Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits

United States1,519 reviews

Found 1,519 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,528 reviews
glazersgwssouthernspiritliquorsalesupplierterritory

Fun

Fun fast paced environment. If you are just starting out and want to learn the ropes of sales this is a very goodPlace to start. Everyone is fun to work with and extremely helpful.

Fun and Inspiring to work with great brands

Great brands to sell and great way to connect with biz owners. Helpful managers and organization. Can really develop into a career. Training and support is there.

Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Good ole boys place owners want total control over your every move. Don’t express your opinion, they don’t care.

Big company with outdated men in charge. Managers have no control over their employees. Meeting were just a full load of everyone yelling at each other. Not fun to listen to.

Good opportunity to get out of the bar/server scene

SGWS provides a great opportunity for people in the service industry who would like to begin a career as opposed to just having a job. Getting away from the nightlife and bar scene and 3 AM closings and double doubles can be a great relief for firmer bartenders and servers. There’s a great training program as relates to products and processes but no true sales training of any kind. As a Manager, it’s a completely different experience. Constantly dealing with employee turnover, upper management is invisible with little or no direction other than constant negative reinforcement without any balance or appreciation / acknowledgment for achievements and positive results. Sweat shop mentality, no bonus structure for Managers, and no clear path for growth.

Pros

Great benefits, can be a fun environment

Cons

Weak upper management - negative reinforcement model w no balance

Solid place to work for long term employees

The culture at SGWS is pretty good. I think that they have gone a little too far in regards to promotions, or senior level hiring. Unless you are a minority or a female. Being a white male you probably don't have a chance. The people that you work with are great though, and there can be some fun team outings. Overall a pretty good place to work if you are content with the job you are hired for.

Pros

Great benefits and solid pay

Cons

Diversity and inclusion to the extreme

This place is dog balls.

The management is cruel and does not care about their customers. They are bonused on sales of substandard products. Your job will always be on the line. Quotas are many and all are unreasonable. They sell generic products from huge conglomerates. Stick with the smaller wine wholesalers, you will be much happier.

Great benefits and Personal Freedom

As a Sales Rep, you are salaried. Commission payoff largely depends on your territory. I work in the drugstore division which is VERY small, so not as much pay as you can potentially make. Bosses are super nice and laid back. The environment is very warm and you feel like you're part of a family. Nailing commission is the hardest part of the job especially now in today's economy. You do have a lot of freedom since you're essentially you're on boss (no micromanagement!) I was a Merchandiser for two years before I got promoted.

Sometime chaotic and very demanding

Deliveries to stores were sometimes delayed for lack of drivers and also on many occasions issues within the main storage and distribution due to broken belt lines and lack of workers and poor management within the building.

Pros

Ability to do job almost anytime of the day as long as store was open.

Cons

No discounts on liquior

Very bad work environment management tries to somewhat bully you.

Worst organization I ever worked for that do not care about hard working employees here. They don’t train you well at all and somewhat bully you too.

Pros

The moneys good sometimes they give you free food

Cons

Management never seem to be on the same page.

Bad management

They will have you every where every day, no set route even tho you choose a route, they have their favorites, they do not respect personal health.. .

Pros

3 days off

Cons

Calls from your boss 24/7, doing somebody else’s stops, cameras in the trucks

My manager was amazing

They would add more stores and a lot more cases and ask you to do other peoples job because they are short handed because everyone has left but will not pay you more for the extra they add to you. With the economy the way it is and you use your own car yes the pay a gas allowance but the pay and gas allowance isn’t enough for those the world is right now. It’s sad when you go above and beyond for a company and you can’t even make it to your next pay check after paying bills and getting gas to make it to work. When you bring this all up you get shut down and no one listens.

Set schedule is a great thing we have just never know when we are clocking out

I needed a job to get me in the right direction and Southern has. Great stepping stone to where I wanna be. I don’t believe they will allow me to move up in the company with my education that I have.

Pros

They feed us and only four days a week

Cons

Never know when we are getting off and it’s night shift

Overall Great Company - just don't stay too long

Don't plan on fair market compensation if you stay too long and want to advance your career. The salary increase that should come with a new position/promotion is limited.

The people who worked with me were awesome but the workload was massive. Long hours, sometimes 16+ in a day to come back maybe an hour after our original starting time. They would also take one of our days off and say it's a mandatory workday and if you call out or don't show up it would be held against you.

Lots of Growth

Good ole boy system. Be ready to show up and work your tail off to get noticed. There's some growth opportunities, but they don't come around often. Especially here in the Dallas area.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Micro Mgt

Pay is good, lots of OT

The pay is very good for a warehouse job. The night shift is fun and goes quick. Once you get used to the work is not too bad. The managers are laid back as long as you complete your tasks.

Used to be fun

Was originally a great place to work, but after the "restructure" the company failed miserably to take care of their employees or customers. Advise to management - back your employees.

Pros

Samples

Cons

Too many to list

Great place to learn about the beverage industry

Job can be pretty relaxed and work/life balance was nice. Benefits were great but I left due to how they changed the way they pay. Definitely keep track of your earnings via your pay stub and be ready to fight tooth and nail for your hard earned money because they don't track your earnings or incentives correctly. It started out great but towards the end, everyone from sales reps to leadership was jumping ship. Management is burned out or acts like it's a fraternity. The culture can get super gross (ie leadership giving accolades to a sales rep who's wife died that week and he was out working his butt off. )If you want to succeed be ready to lie to buyers and be ready to do damage control on the driver's terrible attitudes and your boss's poor communication skills. Good luck!

Very Stable Career A Chance To Grow And Learn New Things.

I Have Been Working Here For 6 Six Years At Southern Glazer Company, I Have Met So Many Professional People's Here, Learning New Things And Learning And Moving Forward And Meeting New People's, working 10 To 12 Hours A Day, And Workload Can Be Stressful Sometimes!

good but mainly bad

the good is that you stay busy the bad is that the job is not fit or accommodate for women of mid age of women it's not a job that they say it is until your there and realize that even the hardest working lady couldn't last long there and the hiring process and background/drug test don't ensure that if u take mental health medication u could lose your job because they never ask u if u may take anything that could interfere. so yes they let me go 2 days later for something out of my hands that could've been prevented b4 me turning another great job opportuniti down

Pros

lots of cardio

Cons

work load is harder than job explains during hiring process not accommodate for mid aged woman

Leave out late, arrive back late

Wait about 2 hours just to leave out everyday. Trucks are almost never loaded in time. Please don’t get hurt because you are treated less than by the manager of transportation. Not only do you stress about getting better, you have to stress about being “rushed” back to your original job duties without being fully recovered. They only care about getting bodies to drive. There is no room for growth. There is plenty of overtime though.

Common questions about Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits

Answered by current and former employees at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss