Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Mangement Sorry
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2018
Need better managers , People are nice and friendly, clean and safe environment. Work hard and must not be afraid of heights and follow protocol and rules
Great company to work for
Treasury Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2018
I had 14 years at SGWS and moved up within the company at a fast pace. SGWS provides management training and wine/spirits training. There are many routes you can take within the company weather its management, off sale, on sale or even the supplier side of the industry.
Pros
advancement
Cons
my position bering dissolved
hard to work for
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 18, 2018
This company pays the top executives too much and doesn't pay the people on the street doing the work enough to live comfortably. if you can get hired in management position your golden.
Competative Company
Chain Procurement (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 16, 2018
SGWS is a competative company with many areas to work.
Great co-workers who are helpful and management willing to help in times of need.
SGWS is always working to make areas of each department better in some way either through training or group socials.
Overall good company if you only want to make about 40k a year
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 14, 2018
A lot of hard work days. You will move the same cases 4 and 5 times especially with your chain stores. It's a good company there is a good work/life balance which is great if you only want to make 40k per year. You will jump from route to route to keep your hours down, meaning if you have a long route one day then you will be given a short route the next day.
Pros
Good home time
Cons
Pay
Fun company
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 13, 2018
Fun company to work for 75 -100 calls a day plus the paperwork that comes across your desk. You stay busy with the paperwork, but you also have time to socialize with co workers.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Blackout during Christmas
Another stepping stone In widening my job description
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 12, 2018
I had a lot of fun working the charity events and fundraisers and I enjoyed the traveling and such to do so. We as employees and promotional models were taken care of very well by employers.
Great Family Benefits
Accounts Payable \ Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed the wide array of employee/ Family benefits package that gave me peace of mind..however upper management needs to be mire in touch with the people that make them look great on a daily basis
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Merchandiser
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
Incentives are very hard to hit, pay is little and reimbursement is lacking as well. You have way too many accounts to hit in one day, hard to build relationships when you can't get to all of your accounts consistently
Blue collar work, but not too difficult
Warehouse Porter (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 7, 2018
I don't really have any complaints about my time with SGWS. Most of coworkers are friendly and work with you. In my position as porter, I spend most of my time cleaning floors and removing trash. It can be tedious and a bit dull, but I couldn't ask for a better culture. Management tends to be busy keeping the place running, but they are always quick to let me know if something needs my immediate attention.
ok
Alaska State Pricing Manager & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 3, 2018
OK place to work, as long as you make your sales goals, otherwise watch your back, not much training or help in doing your job, hit the streets and make it happen.
Pros
Cons
no job security
Distribution Job
Customer Development Manager- National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
Good Career Starter in the Bev Alc Industry, depening on the area, there is a decent amount of opportunity to advance your career. Geographically speaking there are lot's of opportunities from coast to coast.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
hard to advance
Amazing Company to work for
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 27, 2018
Overall was an amazing company to work for. Each day everyone came in ready to work. It was fast pace job so the learning curve was short but easy to catch on in what needs to be done. Before starting work all of night shift workers get together to do micro stretches to prevent any injuries as well to learn what will be going on for the night product wise.
Pros
Family environment, everyone works together as a team, union participation encouraged
Southern wine and spirits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJune 26, 2018
SWS was a great place to work out. I started my career in outside sales with SWS. They taught me how to upsell and introduce new products in a low pressure sales environment.
productive fast paced work environment, autonomy, great health insurance and perks
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 25, 2018
Prospecting new sales opportunities to merchandise product in retail accounts. Learning about the brands you sell through online training and suppliers. Management did a great job of recognizing success. Workplace culture friendly and fun. Hardest part of job was the driving and wear and tear on your own car. The most enjoyable were the perks, free gifts, social dinners, and team events.
Pros
Cool perks, friendly team atmosphere, flexibility, stay in shape
Cons
wear and tear on car, working holidays
Productive fast pace manual labor
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 25, 2018
It was productive fast paced very physical not for everybody 10 hours a day to sumtimes 15 everybody helps everybody truly a team . Every body gets along with each other .
Pros
Great benefits great wages great industry to be apart of
Cons
Wasn't permanent
Hard work and no work advancement
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAJune 25, 2018
Southern wine was a great learning experience. I learned here the money isn’t everything. Breaking your back for a company that could replace you in a heartbeat isn’t worth the stress on your body and life. The lack of careeer advancement due to the union regulations sucks. You could put your 110% in at work and while some one else puts their 35% in they will advance in the next opening due to seniority. No matter how hard you work you’ll be stuck in the spot your in due to seniority.
Pros
Cons
To much to list
fun work place with flexability
Promotional Manager (Current Employee) –  Grimes, IAJune 24, 2018
I loved working for SGWS. I have been there 6 years. I love that I can work form home, travel to events if I desire, and create relationships not only with other employees but with outside consumers as well.
Amazing people that are driven for success
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2018
I had an amazing time working for Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. Each day I was able to apply my general knowledge of spirits while working with customers.
Southern Glazers Wine and Spirits Review
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
Tons and tons of driving.

Some people are not meant to be District Sales Managers, and that impact new hires and their progression

Benefits are great

After oct 15th, employees cannot take any time off from work

Be ready to work 6 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight