Southern Protection Agency Employee Reviews

You're only there so they get lower insurance.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 11, 2019
Unarmed security is only "eyes on site" in case of emergency so the company being guarded can pay less for insurance. It's easy work. Tons of routine. Mild paperwork. Ungrateful clients. A mixed group of coworkers, you meet all kinds on site. Supervisors can be the worst, I got lucky. You are a greeter for elitist snobs and a slight deterrent to minor criminals.
I enjoyed the job, but it suited my needs at the time.
Guard (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2019
This company sucks to work for. You have to drive 2 hours to a job site. They dont pay gas money. The lt and director is screwing each other. So the lt gets all favoritism. They dont pay u what they say they will.. company is crooks.
Pros
Cons
Everythimg and anything u can come up with
Good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 26, 2019
•I worked every morning
•I either worked 6-2 or 6-6 and sometimes 7-7
•I got paid every 2 weeks
•Work was never hard
•You day on your behind for 12 hours
N/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  EverywhereAugust 21, 2019
Low paying job and they moving u around to much and sometimes u don't work at all they cant keep worker they always need new employees and u have to wait a month before u get a check also check change every paid day and its not the same
I was not happy working with this company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2019
Southern Protection Agency does not stand behind their security officer when there a offense occurs. And payroll is not always accurate. I will not recommend anyone to apply with this company
Okay
Lead Gate Keeper (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAAugust 10, 2019
it was ok working at this comapny. They don't recognize certain things, but thats just lack of good management. They will have you working crazy hours.
Owner will treat you worse than a stray dog.
Operations Manager/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2019
Owner will promise you the world and when you put in the work he’s starts screaming at you because his memory is going. I’ve never in 25 years of working been so mistreated by any coworker let alone the owner. Avoid this man / company like the plague. How this man hasn’t had a class action lawsuit for a hostile work environment is beyond me.
Relaxed and simple role in the workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJuly 10, 2019
Southern Protection Agency is a good company to work for. Since it is a private security agency, they have contracts with many different companies. This results in often being asked by a separate site supervisor (not the supervisor of your regular job site) to pick up an extra shift at another site, however far it is from your regular job site.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaJune 20, 2019
Great place for steady employment and less stress management is very reasonable and also works with your schedule. Majority of the sites are reasonable.
Judgemental
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 11, 2019
I went into this company. Killed the interview and I was called to go to villa rica to receive my uniform. No security company requires you to dress up in dress clothes to try on uniform. So I went casual. The head manager was rude whispering behind my back to his supervisor saying I was not a good fit because I did not come dressed up. Furthermore he didn’t address me. So I felt discriminated against. This was horrible. They talk about you and very unprofessional. No one cared that I drove a hour and 30 minutes to pick up uniform. No one informed me that I should dress up to pick up uniform. Horrible HORRIBLE People. Horrible experience. ADVICE: TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER!
Pros
Immediate hire
Cons
Poor management
not a job for people with real responsibilities
Flagger/Traffic Control (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 10, 2019
During my interview, I asked would I be guaranteed 40 hours a week and the area manager guaranteed me that but once I got out into the field I realized if there are not enough jobs that day you don't work if it rains or snows you don't work depending on the site you work you may not get a break or lunch. You also have to constantly check your hours because if you wait til payday and realize your hours are sure they give you a hard time about proving you worked that day. You will learn the job they're several great team leads who will help you along the way also there are a lot of easy days it not a hard job if you don't mind being on your feet all day.
Pros
easy to learn, not physically demanding
Cons
work hours unstable breaks are not guaranteed
stay very far away
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAMay 13, 2019
this job is not very great. you have very low pay and the manager staff have gone through so many workers im surprised it hasnt gone under.

im currently searching for a new company to work for because this one is god awful. they dont give you raises,the other guards are lazy and have lost us good sites,they sleep on the job,and have a very rude demoner.

the upper management is worse since they seem to fire someone everyother day. ive had about 5 diffrent socs in the last couple of months. hopefully they get thier act togethere.
Pros
nothing that i can think of
Cons
evrything this company offers
No balance between management and employees
Regional Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2019
The company has went through several management changes in one year due to inefficient leadership of the CEO and COO. Security officers are not trained on mandatory security training, not drug screened upon hiring, management and employees are not completely trained on company protocol, equipment and paperwork.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Overworked and not trained properly
Owner and management are horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sautee Nacoochee, GANovember 3, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Owner and management do not keep their promises. Treat their employees like dirt. No room for advancement. Owner is cheap with raises, will give new employees more money, Than more senior employees. They make you work long hours because of high turnaround, with no appreciation.
Don’t do it.
Security officer (Former Employee) –  PoolerOctober 1, 2018
Horrible place to work, unless you enjoy being used and over worked without any benefits or decent pay. You don’t get “special” treatment unless your in there circle (the hire ups) people will lie on you and stab you in the back. Be careful with what you say to people because everything spreads like a disease. I do not recommend this to anyone. Have respect for yourself and don’t work there!
Cons
Only apply if you really need a job but you better have Transportation
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 26, 2018
I risked my life multiple times when a situations happen no one called me to ask how I was doing they called to tell me I was removed from that site when I did everything by the books but then turn around and called me back and said never mind we keeping you at the location because they look at the camera and seem I was doing my job they don’t believe nothing they’re employees say
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything about the company
Management and Owner is a joke
Management (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAAugust 7, 2018
Management will call you on you days off for non-paid meetings and other tasks. Management is very vengeful to employees who don't perform non-paid tasks. Complaints are handled with no reguard to what really happened. Liars and favorites will be promoted. Management demands to be informed but acts like your bothering them when you do. Numerous backstabbers through out the company including the Owner. DO NOT work for this company!!!
Concerned
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Temple, GAAugust 1, 2018
The job would be ok if you didnt have to carry the load of their friend because they didnt do their job. Or show up when they was suppose to work. They need to check more on the female employees that work over night.
Productive and hardworking environment
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJuly 30, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of getting to the site 15min early, monitoring camera's and patrolling over the site. (scanning in every two hours until another officer is on site.)
Pros
Calm Quiet Working Environment. Nice Employees on site.
Cons
No Time Off For Lunch Break
Racist company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
Things are very unfair nobody communicates, but I’ve dealt with some bias situations where as if someone of one color does something they get a pass (you get what I mean) but as soon as someone of another color does it, it’s a write up or termination there is sickening favoritism within this company and they lie as well as talk disrespectful to you. You never know your schedule and when you call you don’t get any help when you try to speak with hr! Horrible company then they take your money out of your paycheck when u leave them instead of letting you return your uniform. Everyone knows your business and people will talk about it and about you as well. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!