Southern Illinois University Employee Review

View all Southern Illinois University reviews

Productive enjoyable work place.
Supervisor Ben Anderson (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILDecember 16, 2013
A typical day would involve lots of phone calls and working on/with computers. I learned a lot about closed and open networks, best way to trouble shoot computer/network issues, and was able to better my phone etiquette. The management team I work for was amazing, understanding, and extremely helpful. All of my former co-workers were more than willing to teach me about things I didn't know about involving the our positions. The hardest part of the position was knowing I was only hired as temporary extra help and the position was not permanent. The best part of the position I held was being able to work so close with so many great people that truly worked as a team to acquire mutual goals.

Other Southern Illinois University Employee Reviews

good learning institution
Teaching and Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, IL 62901June 16, 2018
This job was an assistant-ship award during my Master and PhD studies in mechanical engineering, which is included tuition waiver and cost of living expenses. I am grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
promote team work environment
Cons
I have to multi task job and education demands at times.
Not a bad place
Saluki Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 6, 2018
Not a bad place to work! Friendly people all around! Chances to work with very many different cultures and ethnicity. I was a student worker so my job was to help other students in the UCOL classes as their peer mentor. Enjoyed the day-to-day interactions with my peers and professors.