Southern Foodservice Management Employee Reviews for Food Service Director

Featured review
Southern Foodservice Management selected this as a representative review
fun place you will enjoy
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 1, 2018
you can be yourself, if your shy they will make you laugh, They will help you when your lost, your employees will back you up alone as the mangers. once you get done and set up and everything is good, you can take a break and enjoy your time. or you can prep for the next day, this is a laid back cool and relax place you will like
Pros
free lunch
Cons
none really work at your own speed
Stay Away
Foodservice Director (Former Employee) –  Any Town, USAOctober 18, 2017
Zero Regional and Corporate support. Blind to basic business standards that any manager would expect of even a mediocre company. Favoritism and narcissism win over documented and proven performance.
Pros
Pros get buried by the numerous Cons.
Cons
Regional and Corporate Management are in the dark ages.
Official response from Southern Foodservice Management
December 3, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not the standard our employees have come to expect from us. Please contact our Human Resources Department, so we can properly discuss your concerns and experiences

Worked Several Places But I Have Found A Home
Foodservice Director (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 27, 2017
I have worked for Southern Foodservice Management for 9 years and don't plan to work anywhere else. They are a great company that appreciates and recognizes hard work, and they promote from within regularly.

All levels of management are genuine and sincere when dealing with the team members, and they encourage you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.

I have worked places that I have felt like a number and you don't get that feeling here at all.
Pros
Coaching for Advancement
Great Company, No complaints, often challenging, yet rewarding
Foodservice Director/ Regional Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2017
Great schedule, competitive salary, great benefits, travel occasionally. solid corporation, very down to earth people.
Pros
great management, benefits, salary
Cons
Subsidised accounts are challenging, over entitled clients.
Foodservice Director
Foodservice Director (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 9, 2013
This position is responsible for overseeing day to day operations for a corporate dining account, as well as, managing and a team of associates, managers and chefs. Responsible for managing client relations, along with ensuring that the food offered to the customers is of superior quality. Additional responsibilities include:

Oversee all P&L and budgeting as it pertains to the account.

Maintain excellent relationships with customers, guests and Client as well as other departments.

Work with the Chef and management team in creating menus and providing top quality food.

Roll out new culinary programs in conjunction with Southern Foodservice Management marketing and culinary team.
Working with catering manager and team to ensure each client’s overall satisfaction of every event including writing custom menus that are in line with the latest trends.
Pros
great work environment with fantastic hours & good benefits.
Cons
no room to advance to the next level.