Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc.

Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc. Employee Reviews

Employee (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJuly 25, 2018
Welcome to Southern Jersey Family Medical Center where the patient comes first and the employee comes last.The culture of positivity and trust within the Organization is extremely lacking and management is micro to the max.
Pros
Cons
Read the reviews thoroughly!
Don't waste your time
Patient Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJuly 5, 2018
There is no work life balance. Insurance is too high for you to afford. Every employee is treated like a number that can easily be replaced. Management is very cut throat and inappropiate. Doctors are the only important and valued staff members
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and Free lunch, s fun
Outreach Coordinator/ Creole Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJMay 24, 2018
My position was very busy. I have learned a lot form my coworkers and clients. It was multicultural environment that help me acknowledge the differences between different cultures. The upper management is very efficient but the lower management is the problem. The hardest part of the job is to work long hours. The most enjoyable part is when I'm helping the patients.
worse place to work
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 28, 2018
Co workers and managers treat you as if you are in prison. Lots of gossiping around. Poor management. The only thing i enjoyed doing is going in the field to help clients with referring to organizations due to their respective needs. Framed me for something i did not do. Job security is poor. Mandatory meetings and very strict on personal phone use and making sure everyone clocks in and out. Took forever to get my mileage check. Review sessions based on performance never happened. I will never work for this disgraced organization again.
Pros
paid vacaction, holiday, sick days.
Cons
Management, Work environment
Petty Coworkers and Unfair to things that are out of your controls
CMA (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJDecember 30, 2017
Glad im no longer working there, from day one they didnt want to train us and They had really bad attitudes. also they talk behind your back . horrible.
Cons
environment, coworkers, management
Positive work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 30, 2017
It was a good place to work i liked helping the community around us. The pay was good. The benifits were great. My coworkers we awsome. I really loved working for the company.
A fast paced work environment
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 23, 2017
This position required good communications skills in all areas, Being capable of taking confidential and sensitive information and placing them in proper places and staff. Heavy phone duties of scheduling and billing for clients and physicians. A friendly and family like work place. Must be able to cross train and attend mandatory meetings when necessary.
Pros
Family like work environment
Cons
Overbooking of paitents.
busy office
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJune 28, 2017
answer incoming calls to schedule appointments, verifying appointments, checking insurances, rescheduling appointments, creating providers schedules, loved speaking to patients
Pros
enjoyable coworkers
Cons
long shifts
unit clerk
Health Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJune 14, 2017
I feel patient care takes a back seat to quantity. I do not feel that the health needs of each patient are evaluated thoroughly. Employees are not treated with respect. employees are over worked and under paid.
Very busy
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 5, 2017
Very busy and can be hectic at times but we have fun to make it work for us.
The most enjoy part of my job is my co workers. We get along for the most part and work very well together...As a team
Part time Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJMarch 20, 2017
SJFMC is located in Salem, NJ and at the time I worked there we actually went to the schools in Salem and put sealants on the students teeth. What a wonderful program!
Vision driven organization from top down and throughout
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Corporate officeFebruary 4, 2017
This company cares about it's patients and the communities it is in. Employees are there because of that and that is what drives them. Good benefits and salary
Pros
Great staff, nice offices, feel good about helping others
Cons
Can be a little more up with the times regarding life/work balance and more liberal w some policies
poor work place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 27, 2017
refuse to provide information bout this employer due to the way they treat their bilingual worker very awful, not a placent workplace
busy office
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJJanuary 17, 2017
busy, how to deal with the different cultures, management was good, great co-workers, not been able to help everyone, appreciation.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
long distance travel
not a very good place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 29, 2016
they discriminate, do not care about their workers, very strick on absent and tardiness even if is something that is beyond our humane control. very happy and pleased i no longer work with them.
Don't do it
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJApril 17, 2016
High turnover is the clue. Run, Run, Run. CEO runs company on a personal mindset. Human Resources does not know the meaning of diversity and are unapproachable. what happened to open door policy? If you are desperate for a job or experience, go for it but continue to look. Staff care and management care about patients but definitely not the employees.
medical terminology ,scheduling , computer skills, fast paced
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJApril 12, 2016
Responsible for high volume calls regarding medical care, schedule appointments for 7 medical facilities and 6 dental facilities. Maintain professional and courteous customer service focus at all times. Daily use of EHR. Chance to work with organization who's goal is to help people regardless of economic status . Hardest part of job is when you hear about sickness with no cure , breaks your heart but also reminds you to be grateful for what you have .
Pros
weekends off
Cons
distance from home
Not worth your time.
Social services (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 5, 2015
This is not an employee friendly company. I would not even recommend my enemies. Management treats the employees more like slave or prisoners. Company is not responsive to employee needs. If you are sick, you are punished for calling out, even if you have paid sick time to use. You are not respected as a person. If you end up needing FMLA, you WILL be fired! My recommendation, RUN away from this place and find some where else to work!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, Not Employee Friendly.
Draining, hostile and negative work enviornment
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJJuly 22, 2015
This entire company is a joke and a set up for disaster. They tell you one thing when you take your job position, only to have you doing six different jobs in a setting that is always short handed because their turn over rate is out of this world. A very negative environment no room for improvement.
Pros
You end up covering so many different job titles you have no choice but to again skills
Cons
You get reprimanded for using your own time No room for growth or promotion
A very fast paced enviroment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 4, 2015
Productive work place to serve all patients equally.Very high volume and fast paced.A constant place for motivation. The patients appreciate my hard work.
Pros
Benefits and work experience
Cons
Very late breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Jersey Family Medical Centers, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6