Southern Illinois Healthcare Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Very Competitive Work Enviornment
Cancer Registrar/Conference Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJuly 18, 2018
Typical day began with searching for potential cancer patients followed by abstracting previous cancer cases. Submitting the abstracted case to the state. Following up with doctors for potential cancer case for collaboration at cancer conferences
Pros
Potential Management Advancement
Cons
Long Hours
Really slow paced
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJuly 6, 2018
I really learned a lot while I was working here. My supervisors weren't too responsive but they'd get back to me at some point whenever I had any concerns.
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, IL 62205June 20, 2018
Very fast paced environment with a lot of patients who need to seek care. In doing so i provided great customer service to patients and employees so that they will have a great experience with care
Great Coworkers
Lab Assistant/Registration (Former Employee) –  Herrin, ILJune 8, 2018
Nice company to work for. Coworkers become like family! Southern Illinois Healthcare does offer the opportunity to further your education and help with tuition.
Excellent Work Experience
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMay 29, 2018
SIH has a good management style. There however a bit too much change that is implemented and the staff often gets over stressed trying to keep up with all the changes and the competency that is required.
Pros
Great Management and Teamwork
Cons
Frequent Changes
Nice place to work
PATIENT INTAKE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Herrin, ILMay 14, 2018
Nice place to work . I learned a lot about patient registration and insurance. I learned medical coding, advance beneficiary notices and different diagnosis.
Perinatal Coordinator
OB Perinatal Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 19, 2018
On any given day I may have a morbidity/mortality review, circulate a Cesarean Section, audit charts, works on safety issues or process improvement. The hardest part of my job is to balance everything I do.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
driving distance
It was ok for starting out but wanted to advance
Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 15, 2018
i honestly would not work for SIH again, when i first started it was awesome but then when the state became broke, budget cuts, everything benefits etc went south
Pros
guarnteed 40 hours and paid time off every pay period
Cons
insurance now is not as good a 5K deductible
Better Employer in southern Illinois
Employee (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 9, 2018
SIH is a good employer, one of the best in southern Illinois. You can find better employers in other regions, but if you prefer to live in southern Illinois, this is one of the best.
Fair Place to work
Float Pool Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMarch 22, 2018
There are many variables depending on what area you are working in throughout the organization. Some areas are reasonably staffed and some are pushed so hard on "productivity" levels that the job just isn't enjoyable.
Stressful
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILMarch 22, 2018
Busy prompt care clinic. Employees do not communicate well between departments. Often not enough providers but unwilling to allow more to work per shift.
Work experience
Patient Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILMarch 2, 2018
I loved taking care of and registering patients everyday. I think it was a great experience to increase my customer service knowledge and experience. I did not care for my departments work culture. They worked with a fear culture in the department which made things a little bit more chaotic than it needed to be. Other departments in the hospital followed a leadership style of management which was very encouraging. They would take a bottom up approach to help and solve problems in the work environment.
Pros
I got to meet some amazing people and get some amazing connections
Cons
The fear culture that was made in Patient INtake
Excellent employment choice for Southern Illinois area
Patient Financial Services Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I could not encourage a resident of Southern Illinois enough to apply for employment through this corporation. Southern Illinois Healthcare care very highly for both their patients and their employees. I was consistently encouraged and challenged to set goals for myself which allowed my to grow in my professional work experience immensely. SIH offers full healthcare benefits for employees that are eligible and allows employees to earn vacation time fairly. I am so grateful for the opportunity to work here and will miss this employer very much.
Pros
Encouragement, growth, benefits, challenged to learn, excellent management
Cons
Na
Opportunities
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Many opportunities for advancement. Many perks with the job. Cross job training. Had the resources I needed to do my job and guidance from managers.
Good working culture
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Herrin, ILFebruary 7, 2018
Company has good values, mission and vision both for clients' benefits and for employee satisfaction. Best provider in the area and provides opportunities for growth.
Very encouraging and collaborative work environment
REGISTRATION TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJanuary 22, 2018
I have the highest respect for my employers at SIH. They treated their employees with dignity and respect and worked hard to create a comfortable work culture.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
healthcare
great people living their mission
ADMINISTRATOR HERRIN HOSPITAL, Herrin (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILNovember 14, 2017
fantastic group of people working hard every day to live the mission of the organization. supportive, learning, safe. growing organization and well positioned for the future
Pros
mission
Cons
job security
I enjoy working here
Patient Care Technician Medical-Surgery (Current Employee) –  Murphysboro, ILNovember 12, 2017
I have only been here for two months and so far so good. I enjoy working with my team. This is the only place that I have ever walked into and it immediately felt like home.
Pros
salary, benefits, teammates
Cons
census driven
Was a very forward thinking company at time of hirement
Physician Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILOctober 16, 2017
Was a supportive, balanced forward thinking company. All departments worked well together. Produced a family style atmosphere. willing to promote from within.
Pros
not at this time
Cons
not at this time
Very Productive Place
Care Program Manager-Victims Advocate (Current Employee) –  Centreville, IL 62207July 28, 2017
My experience at Southern Illinois Healthcare as an employee has been great. While I had to be a self starter the support and guidance I received from my supervisor was excellent. As, well as, the support from co-workers it is effeminately an team players environment.