Southern Health Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
You will officially feel like an inmate.... Do I even have a home?
Former LPN (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2017
Love the jail and the staff! Be prepared to work all the time if your jail is short. Short staff is a major issue. If you love your family, don't come to this company. For the simple fact, if your jail is short staffed you will work every shift and you will never see your family. They expect you to work 16 hours and come back the next day and repeat. The job is not worth the money. If you are salary.... Bless it. You are suppose to get holidays off as well, that would be nice if they did comply with that. Asking for help is like pulling teeth from an alligator. Everyday that I went to work, I would say, "Thank goodness I like my jail people" but that got old. There is no respect at all from this company.
Pros
Jail Staff
Cons
Over worked, Under paid, Forgot that I had a family.....
Words can not describe
Medical Records Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 27, 2017
I have worked for this company for over 6 months. They are tight wads. Won't spend an extra penny if they don't have to, but the VP walkes around with top of the line everything. Our site was under staffed because they would spend the money to hire another nurse. They will work you to the bone and won't pay you enough.
Pros
Cons
Everything, corporate
Not good company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCJuly 13, 2017
They care nothing about their employees, if family emergency comes up they do not care. If you have to be off for medical leave they give your FT job away and make you come back Prn. Pay sucks. They will take away your prn when ever they want even at last minute call you off even after driving 2 hrs. If you are hired FT why should you have to come back prn after medical leave. Training sucks and if you pick up job after someone else you have to clean up their mess and you get blamed for their mistakes. I recommend not working for this company
Cons
The worse environment to work because of Corporate
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJuly 3, 2017
Never, ever consider working for this company. You WILL NOT get help from the corporate office. Benefits are none. MTAs are a joke. Director is even worse. Corporate could care less. Good luck if you even consider a job with them.
Pros
Cons
NO ONE cares!!!
Fun environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 10, 2017
Although this job was working for a jail, It did have that family feel. We all got along and the work never was neglected. Commute was close to my home. I would recommend this job to someone else.
stressful ,lack of staffing
Medical Sevice Coordinator - LPN (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 6, 2017
Safe environment but stressful due to lack of staff. Difficult to find nurses to work in the correctional health care site. Custody staff very supportive of medical and ensures their security at all times.
Misplaced Priorities
Site Administrator, Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2017
I worked for this company for 3 and a half years, and all I can say is I would not go back. I worked for 3 years a one specific facility and in my entire time there i may have had 7 actual lunch breaks. They work their employees on a bare minimum staffing at 12 and a half hours so that they can automatically deduct your lunch, but did not provide appropriate staffing to allow for breaks. On weekends I was the only staff present, so therefore, as a nurse there was NO way I could have clocked out and taken a 30 minute lunch. My patient to nursing ratio was around 3 nursed to 400 inmates on weekdays and 1 nurse to 400 inmates on the weekends. If not for the relationships I made with the officers I worked with, and having just had my second child i would have been gone much sooner. And to be clear, I was neither fired nor quit without notice. I actually gave them a full 3 weeks notice, because that was what was required to get your PTO time paid out.
Pros
Good clinical experience
Cons
Poor staffing, minimal chance for advancement, see reivew.
stressful
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Ellijay, GAMay 1, 2017
Waiting on jail staff to be able to do your own job is difficult to deal with, although I loved all the staff at the jail. The hours were difficult. One day I would work evening shift and the next I would work morning shift and the next I would have to work 16hrs. So my body never knew if I were washing or hanging out.
Pros
unsupervised
Cons
hours
Amazing!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 18, 2017
I Love going into work, I NEVER wake up and say "ugh I don't want to work today" I work every weekend and still LOVE it! This company is great and so amazing!
fun place to work
CORRECTIONAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Franklin, KYApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time with SHP, management was acceptable. SHifts were manageable and work environment was pleasurable. I would work for this company again.
Pros
flexiable 12 hiur shifts
Cons
enviroment could be intimidating
This company is a nursing meat-grinder.
Staff Nurse/LPN (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NC 28677April 9, 2017
Understaffed and Unsafe: While working nights at one of their contracted county jails the work ratio could be as bad as one nurse to 350 inmates. A nursing position at this company is VERY UNREWARDING AND MENTALLY / PHYSICALLY EXHAUSTING. As to the management in Tennessee, you are simply a worker bee peon who pays their bills.
Lvn
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kaufman, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Not a good place to work.The Management only cares about themselves.They lie just to get what they want.The pay is horrible.They pay their best employees VERY BAD.The jail would be better off managing their own Medical Unit.The employees are starting to speak up and voice their opinion to the jail administration.Hopefully they will listen before all the good Nurses are gone
Pros
No Pros AT ALL
Cons
Too many too name
Loved the job. Company, not so good.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 11, 2017
The job itself is great. The inmates, guards, and admin staff are cool to work with. There's a ton of autonomy. A single nurse for 150+ inmates. A large variety of tasks- medpasses, sick calls, assessments, triage, wound care, tx according to protocol, etc... No two days the same.
There's virtually no training. No one from the company is there when you have questions. The company doesn't approve or send necessary supplies. Works you to the bone, because they're so understaffed. Doesn't care if you need time off, want to work at another facility, need to adjust schedule.
Pros
Autonomy, variety, great jail staff.
Cons
Company doesn't train, support, or care about employees.
Run. Don't walk!
LPN (Former Employee) –  NunyaJanuary 30, 2017
This company is terrible. Their "management" team is terrible. I was appaled at the way the staff nurses and even the head nurses were treated. That company makes it WELL KNOWN how replaceable you are. They do not value their employees whatsoever. There is a revolving door of staff for a reason. Their employee policies are pitiful, and quite obviously written with the intent to pad upper mangements pocketbooks. Corporate couldn't care less about the hard-working, dedicated employees that are actually comitted to providing great health care to inmates. All they care about is money and avoiding lawsuits at all costs, and will throw their nurses under the bus if it gets them off the hook. They hire incompetent DON's who can't even do a simple med pass and take it out on their floor nurses when the DON looks stupid in front of the jail administrator because he/she has no idea what's going on in the jail because they never leave the office. The pay is miserable. Walk away. No, RUN. READ THE REVIEWS. THEY'RE HORRIBLE FOR A REASON. THE ONLY GOOD ONES ARE PLACED THERE BY CORPORATE IN ATTEMPT TO DEFLECT THE BAD ONES.
Pros
The jail staff was amazing. Got a lot of great experience.
Cons
The constant feeling of being on the Titanic
Could be an outstanding working experience.
LPN @ a correctional facility (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, S.C..January 12, 2017
Average company.Basic employment.There were episodes of less than adequate information dissemination.The communication between corporate and the field was not effective enough to create a cohesive working environment.The corporate office issued a notice of termination of services to the facility where we were employed without notifying the employees.The company would benefit from an ongoing educational program.
Pros
Pay was timely.
Cons
Inadequate communication
Was a wonderful place to work. Admired the nurses who worked there
3-11 Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 6, 2017
This position as a supervisor was a wonderful opportunity to enhance my abilities and allowed great responsibilities to manage staff and work.
I had a great respect for my coworkers.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The hours..
Poor professionalism, poor management
Manager, LPN (Former Employee) –  SCJanuary 2, 2017
0 stars. Was a dedicated staff nurse thrown into a management opportunity (due to lack of staff). Poor training or no training, no help from regional, terrible attitudes, lack of knowledge as to goings on in facilities, and the list goes on. My biggest shock was that even the most dependable, hardworking nurses were taken advantage of and treated with disrespect.
Pros
Toughens you up
Cons
No help
Correctional Nursing Good But facility was terrible
LPN (Current Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 31, 2016
I was thrown in with very little training and said here you go. I learned quickly and did enjoy it at first. I was then offered a higher position and took it but it still felt like I was under the previous holder of the position. On call all the time. Jailor was unable to speak with me directly about any issues that he had with me. I do still in enjoy correctional nursing but I don't enjoy being in an environment that is high school all over again.
Pros
good work experience, hours
Cons
expensive benefits, No respect, Constant hounding about stupid stuff, co workers
Your pretty much on your own
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, AR 72712December 23, 2016
I love this job at first, until I had to pretty much do 9 jobs in 1 without the help from corporate whenever we were short staffed. Our regional managers were never available to help in our time of need.
Pros
working alone
Cons
No help from our regional managers
Not horrible, but certainly room for improvement.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 28, 2016
The experience completely depends on the facility you are employed in and the nurses you work with. For more than a year I was employed without a single complaint or issue - as soon as I switched to another facility it was an entirely different story. I attempted to express concerns and was ignored repeatedly by management. The other nurse at that facility was very difficult to communicate with and complained constantly, even making false accusations to management. Ultimately, I was told I would need to switch facilities (although there were no comparable or full time positions anywhere near my location) - the job I was working was posted the following day, and it was apparent that I had no choice but to resign. Have never felt more under appreciated or ignored in my life.
Pros
OT always available
Cons
management, understaffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Health Partners, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9