Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center

Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews

High Compensation- friendly Staff
EVS Aide (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2018
Been working here for the last two years.There is no such thing as team work when it comes to my department. I work in the EVS dept. We are now managed by Sodexo, and I feel like the expectations of workers have changed. The clinical staff here is very helpful and friendly. We have the option of joining the union, that is the best part. I feel like management has their " favorites" so its hard to stay motivated.
Pros
High Compensation
Cons
Poor Management- EVS
Co-workers and Managements
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2017
I have been working at Southern Hills Hospital and ER at the Lakes less than a year. The physicians and other staffs are very approachable; exceptionally.
Pros
Cool colleagues and flawless Radiology Management.
Cons
I never had any issue.
Love this place!
X-Ray Technologist/ Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2017
Southern Hills has been a great place to work! I love the people I work with! Management is very encouraging for advancement and education. Communication in the radiology department is excellent and everyone gets along very well!
Excellent and talented staff / Poor management
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2017
Southern Hills has an excellent staff to care for patients and their families. It is an excellent place to seek medical and emergency medical care. However, just recently there has been a change in the culture and administrative staff. The family atmosphere is completely gone and the young administrative staff are profit driven with little or no knowledge of healthcare. A business degree does not give you instant comprehension of the medical field. Certain people are promoted and favoritism is rampant in the current atmosphere.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Poor management without knowledge and power hungry, resume building administrative staff
Small Hospital Mentality
Critical Care RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2017
The hospital is still growing out of it's small hospital mentality. Management is supportive. Charting is laborious and antiquated. Supportive staff and flexible hours for per diem.
Pros
Management is supportive.
Cons
Charting is laborious and antiquated with too much reliance on paper.
Very nice company
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Love this company, everyone was really nice and easy to get along with, they always made their employees and patients feel comfortable. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Great atmosphere and great workers
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
Smaller hospital with great employees. Clean and well kept. Workload is very manageable and management is great with communication and is also very involved with staff.
Pros
You can pay for lunch in the cafe with your badge
Excellent management and staff. Enjoyable place to work in the ER.
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2016
The only reason I left the ER was because I was moving to Michigan. Excellent work environment and great support from clinical managers and assistant clinical managers.
Materials Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2012
The staff is wonderful to work with, everyone is very nice. I have learned a lot about the medical field. I have used my customer service background to excel in this position.
Pros
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3