Southern Health Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
good company to work for
Corrections Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJune 27, 2018
working for this company was new experience hiring process was super easy and fast unlike other hiring processes very little training but staff and management open and helpful i enjoyed working out of my element schedule just wasnt right for me at the time
Great Place to Work!
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  CorporateJune 11, 2018
I love working for Southern Health Partners. They offer many benefits including insurance, 401K, and paid time off. They offer free CEU credit hours for nurses-up to 24 hours a year. Overall it is a very great place to work!
Pros
Benefits, incentives, training
Long Term, Ethical, Dedicated to their Cause
Sr. VP Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 6, 2018
SHP has become more than just a place to work. The teams we work with are members of our family. We support one another in providing the best patient care possible in what are sometimes less than perfect circumstances. The nurses we have the privilege of working alongside make every day better than the one that came before! #SHPNursesCare
Pros
Ethics, Service, Making a Difference
Love it!
Correctional Nurse (Current Employee) –  TNJune 2, 2018
Amazing place. Wonderful people.
Amazing place. Wonderful people.
Administered prescribed medications.
Instructed inmates concerning discharge planning.
Instructed and supervised correctional staff regarding inmate health care and needs.
Maintained accurate medical records.
Provided emergency first aid care and wound care.
Provided healthcare education for both inmates and correctional staff.
Pros
all
Cons
I would not recommend this company to any nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pickens, SCJune 1, 2018
Short staffed.
Management pretends they care to your face but actions show otherwise.
They are so desperate for employees they will choose anyone from nurses to doctors. Some even barely passed their background check.
When you plead for help you will be ignored but when something happens due to lack of employees you will be blamed.
Pay is the lowest offered and yet you work directly with max inmates.

I've worked in corrections for 8 years. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Owner just need to shut doors and find a new hobby.
Pros
Jail staff are amazing
Cons
Too many to list here
It's a good place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse- PRN (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 25, 2018
It can be a good place to work. If some things were changed to make the job less stressful, such as different method of pulling, passing, and documenting med passes; it would be great. There is a lot of redundant paperwork. Everyone is helpful as a team and the job makes you use your clinical skills due to the variety of people that you treat.
Pros
Helpful learning environment
Cons
Excessive redundant paperwork
The company does not care about its employees
LPN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2018
Training that was promised was never completed. You are thrown to the wolves and left to learn on your own. I like autonomy but not abandonment, the company only cares about money but not the employees or the inmates.
Great place to work, poor management
Med tech (Former Employee) –  Warren County, KYMay 15, 2018
The charge nurse and manager sit in the office gossiping and talking badly about everyone in the entire jail. Take that away and my absolute favorite job of all time! I worked very independently and could work at my own pace, pay was fair and the other staff was so friendly and helpful!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Company doesnt care about nurses
MTA (Former Employee) –  KYMay 9, 2018
I worked for this company and corporate doesn't support regional managers or nurses. Little or no pay raises. They will take jailers word over their employees just to keep jailer happy
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
No team work. Unexceptable regional managers
LPN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 29, 2018
Would not recommend this company. Too many cons to mention. I have been with this company 4yrs and everyday it literally gets worse. I Keep hoping for change that never comes. Regional managers never tell you the truth and the pay is horrible not to mention the insurance. Until a complete overhaul is done of these regional managers I'm sure they will lose more and more contracts at facilities.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention.

Want to know more about Southern Health Partners, Inc.?

Ask a question
Very stressful
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCApril 25, 2018
Poor management and management very not reliable. Don't tell the truth and don't care about others. Didn't care about you being sick just as long you came to work. Very poor pay and no one is going to work for free. Not good support with the staff and always engaged in telling a straight lie. This company need to look into their management team because some of them need to be replaced quickly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overworked and not reliable
Exciting opportunity and great people in leadership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2018
What an exciting place to work and serve a needy population. I can't say enough about the leadership of this company and their focus on doing what is right for clients, employees and patients. Keeping in mind the county clients the company has worked hard to earn and keep business for over a period of 25 plus years this is a difficult business. Attracting and keeping quality health professionals is a daily task and it is key to the future of this company.

Another unique thing about this company is that leadership has actually been around a long time, has been in the trenches and knows the job that is done on site very well. That is unique and a valuable part of this company. They understand and appreciate the daily work and dedication it takes to manage difficult situations and patients.

I have also witnessed the true dedication of the regional teams, hours on the road and working hard with their teams to manage patient care.

I am blessed to be a part of this place and hope others will realize what the true potential for the future of this company can be and join us.
Pros
Strong and qualified leadership
Cons
A difficult and needy population to serve
This company should be audited, fined and shut down.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 5, 2018
The only good thing was most of the staff. Very hard working individuals, doing the best they can. Most had the inmates best interest in mind. A typical day is delivering medications, sick call and then another medication pass.
Jail Administration tries to dictate to the medical staff how to provide medical care to inmates, putting your license in jeopardy. It was all about the cost, causing Medical and mental health care to be at the very least - minimal. The jail admin. would bully and throw paperwork at medical staff, swear and intimidate us. SHP did nothing to back you up. They made excuses, stating they are the customer, medical is a vendor. And if you complained, the repercussion was you were let go. I have never been treated so poorly as a trained professional. SHP’s and the jail’s expectation were just unbelievable. It was like being caught in a cross fire.
Short staffing was always an issue. There were times you would be forced to work 23 hours straight or be turned in for abandonment.
SHP is a prime example of why medical care in correctional facilities should be monitored more closely. Jail Administration is over stepping boundaries. Never work for this company if you value your license.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Jail Admin. dictating how inmates should be cared for, with no medical training. Short staffing. Hostile environment
Review
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 9, 2018
Worked in same facility 2 years TOO long, the MTA is all about prestige, making her self look good to Jail and SHP administration. MTA would preach teamwork but was NEVER part of doing any teamwork, an overall narcissistic person that made the overall medical unit poorly managed. Corporate could care less about your dedication to your facility, or anything else as long as you work. SHP offers nothing but a very low pay scale, in a very HI risk work environment. One nurse to an average of 400 inmates for 12 to 16 hours on a daily basis. High staffing turnover rate. The only positive was working with some amazing detention officers, as they was the only ones that had your back because corporate nor the MTA will. Was a good nursing and life experience, but horrible company to work FOR definitely not a company that will work WITH you. Do not recommend!
Pros
Independent
Cons
Everything else
busy job
Registered Nurse, Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 26, 2018
Very busy job and didn't have enough staff to do the quality of care needed to take care of the patients. I was the MTA and worked the schedule. This is all I can say about the job.
Correctional facility
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Rarely had issues with inmates. Swing shift was a killer for me. Difficult to work 12 hours on days for 2-3 days, off one day and switch to night shift. Pay was reasonable but did feel somewhat overwhelmed with # of inmates.
Love the company
RN (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 30, 2018
It’s an opportunity to utilize all your assessment skills. I also enjoy the autonomy. Mangers are helpful and always available for advice and guidance
Pros
Good pay
Cons
None I can think of
Horrible company to work for
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 8, 2018
Do not believe the good reviews. This must be corporate trying to up their stars. No support from corporate. Management is awful. Hours per week are a lot. No family time. Always understaffed. Mostly the management is what so bad about this company. You WILL hate working for them. Needs a whole new revamping. Worst company ever. Pay is ok but not worth losing your family or your mind. They treat you like your worthless and talk to you like your ignorant when in fact they make no good decisions for staff. But your the dumb one. They do not listen to any one on anything. These good reviews are not actual workers. They are corporate and management trying to get some employees. DONT DO IT.
Pros
Jail staff
Cons
Managment from top to bottom awful and hateful.
Okay
LPN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNDecember 31, 2017
This is a good company for a fairly new nurse to work. The company is friendly. You don't get much pay for experience though. I was paid well in my early days of nursing, but as I got more years as a nurse, pay was better elsewhere
I loved it
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GADecember 25, 2017
I loved every thing about this job. I hate that this job was taken out of the contract. I would still be there today. This was the most laid back coolest job ever. My boss was awesome.