Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits
65Average

Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews

United States1,215 reviews
Found 1,215 reviews matching the search
A real good company to work for. Family oriented and respectful to your own family. Willing to work with you on any personal matters that may arise. Just an all around good company.
Supervisor can't make a decision. They are like puppet on a string. And way to much favoritism!!!!.some employees should not even be their I have seen fight and people get bullied
Pros
Pay and pto
Cons
Management paul Gottfried was the worst
The goals set are often attainable- if you’re ok with bribing certain stores with money from your own pocket or tickets to a drake concert. If you try to complain about this unjustness you’re told that you don’t know your sales pitches well enough. Also, if you complain about anyone in a store sexually harassing you, likely the best you’ll get is a manager asking if you *really* want to move forward with your complaint because it will open a can of worms. I wouldn’t recommend this as a first job out of college, you get little to no respect as a human until you’re doing on premise or are an area manager.
Pros
Free alcohol
Was harassed my manager for months! Eventually he ended up running into the back of my picker and pinning me into my machine! Reported him multiple among multiple times and nothing was done! Urbandale Iowa location! Have texts and messages from managers supervisor to prove it!
Pros
I loved what I did!
Cons
Management and getting yelled at for taking lunch break
This is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anybody looking to make good money and earn great benefits.The management is great from top to bottom and there is always open communication
Pros
Benefits and pay, free meals often
Cons
Overtime during busy seasons
Very unfriendly and unprofessional management. Co-workers were un-happy. High turnover of staff. Company always promised chance for advantagement, only if you were in the old boys club.
The only good thing about working here is the 19/hr with overtime, the insurance plans, and the paid leave. If you are looking for a company that will treat you with any sort of respect or dignity, I suggest you keep looking. The supervisors are untouchable, despite constant harrassment, threats, and not knowing what their job is. The management is unqualified, and don't do anything to fix the situation. Favoritism based on race is a huge problem that'll likely never get fixed. It's almost impossible to transfer anywhere if you work nights as they would rather hire out for day crew. I 100% approve of the companies practice on the corporate level, But this particular location has numerous flaws.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
horrible leadership, favoritism, harrassment, and unachievable expectations.
They are very interested in diversity. They show you the expectations and expect perfection, they help you get there. Self motivation is key. Sales experience is necessary.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Sales
Senior management has let this business go to shambles. They need to stop hiring VP’s that have no clue from off of the street. It only takes one person without skills to mess up the whole management team.
Benefits
Cons
Work / Life balance
Sothern Glazers is a good place to work for great staff great employees they’re down to the point get in get out I just wish they weren’t closing, Merging with the Houston market is putting a lot of people out of jobs and with this time with the COVID-19 going on it’s really hard for people to find employment wish there was another way that they can work around just pushing us out
I worked for Southern a few years back, The management team that was in place was different than the one today. I can hostility say that i would truly enjoy the opportunity to re-join the company, the new team seems more focused on the employee. I believe i can be an asset to the team.
Pay is commensurate with likeability. Three-tier communication system. Weird atmosphere. Some co-workers speak, some don't. Tons of gossip. TONS OF GOSSIP.
Pros
Discounted, sometimes free alcohol or food
Cons
Glass ceilings
Great place and good people to work with, good management.
A lot to learn, good location, good culture I learned a lot of new

applications, distribution, warehousing, reporting, typing
Mejor atención a los buenos empleados será más funcional.
This people work you like slaves
Management needs training

Management lies

All they care about is $$ and not the employees

Once the company hires you they make you work nights schedule mandatory for new hires
Amazing family oriented company to work for fun and exciting atmosphere the people really like their Jobs and everyone has a winning attitude to become better everyday
Pros
Salary, working from the field, benefits
Cons
Commute time to territory. This vary person to person.
There were always management issues.
Managements did not provide necessary training for their employees and expected them to be perfect at it.

Piece of advice: do not trust management even though they give you hope because the result will be deceiving.
assembly glaciers wine and spirits is a very hard and competitive place to work that but it also helped me new things about working in Warehouse like teamwork and being all time and helping others with you when they needed the help I never know how to drive a forklift until I ended up working at southern Glazer's wine and spirits I never know but supervisors actually get on the floor and help you work until I started working the supplications wine Express now for anybody that would like to work there just know you would been working long nights to keep the company running but it's a great place to work thank you
The work environment was unsafe most of the time and no regard for the product being shipped. Respect between the workers and management was nonexistant.
The company tells you a completely different story once they wine and dine you in the beginning. They state your salary is much higher, opportunities are always available and fast advancement is achievable. None of this is true. You will be overworked and underpaid completely. While yes, you do learn the ins and outs of certain wines you don't get to use your knowledge often. Your job only consists of stocking wine and ordering for accounts. "Sales pitches" is once every blue moon. You also will NOT be working with one of the biggest winery, you will only be partners with them and merchandising their product.
Official response from Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits
May 28, 2020
We're disappointed to hear about the disconnect in your experience during interviews compared to your day-to-day duties on the role. Rest assured we will review your feedback with our talent team to properly set expectations for future candidates. Thank you for your review.
Great job easy going wish I could have stayed longer but the job was from a temp agency so it was cur short but overall great job good job to get in shape with
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight