Southern Foodservice Management Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Featured review
Southern Foodservice Management selected this as a representative review
fun place you will enjoy
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 1, 2018
you can be yourself, if your shy they will make you laugh, They will help you when your lost, your employees will back you up alone as the mangers. once you get done and set up and everything is good, you can take a break and enjoy your time. or you can prep for the next day, this is a laid back cool and relax place you will like
Pros
free lunch
Cons
none really work at your own speed
I've worked for the big guys, glad I switched to Southern!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2017
I've worked for a couple large competitors and love the experience I've had with Southern. Upper management has just the right amount of interaction to where I feel very much supported, but don't feel micromanaged. I am given the necessary tools to do my job, and lead my team. In comparison to the previous companies I have worked for, it is much easier to tackle the day to day challenges of the job, without the crush of bureaucracy and procedures those larger companies impliment. The culture at Southern is a positive environment, that rewards hard work, good attitude, and loyalty.
Great On-Site Foodservice Provider- Very organized & Clean
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 31, 2016
You can learn a lot here if you get with the correct Manager or Chef/ Some Manager's are too busy and do not have the time to work with you and help grow you. I do not know the job culture of the company. I would very hard to work with the staff, praise them and make their 8 hours at work upbeat and fun while also sharing with them all my knowledge.When this happens they share back and it creates a great work environment.
Pros
Great foo, prepared fresh always from scratch
Cons
Upper Management has a lot of control, you really can't talk to them
Good place to work clients can be demanding
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2015
Good place to work clients can be demanding. Work force is low end Pay them more get better employees. Budgets are extremely tight.
An excellent company to work for
Project Manager / Cafeteria Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 26, 2015
I have been with SFM for 18 years, mostly in management. This is a very well rounded, stable company to work for. I have had 3 regional managers over my tenure and each has been very supportive.