Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative

Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative Employee Reviews

It was good until transitioned to work under another supervisor
I had a wonderful learning experienced while working at the Cooperative. I learned and grew as a professional. Many diverse people to work with. I truly enjoyed my working days at the Cooperative. Would I work back with the Cooperative? I think so but not with the same management.
Pros
Salary, and benefits, time off, summer days short
Cons
No room to grow
Productive place to work
I really enjoyed working for this agency. There was a very good culture and management was always available to answer any questions that we as employees asked. If they would hire me back, I would go back.
Pros
Good management
Cons
can be a little more relaxed
Dog eat dog world
The cooperative itself felt like every program thought they were better than others, it was not united. You felt looked down upon from program coordinators and staff if you were not apart of their program. People just seemed miserable. Also, the building itself is rundown, management hardly had cleaners come, common area disgusting...grown women not cleaning up after themselves!

Managment was poor. No effective communication, no safety to discuss concerns without feeling attacked or belittled, it was extremely stressful. When you have a supervisor you are to be managed with respect and they are to set an example. This was not the case. There was no encouragement, no leading you to the right answers only insulting your intelligence.
Pros
Pto, half day Fridays in summer
Cons
Dirty office space, programs working against another, managment
A great place to work
I really enjoyed working there. I built relationships and learned about different programs. I was able to help behind the scenes. The benefits are good.
Great place of employment
I enjopyed working at this facility. Their mission was on point and the woman I worked with was ab amazing supervisor. The Cooperative as a whole had many issues, but the program with in which I worked was wonderful.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
productive
Typical day was getting to the office and look at the schedule to do home visits or schedule clients. I learned the different culture and how to work with them.
Know Before You Take It
SNJPC sounds like a dream from the outside looking in but please be aware of what you are signing up for before you accept a position. First the PROS:
Great benefits

Generous PTO and time off

Not a high turnover of staff (usually)

CONS:

Leadership is stagnant, not open to change, and not supportive of career pathing or growth. You will not have an ability move up unless the 'regime' dies. No one above mid-level gets fired or disciplined and nepotism is RAMPANT. The cronies up top give out the favorable projects and accolades to a select few and bring their kids and friends in as consultants and interns.

There are no opportunities for growth.

There is no real effort to innovate or change. Leadership asks for advice and ideas, but in the end would rather have their egos stroked than to implement real effective strategies that could benefit the clients we serve.

Management does not know how to manage. Passive aggressive personalities pervade all the offices, not just the main suite. Leaders who are known to not be effective and stunt the agency are still allowed to come to work and continue to poison the staff morale and motivation.

If you are interested in just a job, not a career, then I would suggest coming here, but be advised, you will not learn, grow or be able to implement any change in this stubborn agency and will end up burning out and leaving like the rest of the people who care about their careers in non-profits. The rest of the people that are here long term seem to be content accepting government funds for ineffective, non-strategic, old-fashioned
 - more...
Pros
Lots of PTO and time off
Cons
No room for growth, career pathing, or growing in skills.
Non-Supportive Working Environment
Overall, the organization seems promising from an outside perspective; however, spending time and getting to know more of the programs, supervisors, and employees - there were some employees who were open and personable which made working within the program manageable. There were others who have been hired but are not qualified for the position; There's a lot of authoritative and/or passive aggressive personalities which makes it hard to trust and/or work with certain individuals. There were many stressors that could have been avoided with proper and appropriate team management. There's a lack of trust and support from everyone.

More details can be provided as to how poorly run the organization/programs are, but I've moved on and do not wish to re-live the stress I've experienced while working for them.

Please take into consideration and further study the organization/agency you plan/wish to work for before making any final decisions - most importantly, follow your instincts - which I should have done before I accepted a position for this organization. Seriously take into consideration the reviews written for the organization/agencies - this should've been my first clue when there were only 3 reviews for this organization.
Pros
1/2 days and Paid Vacation
Cons
Poor management, lack of support for their employees, and many passive-aggressive personalities
Great Company
I am constantly attending seminars, webinars and trainings to expand my knowledge. This company is very accodating to their employees and the wok atmosphere is inviting
Pros
great benefits, bonuses
Cons
large caseloads
Worked with Professional Staff who cared about the families they served
I was the Receptionist/Secretary and worked with professional nurses and social workers. It was a coalition of staff who provided training for nursing staff and helped families in need in the community.

The most enjoyable part was knowing that the staff at SNJPC were making a difference in the lives of the families they served. I loved the Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies program.
Pros
Serving a Community of Families in Need...the holiday bonus at the end of the year.
Cons
The overall pay could have been more in compliance with other companies.
Non Profit
Southern NJ Perinatal Cooperative is a non profit located in Pennsauken NJ. It employs about 200 people and facilitates about 20-30 programs for moms and babies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3