks Very nice people
Cons
Short break, too many people in the facility with not enough workers.
closed
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALAugust 28, 2018
this was a good company and good people to work with and for. Unfortunately, they sold and the parent company moved corporate to NC, where we were unable to gol
A great PRN job
HOSPICE NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALAugust 7, 2018
A great, flexible job that allows you to work around your schedule. All the staff is very friendly and ready to help. The company is a great place to work.
poor management
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 4, 2018
High turnover with Case Managers. Traveling 500+ miles weekly, put a lot of strain on personal vehicle. I understand now that they provide a car for some employees.
It was my internship placement
Social Work Internship (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJuly 24, 2018
I work there for a few months after completing my degree as part of my internship placement. It was very relaxing and laid back type of atmosphere but I was only the intern. I have no idea how the job is as an actual employee but everyone seemed nice and supportive.
Nice co-workers, hateful manager/supervisor
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at SouthernCare; however, the management at the time seemed to not like me for some unknown reason and singled me out constantly. I did my job to the very best of my ability and was praised by many other executives and fellow co-workers. I would be happy to work here again if it was under different management from 2011. My co-workers and I got along great, ate lunch together and helped each other when deadlines approached.
Pros
great co-workers, enjoyable work
Cons
management
dont work there
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 8, 2018
management only cares about themselves has favorites wont listen to you dont care about there employees promises not keep bad place to work alot of wear and tear on your cars
Pros
the familys you care for
Cons
need to have better management dont treat everyone the same
work hard
Registered Nurse I (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 6, 2018
Business hours are 8am -5pm however as case manger I worked on documentation at home after hours daily. loved having weekends off. On Call rotation could use help.
Pros
weekend off
Cons
on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Care Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.