Southern Health Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

Challenging job
Medical Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wentworth, NCAugust 20, 2019
Overall job wasn't bad but no support from corporate. Unrealistic expectation to cover unit without help from regional director. Not a family friendly employer.
Wouldn't recommend
SHIFT NURSE (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 18, 2019
There is not any support from higher ups. Not enough ojt. They are short staffed at every job site. They lie about everything. Regional talks bad about other staff members. They dont value you as an employee . Jail employees date the nurses which is against policy but they dont so anything about it
They play favorites
Very risky for your license
Licenced Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 5, 2019
I would not recommend I worked there two years. Supervisors will through you under the bus to save their own. You are overwhelmed with the workload. Short staffing is always an issue.
Supervisor/manager horrible person
LPN Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 5, 2019
Managers/supervisors play favorites/ hate “Yankees” they don’t have your back with the jails. Throw you on assignments where the full time nurse is lazy and leaves all their work for you to do in 1-2 days that should have been done over the course of a month.

The nurses curse at the inmates, give them needles when they shouldn’t have them. They don’t float the meds as per policy of the company. Horrible lazy nurses !

Don’t wear a tank top driving three hours to the jail in the summer bc of a nurse calling out ! Then put your scrub top on overtop the tank top when you get there! Bc you will get fired for that!

Don’t complain to your supervisor about how a nurse speaks to an inmate telling them to get the “Truck” out of medical and that they better not put another “trucking” sick call in bc it won’t b e replied to and we will take your money for it though!! That’s how these nurses spoke to the inmates. Ridiculous! I don’t care who you are or what you do as an inmate. You are still a patient at the end of the day! I will do my best for medical care but within my scope of practice. And I won’t take advantage of the guards like a lot of nurses did. I will use their time efficiently and schedule with them unless it’s emergency!

An inmate was throwing up black sputum for two days straight per guards and the 8 gallon tub of vomit I saw! Detoxing! I told my supervisor the day shift nurse that if he continues to please send to ER! Only because she refused to let me send him out Right then and there! I came back into work after 24 hours for my shift he was still there
  more... ! I called EMS and sent him out he was in ICU three months and they said I saved his life! Yet my supervisor and day shift nurse said he was faking it.

A lieutenant didn’t want me floating meds bc it took too long! I refused and followed policy! I got in trouble by my supervisor for making him mad!

Horrible management! I hope she is gone!
Bad Company policies!
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 2, 2019
Company lost contract - 9 nurses lost jobs. No attempt by company to transfer to other positions available. Very bad company to work for. Only one (Nurse) RN for 7p-7a for up to 450 inmates.
Enjoyed working with local staff. Not much contact with management. Only worked part-time and prn.
RN Staff Nurse - part-time/prn (Former Employee) –  Edgecombe County, NCJuly 19, 2019
Good job for retired RN. Good working relationship with local management and other staff members and correctional staff. Work environment was as expected in a correctional setting. Adequate safety measures in place for employees. There was no hard part to job. The entire job requirements were basic nursing skills - assessment, treatment, medication administration, and following company and facility protocols in dealing with inmates.
Not a good company to work for.
MTA director (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 14, 2019
Unprofessional management and doesn’t take up for the employees and bad training.No job security if something they don’t like, you may walk in and be fired without any warning or investigation of problem, always short handed.
Always interesting and challenging, I love the autonomy.
Chronic Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2019
Very nice company to work for I have had my share of aggravation with the job. I have been listened to and had a team of people willing to work with me to resolve any concerns.
Great work family
LVN Medical Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXJuly 7, 2019
Great company to work for! Understanding and compassionate family-like environment. Very helpful! Versatile with shift with the understanding that you get your hours in a work done.
Pros
Great work family
Cons
Insurance is expensive
Great career and good company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 7, 2019
I began my career as part time with SHP. I never saw myself in the correctional field but now I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. I have always had terrific support from my regional. Just like with all nursing there are days that are high stress. If you have a good relationship with jail staff your days will be 100% better. You have to maintain a good balance between caring and tough. All in all it is a great job and a great company.
decent
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJuly 3, 2019
decent place to work. Management is why I left, and she no longer works there either. But I did like my job there. Inmates can be rough to deal with, but most are nice to nurses
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
high egos from security staff
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJuly 3, 2019
Loved working for them. I would recommend them as an employer. Although remotely located corporation, the culture was supportive and the remoteness was not evident.
Pay and Benefits are somewhat insulting!!
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knox County, TNJuly 2, 2019
I like my job. I love what I do. I am a 20+ yr Veteran Nurse. I do not make enough money to elect benefits because I cant afford them. The benefit rates are high, coverage is low. I get paid less than a nurse fresh out of school. I won't stay long. I cant afford to.
Pros
Love my job. Love what I do.
Cons
Pay and benefits are extremely pathetic and disgraceful
I love what I do!!
Medical Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 22, 2019
I have been with SHP for 7 years. I love what I do, and the company that I work for. I have been a nurse for over 20 years. Working ER, ICU, and corrections. I love helping people and my SHP family! If you have never tried correctional nursing you should! Is every day easy no, but every day is a chance to learn something new. The support that you get from managers, regionals, directors is great. They are always there to help you when ever you need.
Have nothing to comment on
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carthage, NCJune 18, 2019
Im part time not informed with the company never meet any one any one from the company no supervisor at all in the 8 years i have been with the company onlt talk with payroll a few times over the years
I enjoy working for this company
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 18, 2019
Good place to work...great schedule. Enjoy each jail i work at. Reginal manager is great to work with very informative and answers all question prominently
Good Job
MTA RN (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 10, 2019
I am the current MTA at Anderson County Detention Center. I started here as staff nurse. I work with a great group of nurses and correctional officers. Our staff works well with each other and with detention staff. We all have the same goals for our team and we support each other. The environment is face paced at times but is never unmanageable. Supervisors are available for support 24/7. The most difficult part of this job is learning how to nurse in a correctional setting. There are rules that have to be followed and unlike other jobs you cannot just go to a patient to evaluate medicate or check one without having an officer. However I will say that as a former ER nurse I feel very safe here. Our officers have our safety in mind at all times and help us to complete our daily work quickly and efficiently. This is a job where you get what you give. If you come in with a positive attitude and treat people with respect that is exactly what you get back.
Rules do not apply for everyone
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 5, 2019
The new regional manager has ran off good employees because she thinks she runs every jail . She picks and chooses who she likes and will get rid of who she doesn’t like . It doesn’t matter how hard you work , if your not willing to kiss butt you won’t last . They backstab and promise things that don’t happen . They are only out for themselves . Stay away !!
Faat paced and great place to work
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 4, 2019
I enjoy working for SHP, there is a new challenge everday, but most of all there is TEAM WORK! If I have a question or not sure of the situation, I know our supervisor will go above and beyond to try and help. It is like working in a mini ER, the Dr has trust in the nurses and we make a decision together to ensure the inmates get proper care. I would recommend SHP to anyone that likes a fast paced environment to work in!!
Pros
Team work including jail staff
Benefits
Fair and flexible
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 4, 2019
Flexible scheduling, intellectually challenging, fair, team approach to problem solving, I feel my input is appreciated, always stimulating work (never boring), sense of comaradary, supervisor addresses concerns promptly.
Pros
Flexibility, stimulating work, feel appreciated
Cons
Correctional work is not for the weak minded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Health Partners, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.