Southern Correctional Medicine Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Awesome place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 8, 2018
I currently work with Southern Correctional Medicine, and I would highly recommend it. I love my job, and everyone I work with. Everyone communicates well and is always looking for ways to improve. My nurse manager is awesome and is always available to answer any questions when needed. Cooperate looks for ways to improve daily. I love the facility that I am currently working at, it is fast paced but everyone recieves top quality care.
Pros
Management is great
Cons
None i can think of.
Productive and fast paced
LPN (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAFebruary 6, 2018
I am an LPN working presently at Southern Correctional Medicine.I have learned a great deal.Nursing and Management to me are the best.They care about their employees. They are always looking for ways to make the company even better than it is now.I thoroughly love my job and I would highly recommend this Company to anyone!There are great Nurses and great Management. The CEO is awesome and at meetings asks employees any suggestions on how to improve the Company even more.They listen to suggestions and everyone employed with Southern Correctional does their best by working hard to keep this company growing more and more everyday.I love my job and how this company is such a great place to work! Please join us and our great team at Southern Correctional Medicine! !!
Pros
Always learning!
Cons
I'm sorry but I don't have a con! This company is outstanding! !!!
Watch out
Nurse (Former Employee) –  A buildingJanuary 10, 2018
Management talks down to you. You are just a number. They feel they can replace anyone any time. No employee value. You work and never appreciated. Nurses are not trained. They hire the cheapest nurse's.
Pros
If you get trained.
Cons
Pay, benefits, upper management
Interesting and Fast Paced Work Enviornment
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Georgia Southern, GANovember 6, 2017
This company is very fast paced due to the amount of facilities it has to place medical staffing into. The Regional Managers and Corporate Staff are good to work with and try to keep communications open and reachable. The stressful part is staffing turnover due to the type of facilities and the fast pace of the facilities. The work is manageable but also must be detail oriented and organized. Advancement is there but you have to be willing to establish yourself as a facility nurse and maintain good work habits as well as deliver optimal healthcare to the inmates. The company as a whole is a good place to work, and as long as there is communication with the Nurse Managers and Corporate when needed.
Pros
Ability to utilize my Nursing Skills instead of having so many specialized teams
Cons
Paperwork is extensive
Dont waste your time
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Cherokee County, GASeptember 28, 2017
The staff is under paid and over worked. You will be expected to do the job of 3 people. Corporate is very "clique" oriented. They do not communicate with their staff at all. Providers never know where they are going to be placed or facility they will be going too. Their medical care to inmates is severely limited to the point if you were called to the stand, you would most definitely lose your license. Corrections is commonly understaffed in most facilities but this company takes it to another level. Benefits are absolutely awful. You would get more coverage with Obama care. You dont get paid vacation until 1 year after working. They tell you they offer 401K but they dont match anything. Corporate is run by LPNs with no business sense and a High school outlook who enjoys the drama.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
everything else
Challenging new career path and learning experience in the Health Care Field
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 14, 2017
Of course was excited well as anxious to enter into this field of health care, as nurses who really thinks of working in a correctional facility. This filed thus far has been rewarding, challenging and fulfilling. This is an area where we as LPN's can utilize the skills we were taught instead of going into an area where our skills are limited.
Hard work and dedication to my position has allowed me to grow and advance. Management and Corporate are available when I need help or have questions, when we have staff out Management works hard to find someone to fill in or they work the rotation themselves. I have had to call Corporate many times and I have always been greeted and helped in a professional manner.
On the other hand, there are times that this position has been very stressful and tedious, given the field I have chosen. I stay focused and in contact with my Manager, Regional Manager and Corporate when needed.
Pros
Hours that work for my lifestyle, good co-workers and management
Cons
Stressful due to the filed, short staffed at times.
If you are serious about not losing your license, run.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 9, 2017
Management is the most unprofessional that I have ever come across in my working career. Select employees are in control and can do whatever they want, even pass off their job to you and its OK with the manager. Lots of back stabbing. Very intimidating and stressful. Don't waste your time thinking that its going to get better, you will be disappointed. If you value your license, run.
Pros
Overtime hours if you are able.
Cons
numerous
Corrections......need I say more?
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 14, 2017
Management is just that....management. There are no favorites only strong workers that management knows they can depend on. If you are PRN your schedule is flexible. If you are full time you have a set schedule. Staffing shortage is common so your are asked to perform your job and more. Due to the environment this is common. Corporate office is out of town and that makes it difficult to communicate. This facility is NCCHC accredited so forms change to meet those requirements. Overall the job itself isn't hard but it does get stressful. Being productive is why you are paid hourly if you enjoy earning your money this is your place. Autonomy is the best thing about being in corrections, if you do your job correctly you are covered regardless. I truely enjoyed working at this facility.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Staff shortages
If you like to be respected - don't work for this company
LPN (Former employee) (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJune 22, 2017
Favoritism is shown by head manager to a select group of people. If you are not a favorite, then you can almost bet that you will be fired. Head management talks about employees to other employees. Very childish behaviors shown by all employees. All employees are over worked with no compensation. Management could care less about what you do to help out, as long as it keeps them from having to work. There is no respect in the workplace. Very easy to lose your nursing license at this job. Paperwork changes constantly and no one is ever trained properly. Do not work for this company.
Cons
Too many to type
Run away as fast as you can!!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  doesnt matterJune 3, 2017
This company is horrible to work for (on-site and corperate). Favoritism childish behaviors and over worked is shown be management and the corporate office could care less. You are expected to do "whatever corporate wants you to do-legal or not". Corporate office gets on here and writes excellent reviews anout themselves ro try to make the company look better than it really is. It sucks working there!!!!!
Pros
Cons
too many to list
2 thumbs down
LPN (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAMay 20, 2017
Very "clique" group...more like working in a day care..alot of personality conflicts, upper management showed huge amounts of favoritism...if you want to keep your nursing license, do not work for scm
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Fantastic place to work. Your part of the SCM family.
Regional Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAMarch 23, 2017
I started out as a staff nurse with Southern Correctional Medicine and now I'm working as a Regional Nurse Manager overseeing many facilities. Insuring quality healthcare to the inmates we serve.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Great company!
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAMarch 22, 2017
I've been with SCM for over 5 years and I love it! You have a great support system when you need it. SCM is growing and there is always room for advancement.
Pros
Family oriented, great support system, overall great!
Cons
Correctional setting is not for everyone
overworked for one nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  GaDecember 17, 2015
They use you for 2 nurses in one shift everyday.New company at jail since Oct. first lost many nurse new nurses last about one week to a month management in the jail talk to you like your beneath them dont ever listen to your side.I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB TO ANY BODY THAT NEEDS A GOOD FULL TIME JOB
Pros
loved the DR and the PA were great
Cons
very hard and with your liscenes on the line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Correctional Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Southern Correctional Medicine Reviews by Location